tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hiccup, Wanted to turn your attention to the classes added through the Thorium Mod. (though they don't go as far as Calamity mod bosses sadly) They still add a nice new way to play. Bards buffing the party members with various bonuses and healers using their radiant damage to heal there allies. I think your mod in tandem could improve on those a bit and I would like to see what you could do with it.

On another thought, the Arcane Sniper class. Seems others are having trouble with how it works (or did work). Was thinking of some changes you could make along the lines of at certain levels you activate your ability and it applies elemental effects to the shots. Each shot costing an amount of mana / or time frame that will drain you mana at ever increasing rates. Then when you are out of mana maybe have you basic shots replenish the mana. this way you feel like a ranger who learned a few tricks from magic users.

Idea: Beast Master: Having Ranged damage and 1 Minion based class. minion damage+. upon attacking a target it sets it as a marked target for your pet (or summon) to focus on.(Some restrictions may occur do to how some summons work, walls,range, etc). Ability: Enrage yourself and your minion providing Damage %, Crit%, Attack Speed%, and Incoming damage by a %.

Another Idea: Survivalist: Range damage+, Health or Defense+ / or thrown ground weapons (aka traps), and Gathering+. Ability: Increases in Attack Speed/ Movement speed / Gathering power. Drains mana at a certain rate while active.

Well Thanks for suck an Awesome mod, I hope to see your continued efforts bare even more fruits and Have a wonderful day.

So, in multiplayer, particle effects like with the chronomancer and the Angel glow do not show up for the other players. The angel's ability also only heals themself

Ooh ooh! I have a good idea for a class! A bee class! Please! I can see it with bee wings, and stat boosts specifically for bee-related items, such that they remain viable into late game! *hopeful smile*

I could just be bad at math here but with Soulbound it looks like it is impossible to actually have it be a net positive for damage? I get the whole "for RP purposes" reasoning and I love it since I'm always going to be a minion-user, but it hurts a bit gimping myself to only one minion *and* losing damage for it

Obviously I haven't tried every single combination yet, but with 5 bonus minions I'm still losing damage vs having 6 minions without being Soulbound

Honestly now that I think about it, Soulbound in general kind of seems counter intuitive since the whole "you can only have one minion" attribute prevents you from having anything that takes more than 1 minion slot. Maybe I'm just reading into it wrongly but I honestly kind of expected to be able to have one minion regardless of how many "slots" it consumed and that I'd get a buff to damage based on the unused slots I had left.

EDIT - I only say this because it seems like the one minion Soulbound quality only works against you, never for you. Example being that if you use a Butterfly Staff from Thorium, you only get one minion even though it gives you three butterflies per minion slot normally, but the reverse isn't true of being able to get one minion that would normally take two slots :L I only say this because I really like how this mod does its classes, but soulbound in particular is rather inconsistent is all

Last edited:
Honestly now that I think about it, Soulbound in general kind of seems counter intuitive since the whole "you can only have one minion" attribute prevents you from having anything that takes more than 1 minion slot. Maybe I'm just reading into it wrongly but I honestly kind of expected to be able to have one minion regardless of how many "slots" it consumed and that I'd get a buff to damage based on the unused slots I had left.

EDIT - I only say this because it seems like the one minion Soulbound quality only works against you, never for you. Example being that if you use a Butterfly Staff from Thorium, you only get one minion even though it gives you three butterflies per minion slot normally, but the reverse isn't true of being able to get one minion that would normally take two slots :L I only say this because I really like how this mod does its classes, but soulbound in particular is rather inconsistent is all
yeah, these classes need some work still, balance is still in the works I'm sure, and there are still new classes to be done
if you go back on the page a bit, you would see there is an unimplemented class (I was the first to report it, maybe even first to discover it), which shows that development is still a thing for this mod

Just thought I'd report a bug; the Knight's shield ability only applies the knockback in a single direction (right), regardless of which side of the you shield is on, or activated on.

Heads up for those who play soulbound, revengance mode from calamity is no longer compatible with the class

