OOC Clockwork (OOC)

Clockwork

"Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going."
- Sam Levenson

Link to IC

All Characters Can Only Be Accepted By @Wisp95 Or Myself

The steady hum of machinery and the sounds of zeppelin blades whirring in the sky are common sounds of the city of Nova York, a large settlement in the north-east coast of Eastern America.
Known as the industrial and commercial heart of Eastern America, Nova York is a very prosperous area.

However, mysterious events have been occurring here, ranging from mass power failures to lower tides than usual. The local government has refused to give answers to the public about the causes of these events.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Notes:
- Nova York, as well as most of the other cities in this world, are steampunk themed. Steam is the most common source of power, and zeppelins are one of the main modes of transportation.
- The USA is divided into 4 nations:

1. East America, consisting of the east coast up to the Mississippi River.
2. Texas, made up of modern day Texas and parts of New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Colorado.
3. Central America, spanning from the Rocky Mountains up to the Mississippi River.
4. The West Americas, spanning the west coast to the Rocky Mountains.
- All of our world's nations exist in this world, with some minor name changes to some.
- Australia is known as 'New Holland'
- Brazil is known as 'Brasilia'
- The UK is known as 'Britannia'
- Everyone in this world has a creature called a Guardian. Guardians act as guides and friends to people, and can take the form of animals, mythical creatures, etc.

Templates:
Name:

Appearance:

Abilities/skills:

Guardian/Stand/Persona/Dæmon;

Guardian abilities:

Flaws:

Religion:

Extras:
No Mary Sues
If you die, you die and that’s it. You ain’t coming back. (Of course you can always create a new character if you’d like)
No controlling other peoples characters.
There’s technically no character limit, but only make as much as you can handle.
No crossover characters
Characters must be human, but Guardians can be any species
You can be silly at times, but don’t go too overboard. That also applies for the other side of the spectrum. Don’t take this too seriously, as it’s just a roleplay.
Be nice. Your characters can hold grudges, and dislike certain characters, but be respectful when out of character
Have fun! No, seriously, have fun, you deserve it.
Guardians have one or two offensive/defensive abilities, and cannot die unless their owner dies. They can be harmed and rendered useless, but heals over time.
Characters religions can (and is recommended to) be made up. Can also be atheist. No one god is confirmed real.
If you want to tell one character something in secret, you can DM the characters owners what you want to say.
- They reflect people's personalities
- They usually have a fixed form, but if a person's personality changes the Guardian's form may change as well
- They are visible to everyone, and can be heard by everyone
- Hurting a Guardian will hurt it's owner as well
- Killing a person will result in their Guardian dying as well

Special Thanks To @Wisp95 For Helping To Make This Happen

Last edited:
So, crossover characters, as in, characters that are in other roleplays?
Because I really want to put Sunny into this...

This seems interesting, however I have a few questions:

• If the US has been divided up, has anything of note happened to Canada?
  • Are there any limitations on what species characters can be?
  • Pretty much the same question Dragonfire asked, but when you say no crossover characters, do you mean characters that have been in other RPs, or characters that have knowledge from other RPs?
  • What species would be the most common? I'd assume humans considering that this seems to take place on earth, but I still feel like this is an important question to ask.
  • What is normally used to generate the steam? Coal, diesel, wood, or something else?

That just means no characters that are from other universes
Ah okay, wonderful
Name: Sunny A.

Species: Fallen Angel (very slightly dead)

Sunny A.jpg

Wings change color with emotions, left eye is blue while the right is golden. Occasionally wears a fluffy black sweater over her dress. Oh, and the RGB shift actually happens with her. Part of being a glitch, I guess.

Abilities/skills: A great cook, and has limited flight (Can't go too high up). She can hold things with her tail.

Guardian/Stand/Persona/Dæmon: Glitchtrap

Guardian abilities:
A) Stab
B) Scary Time™

Flaws: She has a glitch, tends to space out while doing stuff, kinda dead

Religion: StarClan

Extras: Glitches are a hereditary condition, often accompanied by a mental illness. Here, that would be ADHD. Sunny has her own business (a bakery) where she spends much of her time.

@Wisp95

Last edited:
Name: Fen

Species: Fairy/Guardian

Appearance: Sorta spiky looking brown hair that sticks out everywhere in some places and is smoothed down in others. Red eyes and wears the typical getup based on this day and age in the rp (goggles, maybe suspenders and some other stuff). Has 4 crystalline looking wings and is only a few inches tall

Abilities/skills: Basically magic that involves fire. Lots of fire. This mainly comes in the form of either heat blasts, beams, or fireballs.

Guardian/Stand/Persona/Dæmon; N/A, is a guardian

Guardian abilities:
Heat Beam-A superheated beam; hits one target, inflicts burn
Fireball-A large fireball; hits two targets, inflicts burn

Flaws: Tiny, is a glass cannon, can't lift human sized objects for multiple reasons, can't do his magic when he's wet

Religion: N/A

Last edited:
This seems interesting, however I have a few questions:

• If the US has been divided up, has anything of note happened to Canada?
  • Are there any limitations on what species characters can be?
  • Pretty much the same question Dragonfire asked, but when you say no crossover characters, do you mean characters that have been in other RPs, or characters that have knowledge from other RPs?
  • What species would be the most common? I'd assume humans considering that this seems to take place on earth, but I still feel like this is an important question to ask.
  • What is normally used to generate the steam? Coal, diesel, wood, or something els
1. Canada is still the same
2. Humans, but your Guardian can be any species except human
3. See above
4. Humans are the dominant species
5. Coal and wood

Well, Gan's character doesn't have a guardian, which could imply them being a guardian themselves or something, but as for dragon... well tough.

So if characters have to be human, what's the point of having the species thing on the application template?

The Guardians can be any species, however, the actual character they are derived from has to be human, is my understanding of it anyways.

But I still question the point of having species on the character application, where it clearly looks like it's asking what species the character is, when characters have to be human.

Back
Top Bottom