Weapons & Equip Closing the Summoner's gap between Spider and Tiki Armor (ported from TO)

TheAlphαAndTheΩmega

Skeletron Prime
So I did a pseudo-summoner run, and I notice that there's no summoner-friendly armor between the Spider Armor and the Tiki Armor. There is a 15 defense gap (which isn't THAT important), and a 12% damage gap (not including set bonuses).
My job here is to help close that gap.
Enter Optic Armor.
Optic Armor II.png
(refreshed sprite by yours truly)
optic-armor-png.114838
(alternate sprite by SirCutswood)
~Optic Helmet: 8 defense, increases your max number of minions, increases minion damage by 8%. Recipe: 10 Hallowed Bar, 3 Lens, 1 Black Lens, 10 Soul of Light.
~Optic Breastplate: 12 defense, increases your max number of minions, increases minion damage by 8%. Recipe: 20 Hallowed Bar, 7 Lens, 10 Soul of Light.
~Optic Leggings: 9 defense, increases your max amount of minions, increases minion damage by 8%. Recipe: 15 Hallowed Bar, 5 Lens, 10 Soul of Light.
~Set Bonus: 12% increased minion damage.
~Total stats: 27 defense, increases your max number of minions by 3, increases minion damage by 24%, Set Bonus of 12% increased minion damage (a total damage boost of 36%).

However, instead of another new set entirely, it could be better to add in another Hallowed Armor headpiece. It, with its set bonus, would grant the same stats as Optic would, with the added 7% damage, 8% speed, and 7% crit boosts given by the Hallowed Plate Mail and Greaves.
^This idea was originally thought of by Leinfors and Jetstream Infinity on TO.

Helpful, constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks for reading, and click that like button if you like this idea!

Last edited:
Just make Tiki Armor post-mech and pre-Plantera.
Tiki Armor is almost top-tier, on par with Spooky (and probably better due to Tiki having one extra minion to deal damage) when it comes to DPS. As easy as that would be, the stat gap between it and Spider a bit much, giving Summoners an advantage and nothing to look forward to post-Plantera. Analogically, it's like going from Pumpkin to Shadow/Crimson, except there's a few tiers between Pumpkin and Shadow/Crimson.

Back
Top Bottom