Mobile Cloud save issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argoosta

Terrarian
I am getting sick and tired of your sh*t 505, for weeks now, I have been neglecting your game because since the first release date, your god damn piece of :red: cloud save feature didn't work. I would get a week, tops out of it, before it would crop out and not recognize it. The files are still in my drive, ALL THIRTY :red:ING DIFFRENT CHARACTERS. I was all hyped for the thanks giving turkey thing, and then as soon as I start making progress, I quit to switch worlds, next thing I know my world, and character were gone. I want this fixed in time for thanks giving, or I want a refund. Got it?

(I apologize for the vulgar nature of this post, I am just furious.)

I am getting sick and tired of your sh*t 505, for weeks now, I have been neglecting your game because since the first release date, your god damn piece of :red: cloud save feature didn't work. I would get a week, tops out of it, before it would crop out and not recognize it. The files are still in my drive, ALL THIRTY :red:ING DIFFRENT CHARACTERS. I was all hyped for the thanks giving turkey thing, and then as soon as I start making progress, I quit to switch worlds, next thing I know my world, and character were gone. I want this fixed in time for thanks giving, or I want a refund. Got it?

This is also a huge issue for me and extremely frustrating, I love the game but this is absurd.
Android 4.4.4
Files still in drive
Not appearing in game

My cloud save character and world (the only ones I have) are both suddenly gone today. I had been successfully playing on them for weeks and had done all the content and was just logging in to see the Thanksgiving update and the second time I loaded Terraria on my Android device since the update everything was gone. Is there anyway to get this back? Why bother calling it a cloud save if it can be deleted because of a bug and without confirmations and fail-safe backups? This seems like a poorly thought out implementation.

My cloud save character and world (the only ones I have) are both suddenly gone today. I had been successfully playing on them for weeks and had done all the content and was just logging in to see the Thanksgiving update and the second time I loaded Terraria on my Android device since the update everything was gone. Is there anyway to get this back? Why bother calling it a cloud save if it can be deleted because of a bug and without confirmations and fail-safe backups? This seems like a poorly thought out implementation.
EXACTLY! And the worst part is there are dozens of complaints, and they refuse to even respond! I am outraged!

I gotta admit it was a real bummer when I lost my character the first time.. But it was OK because I had some left over armor that I got to give to my new character... But now that my second character disappeared.. Its really
turning e off from playing this game at all in all I have list three characters. And one world. The game files are there in my google drive but how do I bring them back into thee game?

Guys I think I have a way to bring your games back if they are in your drive still... I'm working on a full cloud fix but it's gonna be a minute... I will confirm later this evening if my solution works.

This is still an issue, I found this thread when looking for a way to fix it. I'm running Android 4.4.4.
I had built a massive warehouse on a cloud world and moved all of my items to it, then it vanished in-game, but the files are still on my Google drive.

This past was made in November and it's now January. I purchased this game, still have my cloud save files in the folder but still the game is broken and says my characters and world are not there.

We should ask Google for a refund due to the fact the game is broken and the developers continue to ignore it

same here, my local file crashed because of "the file was made in a new version", now my cloud save character is gone.... wtf!

Thanks let me know if you have issues

I can certainly identify with the posters above - having lost both of my characters in the past couple of weeks. My world is still there, but it's very frustrating as the guy that's disappeared was wearing all the decent stuff!!!!

Anyway, this program looks great, thanks. I think I've done everything right - and found the files in my downloads folder. Haven't had any need to restore from them yet but they are on my hard drive so that seems great.

The other thing is that the guy that has disappeared from the cloud save still shows up if I browse the folder on Google drive, but he doesn't appear on your app - is he gone forever or is there a way to bring him back from the dead?

Last edited:
it is now May 21st and i have just lost my mage, Jie. im really pissed because she had extremely rare items that i worked hours for.
not to mention max health and mana.

fix yourselves, 505.

June 7th, having issues with cloud saves, both world and character. I'm getting differences between my gf's log in and mine when connecting to the world cloud save. Log out to see if it fixes just to find that her character is gone. She had done valuable materials on her character. Very, very frustrated with this.

Still having issues huh 505, or codesglue? I wonder if they even read these forums. We all need to start annoying the :red: out of them and send emails.

I accidentally chose the cloud save world rather than my local save, the local save was the one I wanted because it had all my stuff in it, the cloud save one was the version of the world that was automatically backed up to my iCloud just after the creation of my world, not knowing what the option in terrarium meant, I chose cloud save and I am back to where I had started, can someone help me?
[DOUBLEPOST=1433883616,1433883505][/DOUBLEPOST]*Terraria

i found that if you went into Google Drive / Terraria there was the file but it was 0B, if you 'manage versions' you could delete the oldest version (make the previous version the new current) it could work. worked for me for the last dozen times to restore my character... but today it happened and now it's not working.

What is going on with this ... Again my son used exit to main menu and his character vanished.

For the second time my son's iphone has deleted his flipping character. I can not handle the heartbreak of hearing my 7 year old crying over this. You guys need to get you software locked up. We have seen anything from stuff disappearing out of chests and characters vanishing twice. The dumbest past is we can see the character but it says create a character. Fix your stuff

Just lost my saved game. This was after running the update to the lastest version. Really sucks.
Is there a fix???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom