Mobile Cloud save issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went through the entire f***ing forum on this topic and not a single solution.

:mad:

What the actual f***, 505? I used to love this game on mobile. Now, my cloud save profiles and worlds have vanished and everything went to sh*t.

Ugh, ended up losing all my progress especially butthurt because I was gonna fight Plantera... All that progress is stuck on my Google Drive unless I root my phone (to get to the data folder) and lose my phone's warranty... This is really pissing me off, I thought this wouldn't be a problem for 505... I tried working around that and simply moving my old save files to the new Terraria folder (on my Google Drive) but even though I cleared Terraria on my phone it still wouldn't read the file...

Basically unless 505 gets their act together and fixes this really, really frustrating bug the only choice is to root my phone..... :mad::sigh:;(

This is totally BS. My son is crying because this is the *THIRD* time his cloud characters have disappeared. This need stop be fixed.

My son and I lost our world this morning after the new update. It was in cloud save, so I'm hoping it can be recovered. But after reading this thread it seems like that's not going to happen.

Can anyone help?

Matt
iPhone 6s

After being super excited for the update, I'm now rather bummed out about it. I lost my character, but not my world luckily.... and I can't seem to get cloud saved characters to last through a game reboot. Like everyone else my files still show up in google drive.
[DOUBLEPOST=1449772067,1449771537][/DOUBLEPOST]PS I got the character to open once.... it gave me the fishingrod and bug net and such then moments later it crashed and hasn't opened since.... created a new character and played around a bit... died a few times... new character hardmode world not the best combo. Had to go to work came back and then neither of those characters showed in the in game menu. Check google drive they are all still there.... what's up? Is there anyway to restore my character which had a full inventory of loot? I maxed out my character before the update I was excited to try new stuff... now I have to sludge through the same process again?
[DOUBLEPOST=1449772365][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and I was playing via the demo free download before with the in-app purchase for $5 and had to buy the other app to be able to play for some reason. So I've bought the game twice now... feeling pretty cheated.

I asked 505 for help on this, and they responded with the suggestion below. It came from another user, and it hasn't worked for me but I thought I'd post it here in case it might work for anyone on here

(1) Use Cloud character on local world. (The world was created in 11212; the Cloud character existed before that version, and is the first character in the list of cloud characters. If it matters.)
(2) Play for a while, and then use the menu to exit the world. The application may crash.
(3) Restart the application. Play -> Cloud Save
-- You will get: "iCloud is still retrieving cloud data. Please try again."
-- If you keep trying for long enough, it will give you the normal screen to choose your character, but they're all blank. The cloud-saved characters seem gone.
(4) Cancel that option, and choose a local character. Now, for the world, if you choose Start Game -> Cloud Save you'll discover that your Cloud-saved world should be here.
(5) So if you keeping going back in the menu to the character-selection screen, the "Cloud Save" option will boot up, and the cloud-saved characters should be back.

Hey guys wassup,im having the same problem...after the update i lost my icloud save...already sended like 4 emails to 505 games,they replied just 2...the first one was like macadam0 said,the instructions...and after doing all of them,nothing happen....in the second email,they said that all the issues and stuff would be fixed till today or tomorrow ...
image.jpg

My android cloud character vanished I am super angry and I now have a hard mode world with no hard mode characters HELP ME I WANT MY CHARACTER BACK!

Recovering broken cloudsaves still works like others have posted, though you may need to restore a previous version in Google Drive (I don't know how to fix on iOS). Simply right click your world or character file in drive, click manage versions, and deleted the most recent version of the file. It should restore the previous non broken version. I did run into an issue where i had to delete the 4 most recent versions of my character file until I found one that worked. Honestly its best to just use local saves. Cloud saves seems to have a lot of issues.

is this going to be fixed? I created the character, played for a while, exited to main menu and quit the app. One hour later started the game and my cloud save character was missing. This has happened several times...

Dont use cloud save anymore..this :red: its all messy!Just create a local character and try to get all back...its not that easy when u need ank shield back and stuff...but by the time,it get really fast!
I lost 3 characters due icloud issue..its terrible

They really need to get their :red:ing act together. You suck 505. You should have done the file system like the pc does! The pc has player.bak and world.bak files, if the player or world file can't load the game instead opens the .bak version. The .bak files are auto stored/updated versions of the save that was last replaced. (Every time the game tries to save instead of just overwriting the last player/world it uses it to update the. Bak then saves the new player/world) or just add a :red:ing file select option in the cloud save screens! And get rid of this god damm root file bull :red:. Most people use cloud bc they run out of save slots due to the 3 save limit.

I have just sent 505 Games a "review" about this telling them to either fix the cloud or refund us all on google play though
[DOUBLEPOST=1455725234,1455725098][/DOUBLEPOST]F*** 505 Games, the can go suck a D***

Hey guys wassup,im having the same problem...after the update i lost my icloud save...already sended like 4 emails to 505 games,they replied just 2...the first one was like macadam0 said,the instructions...and after doing all of them,nothing happen....in the second email,they said that all the issues and stuff would be fixed till today or tomorrow ...View attachment 88284
Hey how did you contact them
[DOUBLEPOST=1456183020,1456182865][/DOUBLEPOST]
I asked 505 for help on this, and they responded with the suggestion below. It came from another user, and it hasn't worked for me but I thought I'd post it here in case it might work for anyone on here

(1) Use Cloud character on local world. (The world was created in 11212; the Cloud character existed before that version, and is the first character in the list of cloud characters. If it matters.)
(2) Play for a while, and then use the menu to exit the world. The application may crash.
(3) Restart the application. Play -> Cloud Save
-- You will get: "iCloud is still retrieving cloud data. Please try again."
-- If you keep trying for long enough, it will give you the normal screen to choose your character, but they're all blank. The cloud-saved characters seem gone.
(4) Cancel that option, and choose a local character. Now, for the world, if you choose Start Game -> Cloud Save you'll discover that your Cloud-saved world should be here.
(5) So if you keeping going back in the menu to the character-selection screen, the "Cloud Save" option will boot up, and the cloud-saved characters should be back.
How did you contact them

I accidentally chose the cloud save world rather than my local save, the local save was the one I wanted because it had all my stuff in it, the cloud save one was the version of the world that was automatically backed up to my iCloud just after the creation of my world, not knowing what the option in terrarium meant, I chose cloud save and I am back to where I had started, can someone help me?
[DOUBLEPOST=1433883616,1433883505][/DOUBLEPOST]*Terraria
I have a question. What do everyone mean by
i found that if you went into Google Drive / Terraria there was the file but it was 0B, if you 'manage versions' you could delete the oldest version (make the previous version the new current) it could work. worked for me for the last dozen times to restore my character... but today it happened and now it's not working.
[doublepost=1458560941][/doublepost]
i found that if you went into Google Drive / Terraria there was the file but it was 0B, if you 'manage versions' you could delete the oldest version (make the previous version the new current) it could work. worked for me for the last dozen times to restore my character... but today it happened and now it's not working.
I have a question. What do u mean by manage versions? How do I do that? Really want the character back. Thanks!

Oh man, is there really no fix I have soo many Items in my cloud save even rare one I almost have the ankh shield one item missing and now I lost every recipe items. . . bummer

I had two save characters and worlds on an old device running 4.4.2 and they didn't save to the cloud. Nor did it on the new kindle fire 5th gen. I couldn't possibly be more pissed off about this than I am now.

My son had a character saved in Cloud Save and how he says it's gone. I believe him when he says he didn't delete it. He's been playing this game for months and had so much progress in that save. Is there any way it can be recovered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom