Xbox One Cloud game saves

Discussion in 'Console Technical Support' started by schmoopiepoopie, Dec 17, 2015.

1. schmoopiepoopie

schmoopiepoopie Terrarian

I know that we have not been able to bring over saved games from the 360 to the Xbone. But today, I noticed the "RT Download" for game importing from the cloud. I went over to my 360, put the relevant files into the cloud, and attempted downloading them with no luck.

Was that "RT Download" always there and I just haven't noticed it until today, or was the ability to bring our old games over implemented and I am doing it wrong? I am failing somehow, just not sure in what manner. ;)

2. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's a new functionality :) Do you already have saves in the same slots as you're trying to download? Like World 1 slot has a save on 360 but Xbone already has a world saved there?

3. schmoopiepoopie

Yes, is that going to be a problem?

Glad to know it's new and I haven't been that oblivious. ;)

4. Nike Leon

That might be an issue, I know it is for Sony systems.

schmoopiepoopie likes this.
  5. schmoopiepoopie

I just read the post where you helped the PS4 player with this issue. That was helpful. Thank you. My question is this - people typically start new worlds on new installs in slot one, no? So one would think that you can shuffle them around between slots during cloud transfers. Is it really necessary to delete my slot 1 xbone main world to import my slot 1 xbox 360 world?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  6. Nike Leon

Currently that doesn't seem to be possible. Probably because that would make the code that handles saves much more complicated.

7. DorianGrimm

DorianGrimm Terrarian

Well I seem to just be having problems with opening transferred world's on the XbOne yet can still use my old characters [​IMG]

8. Nike Leon

What happens when you try to open them?

9. DorianGrimm

DorianGrimm Terrarian

It gets a quarter of the way through loading and the music and screen glitch/crash.

10. killerassassin

killerassassin Terrarian

I have the same problem as you when the my worlds were transferred

11. DorianGrimm

DorianGrimm Terrarian

Have you managed to sort this problem as I seem to going around in circles

12. killerassassin

killerassassin Terrarian

No, but I have discovered that on a different forum, someone claimed that if you had more than one person on a world before you transferred it would glitch. It could also be the fact that my worlds were generated before the 1.2.4 PL equivalent update.

13. Nike Leon

That shouldn't be a problem... but could be.
    [Edited]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016