Class Ranking

crystal darts > chlorophyte arrows

The context is in the weapon, the darts are a superior ammo on their own right because they are faster and bounce more, but you can’t use the crystal dart with a chlorophyte shotbow and make an absolutely stupid barrage of projectiles to bounce around corners.

What about Chlorophyte bullets?

Those actually aren’t good for caves because they like to turn into the walls or ground trying to chase something out of their reach.

I’m not talking about caves. @qwerty3.14 said that the Hardmode Dungeon is the last time you need to go underground, and I was saying that Chlorophyte is a big reason to go back to the jungle after Plantera, for the ammo.

Personally, in the process of getting Life Fruits I find more than enough Chlorophyte to last the entire game and even sometimes have some to spare for Chlorophyte armor. The secret is Spelunker Potions.

Can you explain?
ok.
1. mage is a great class,it has unique weapons and unique armor set pieces.it is really easy to mix and match math armor pieces,and it hones your dodging.
2.Ranger has some of the coolest guns,such as the uzi and minishark,and op bows too,like the dadelus stormbow,it has what I feel like the most balanced amount of defense and offense.
3.Melee has very repititive weapons such as swords,and does feel like it copies from other classes.along with that,if you are playing melee,your dodgin skills become apart,or they fall apart.however,even after that,it still feels fun to play with
4. summoner has a prrety restricted path,and not a lot of weapopns.at the start of the game,it is kind of hard to find a good summon weapon,as you have to rely on other weapons.Combined with the exponentially low defense and the extreme amount of dodging,along with short range weapons,ais that may not be so good,it feels more of a challenge that says,well,you haven't played summoner? WELL COME ON,you don't know what it's like,what if you find it to be great? blah blah blah blah...

at the start of the game,it is kind of hard to find a good summon weapon,as you have to rely on other weapons.
Flinx staff exists, and if you're having trouble getting it you can either find a dart trap and use that to kill it or you can just grab a lava bucket and dump it on the enemies.
Combined with the exponentially low defense and the extreme amount of dodging,
Defense doesn't matter after prehardmode unless you're in normal mode. "Extreme amounts of dodging" is something every class has to do, not just summoner. Plus, valhalla knight and Hallowed armor exist and are waaaaay more tanky than anything that relies on defense.
along with short range weapons,ais that may not be so good,
Whips really aren't that short range, if you have that issue just use obsidian armor, plus only some of the AI are bad. Sanguine Staff, Blade Staff, Raven Staff, Vampire Frogs, Flinx, Stardust Cells, Stardust Dragon, Terraprisma, Desert Tiger, and Xeno staff all have an adequate AI.

Flinx staff exists, and if you're having trouble getting it you can either find a dart trap and use that to kill it or you can just grab a lava bucket and dump it on the enemies.

To be fair, it’s a bit harder to get a flinx staff if you get screwed by worldgen and end up without a finch than any of the other classes. Melee and ranged can just make something out of ores, Mage is a bit harder because you have to find gems too but it still works. Not impossible to get going, and it’s still perfectly capable of getting going before the first boss however.

To be fair, it’s a bit harder to get a flinx staff if you get screwed by worldgen and end up without a finch than any of the other classes. Melee and ranged can just make something out of ores, Mage is a bit harder because you have to find gems too but it still works. Not impossible to get going, and it’s still perfectly capable of getting going before the first boss however.
If you don't have a weapon, can't you just use blocks to protect yourself until you find one of those two things I mentioned? Most enemies in prehardmode don't wallhack outside of the biomes intended for post-world evil, plus if you don't have a weapon you can just switch between a pickaxe and blocks by holding shift.

If you don't have a weapon, can't you just use blocks to protect yourself until you find one of those two things I mentioned? Most enemies in prehardmode don't wallhack outside of the biomes intended for post-world evil.

You can, but the point I’m making is it’s hard*er* to get going if you don’t get what you need. Mage can get their replacement from gems you can find in the top of the cavern layer, while with summoner, if you refuse to cross class boundaries you have to go all the way down to the magma layer, or find a dart trap rigged in the right place and then go to the snow biome specifically to get your upgrade.

Why do people care so much about the super early game? You have no armor or accesories so classes basicly don't exist yet. Just use a bow to kill flinxes, that doesn't define a play through.

Why do people care so much about the super early game? You have no armor or accesories so classes basicly don't exist yet. Just use a bow to kill flinxes, that doesn't define a play through.

I just tend to polarize on one class a lot. I choose the class I want to run and then rarely, if ever, use weapons from another class except for minions. It’s just a little bit annoying that summoner starts that little bit later because of that.

I just tend to polarize on one class a lot. I choose the class I want to run and then rarely, if ever, use weapons from another class except for minions. It’s just a little bit annoying that summoner starts that little bit later because of that.
Unrelated, but I kind of wish you could do a rocket launcher only class without suffering for most of the game.

becuase the thing is,my style of play-through is mixed,at one point of the game,I used the class where it is most powerful.I don't tend to restrict myslef,because it is easy to wander into other classes.beign mixed allows you to experince other weapons.

becuase the thing is,my style of play-through is mixed,at one point of the game,I used the class where it is most powerful.I don't tend to restrict myslef,because it is easy to wander into other classes.beign mixed allows you to experince other weapons.
Being mixed usually just ends up with you using ranger and summoner gear at the same time at all points though.

Back
Top Bottom