Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
In multiplayer, bombs can destroy the supporting blocks of mannequins even if they have gear on (this shouldn't be possible)

When blown up with gear on, the mannequin doesn't drop its item. (the chests are for keeping track of where the mannequin is, they do not affect the bug)
- If the world is reloaded without replacing anything, the original mannequin is restored.
- If it is placed back in the exact same spot, it becomes an empty stand, Which cannot be interacted with, or destroyed. If the world is reloaded while it is like this, the original mannequin is restored
- If a chest is placed in the mannequin's spot, the "ghost" mannequin is deleted, and whatever it was wearing will not be restored.

helmet.png
Drop missing.png
Empty Stand.png

This only happens on multiplayer. In single player, the mannequin is simply not destroyed as is intended.

Last edited:
Sorry in advance if this seems like post hijacking, I don't know where to post this and this seems like the same issue(?) – I lost my vanity set when I broke a platform that was placed underneath a Womannequin. Are mannequins not supposed to be destroyed when they have gear /vanity on?

I don't remember exactly how they worked in 1.3 (mannequins would drop their stuff if you mined it or something), but in 1.4, since they now "store" items, I assume they shouldn't be broken while clothed. your issue sounds like it may be related, but someone should test it more. (I haven't been able to play terraria lately)

Must have missed this one back when it was first reported. Sorry!
I was able to reproduce this and confirmed some of the behaviour you reported. It shouldn't be possible to destroy the blocks under a mannequin (and similar items), and fixing that will fix the other side-effects. Thanks for the report!

Must have missed this one back when it was first reported. Sorry!
I was able to reproduce this and confirmed some of the behaviour you reported. It shouldn't be possible to destroy the blocks under a mannequin (and similar items), and fixing that will fix the other side-effects. Thanks for the report!

Omg thank you for the reply, glad to know that it's being taken care of! :nursehappy:💜
The experience was a bit upsetting so I hope no one else had to go through that, even though it feels weird being this attached to a vanity set
😆

Back
Top Bottom