Blocks & Decoration Clear glass

FairyPrincessSerenity

Empress of Light
If there's one thing that irks me, it's that glass has those large white streaks all across their surface walls.

2014-11-16_00001.jpg

My suggestion is a simple one. Use the Glass Kiln furniture item to be able to craft a variant of Glass Wall for a design that excludes the little white bits. Call it Clear Glass Wall.

2014-11-16_000011.jpg

It would look closer to the bottom half of the wall as depicted here. It's almost completely invisible. Almost. Clear Glass still fades the background.

Last edited:
It's not like the art would take hours to do, and calling it "Clear glass" wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Game on.

Oh except for the gem variants. That's six more sets to do. Still, not the worst change. Easy to do with the eyedropper tool in Photoshop or even Paint.

Sounds easy to implement, though I'm not really against the glass texture to be honest. But if it's a problem for others then sure, a simple addition like this would be a nice option to have.

ಠ╭╮ಠ This is one of the things that I hate. I try to make beautiful art but, Its all terrible. Then the glass makes it look like I just made glass, Dropped it, & glued it back together. I dont like it at all. Lets out the AC.

Eh, I guess the addition would be fine. It's a different block on it's own, so I guess it would be fine. Not super big on the idea, but once again, it's a different block. So no big deal if this were added.

Eh, I guess the addition would be fine. It's a different block on it's own, so I guess it would be fine. Not super big on the idea, but once again, it's a different block. So no big deal if this were added.

That was my thought process behind it. Giving builders a clear glass option without alienating the people who like some streaks in their panes.

I greatly agree with this suggestion. 100%

As it currently stands, I never use glass walls in any of my construction for this very reason. I highly dislike the visible marks/streaks throughout the glass walls, so much in fact, that I never make use of it.
Granted, I'd love to make more use of windows and more. :) I just hate the visible streaks in it. U_U

(And dang, this suggestion is almost 5 years old. Though it is EXACTLY what I've been thinking lately as well).

Back
Top Bottom