Mobile Clockwork Assault Rifle or Megashark?

Which one is better?

• Megashark

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Clockwork Assault Rifle

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FleshySteve

Terrarian
I just destroyed (no pun intended) the destroyer of worlds, he dropped some Souls of Might and I found out I could make a Megashark, But I already have a Clockwork Assault Rifle (And i've had it since I entered Hardmode) so i'm asking, What's better? Clockwork Assault Rifle or Megashark?

Megashark offers a Not to Consume Ammo effect but has less damage. The Clockwork Assault Rifle does more damage but use 1 Bullet to fire 3. Both fire rates are good. In my opinion, stick with the Megashark. Once you obtain armor that saves ammunition, I would switch back to the Clock work Assault Rifle till you get the Chaingun or the Venus Magnum.

I think the ammo isn't really a big problem. You can have a stack of any ammunation easily, and while fighting bosses, an Ammo Box, Ammo Reservation Potion and some ranged armor(Titanium for the win) you can reach a fair amount of "not to consume ammo". As I''m mostly played as archer on early hardmode, I don't really care so much about farming ammo. And finally, since it shoots 3 bullets for a cost of 1 bullet, the Clackwork Rifle already has a %66 "not to consume" ammo, and its high damage value makes it more effective against high-defence opponents, so the Clockwork Rifle would be better.

But, really, as I said I mostly play as an archer on early hardmode, bows and arrows are simply at least 2 tiers higher than their gun counterparts. So, if you aren't doing a gunslinger run, just farm some good bows and arrows, and of course the titanium ranger armor. Arrows are simply the most awesome part of ranger class in the game :)

Just gonna mention the uzi... pretty good damage, ok knockback, costs peanuts to reforge, and can be obtained before defeating any hardmode bosses...

Megashark. There's a reason it comes later than the clockwork assault rifle, and it's because it's better in every single way.

Just gonna mention the uzi... pretty good damage, ok knockback, costs peanuts to reforge, and can be obtained before defeating any hardmode bosses...
lol the uzi is IMPOSSIBLE to get i have played terraria for a long time and killed 300 angry trappers and never 1 uzi also clockwork assault rifle op with chlorophyll bullets and finally it has a 100% chance not to consume ammo but only on the second and third shot

There's nothing like the feel of a good megashark in your hands. I played for a year without getting the clockwork so I'm pretty biased though. However I would reccommend having both.

I prefer the mega shark as it does do more damage per bullet and more ammo is saved.
yeet19 i am sorry if u feel this rude but i belive you are wrong. my reason being is the clockwork fires 3 bullets. megashark may do more damage with 1 bullet then clockwork 1 bullet howerver clockwork has 3 to make up for that. also i have not checked in a while but i believe the megashark has a 50% chance to not consume ammo where as clockwork has 1 bullet for 3 so like i said earlier 100% not to consume ammo for second and third shot

I'm going to compare those two guns (Badly):

Megashark: Great to use if you're using Shroomite, Ammo Box and Potions so that spamming Chloro bullets won't make you cry. Bad side is that 1 bullet = 1 target.

Clockwork Rifle: Great to use if you're in a tight space and you got some Crystal Bullets. Good CC, spends 1 bullet to shoot out 3. Bad side is that without ammo reservation buffs, you're eating through your ammo stockpile.

So, if I were to choose, I'd choose the Clockwork if you're late-game. Megasharks are used in mid-late game to save ammo.

If you put a good speed reforge on the Clockwork, it gets insane.
The Megashark is decent, I guess.
The Chain gun is great, but it won't be for too much longer. It's supposed to have a crazy spread of bullets, but in Mobile currently, it's quite accurate.

Clockwork on mobile have a 3 2/3 tick attack time(uses 11 ticks to fire 3 bullets, and it doesn't have a cooldown, thereby dealing almost twice the dps of the megashark.

Back
Top Bottom