I'm currently playing with some other mods (Thorium, imksushi, infinity, magic storage and hero's mod) and i wanted to play the moth, cause i wanted to see if the rpg mod could make viable the dots on terraria. I understand that having wings in the early is a HUGE advantage, but they are other classes that also have wings, like the demon or the angel. I just think that the class isn't powerful enough to compete against other classes. I'm not only talking about winged classes, i'm also talking about other DOT classes. Just think about the savage. His dot is massive. Deals a lot of damage, reduces incoming damage and increases your damage output in a percentage. Yeah, the bleed and all that are there, but the buff is just too powerful. In that way, he does even better the job of a class focused on dealing dot effects. And what about the ninja? It's also a thrown focused class, but it also has a "dot", and is A LOT more powerful special abbility than multiplier, and the spores of the moth. Someone can demonstrate me if it is worth using this class?
-The wings are pretty nice, i don't have any complains about that.
-The special ability, at least from my opinion, is pretty meh. It's too situational, doesn't deal that much damage, and also, you need to have the charges, and, be flying over the enemy for it to deal damage. Maybe, it could be changed to also apply the poison to the attacks. Using the charges, obviously. It would be a lot more like a dot class if you could actually use the dots whenever you want to, not only when you have flasks, proyectiles or weapons that apply a dot (that aren't that much in the game).
-The dot multiplier isn't clear. Maybe if you tell us what the formula is, maybe we could work around that, and calculate if the dot effects can be sustainable even at hardmode/endgame. From what i've been playing the moth (I´ve defeated the ragnarök from the Thorium), the dots, even the strongest ones, can't compete with the raw damage. I have an idea, that you could improve MASSIVELY the dots damage, but to cut also a lot your raw damage. Maybe multiply the dots damage x1.66 every time you level up, but to have a permanent -30% damage from all sources that aren't dots.
Finally, by saying that the class can't utilice his advantages at all times, you can also complain about that for the biome classes, or the situational classes. That I also think should be changed, to have some passive bonuses outside their biome. Of course, weaker than the "normal" classes, but to also have something to work with. This happent to me when i was playing with the merfolk. At the start of the game, the class was excellent, no complains at all. But they were some situations were you are in a real disadvantage, like when you have to fight a boss in the undergrounds, and you just can't utilize your class advantages, because even you special ability, that is supposed to make your bonusses work even if you are not in your biome, can't, 'cause you can't make rain fall in the undergrounds :/

I can't really go through 43 pages to check, so was there ever any modders who sent projectile names for compatibility with the summoner classes?

I can't bring up the class selection screen and pressing Q gives me some kind of debug buff with a long name like "Class.Buff" or something like that

i wish there was a way to turn off the merfolk looking like a fish, i find it ugly and want to change it but i want to still be a merfolk.
me too! I loved the class! being the one with more HP regen and a cool skill that makes rain... I even worked hard to make a character with the same color pallet than the merfolk transformation, I was even going to write a backstory for that char... but I can't find a way to turn off the transformation çwç
my idea was to use the transformation as an 'super sayain' (ugly fish version)...
upload_2018-2-7_17-17-15.png

[doublepost=1518031383,1518031047][/doublepost]
me too! I loved the class! being the one with more HP regen and a cool skill that makes rain... I even worked hard to make a character with the same color pallet than the merfolk transformation, I was even going to write a backstory for that char... but I can't find a way to turn off the transformation çwç
my idea was to use the transformation as an 'super sayain' (ugly fish version)...
upload_2018-2-7_17-17-15.png

Okay, I find a way to do that... if you have a neptune shell equiped in hidden mod you won't look like a fish anymore!

upload_2018-2-7_17-22-11.png

This mod very amazing, but it would be great if there were a bard class to go with symphonic damage in the Thorium mod. I look forward to further updates. :D

I'm pretty sure that's on the to-do list, along with a Thorium healer and Tremor alchemist
Alright, Duly noted. Thank you, and on behalf of all the users here I'm sure we could use those along with some others I can think of. ;D

Super excited and looking forward to future patches.

This has probably been reported already, but some of the skills don't work properly on multiplayer, such as Savage's damage over time, and sometimes the Explorer skill randomly doesn't work

I've asked about this in the Tremor Mod Threads and this has probably been already been gone over but is there a way to disable the "adventure sparks" somehow to make it so that they don't override the RPG class mod. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both mods and the file order they go in in the mods folder doesn't seem to do anything. I'm not sure if it's a common issue but it's quite possible that I may be missing something.

Class Suggestion: Rift Sniper

Effectively the Range counterpart to Voidwalker

Instead of teleporting, places two linked portals at cursor and in front of the caster (or under if pressing down). No direct line of sight needed for distant portal.
Alternatively: you have to activate the ability twice to place two portals at two different places based on the cursor, though that would be a slower use.

Projectiles are able to travel through the portals, whether magic or artillery. (would be nice but wouldn't be surprised if it wouldn't be implemented)

Going through the portal would grant the Chaos State debuff, so if you go through a portal before the debuff runs out you suffer damage. Due to this limitations portals can stay up indefinitely (till disconnecting/restart)

Levels would increase the usual stats for range and magic. As well as increasing the max distances you can place a portal.
(I would suggest increasing the number of paired portals placed but I suspect that would cause problems in multiplayer if multiple people choose the same class)

The idea being for this class is that it's a more social version of the Voidwalker, so groups can benefit from the teleports. So if you're spelunking with a crew (or fighting the WoF), they can come with you through walls instead of having to mine through stuff to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom