Mobile Cloud save issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a problem a couple months ago with this, I had 3 cloud save characters and a cloud save world, one day they all vanished. I rooted my phone to go into my files to find at least one character. I found a player and tried putting then into files as local save and it didn't work I changed the -123blahblahblah.cs to .player as the other locals were called and it worked but it wasn't the right character it was a new one with nothing and I could not find my good ones so i have up on this game. Then I tried to play months later, which is now, and the whole ing game was taken off my google play store account. I thought maybe it was refunded which I would have in fact bought another game cuz this was not worth 5$ because 505 and the other companies sucks and should be taken out of control by Re-Logic and they should find companies that will work hard and have customer support idc if it's great or even decent or pretty bad, but any customer support is better than none. Anyways my cloud saved and the game both vanished... Im calling it scam. We haven't even got 1.3 yet and my friend told me it was supposed to be out already is what he heard. After all that BS I downloaded apk off the interwebs and was happily playing again but then my clouds disappeared. I'm over the 5$ scam part as the internet was free so i didn't spend $10 but it still needs to be stressed along with the fact that 505 is lazy and slow on updates, makes many bugs, has horrible customer support, and apparently doesnt know how to make cloud save work, I'm a noob at computer science as i am crappily self taught. But next school year I am taking a class for it so I may have to create an update for myself as identical to computer as i can get. I am now ranting so i will stop. Re-Logic please save all of us, 505 games and other companies need replaced

I had a problem a couple months ago with this, I had 3 cloud save characters and a cloud save world, one day they all vanished. I rooted my phone to go into my files to find at least one character. I found a player and tried putting then into files as local save and it didn't work I changed the -123blahblahblah.cs to .player as the other locals were called and it worked but it wasn't the right character it was a new one with nothing and I could not find my good ones so i have up on this game. Then I tried to play months later, which is now, and the whole ing game was taken off my google play store account. I thought maybe it was refunded which I would have in fact bought another game cuz this was not worth 5$ because 505 and the other companies sucks and should be taken out of control by Re-Logic and they should find companies that will work hard and have customer support idc if it's great or even decent or pretty bad, but any customer support is better than none. Anyways my cloud saved and the game both vanished... Im calling it scam. We haven't even got 1.3 yet and my friend told me it was supposed to be out already is what he heard. After all that BS I downloaded apk off the interwebs and was happily playing again but then my clouds disappeared. I'm over the 5$ scam part as the internet was free so i didn't spend $10 but it still needs to be stressed along with the fact that 505 is lazy and slow on updates, makes many bugs, has horrible customer support, and apparently doesnt know how to make cloud save work, I'm a noob at computer science as i am crappily self taught. But next school year I am taking a class for it so I may have to create an update for myself as identical to computer as i can get. I am now ranting so i will stop. Re-Logic please save all of us, 505 games and other companies need replaced

Your friend is an uninformed liar, 1.3 isn't even rumored to be released on mobile and probably won't be for a while.

There were problems with people who bought the game a while back, I think (if I'm not mistaken), it may have been the people who bought the full version through the free version. Take that with a grain of salt though. But I definitely do know it was a big problem a while back. Just email 505 with a copy of the receipt that was sent to your Gmail connected to your Google Play account.

505 has also said that a better cloud to local and vice versa save system is coming sometime at the end of this month, but you know how they are with updates.

:mad::mad:pardon my spelling. this happened to me to. I was at the title screen and i pressed the everyplay video button and nothing happend. 'Whatever". I press the play button, then cloud save, and there was nothing there. I had a Terra Blade and a legendairy scourge of the corrupter and a hoverboard. I also had turtle armor. i had the latest version. im tires of this bull:red: 505:mad::mad:
:redmunch:

Your friend is an uninformed liar, 1.3 isn't even rumored to be released on mobile and probably won't be for a while.
There were problems with people who bought the game a while back, I think (if
I'm not mistaken), it may have been the people who bought the full version through the free version. Take that with a grain of
salt though. But I definitely do know it was
a big problem a while back. Just email 505 with a copy of the receipt that was sent to
your Gmail connected to your Google Play
account.

Thank you, you have rested my angry little soul, but I'm giving up on terraria for right now though. Hopefully 1.3 will be coming out soon though. I really want them to have hide accessories and dyes for wings.
505 has also said that a better cloud to local and vice versa save system is coming sometime at the end of this month, but you know how they are with updates.

Great news! Now you can do backup without rooting your device!!! (8-Jun-2016)
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ws-windows-phone-fix-incoming-and-more.44431/
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Steampunk_Boiler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobile Android Google Play Version: 11977
Devices: Redmi Note (rooted) -> Redmi Note 2 (rooted)
Date: 6-Jun-2016

I have a story to tell:-
Just recovered a lost cloud world save from my Android Google Play Terraria.
  • The mobile 'cloud world/character' can be play even you are in airplane mode. (means no internet).
  • There are 4 copies of save files in the game. (for cloud save).
  • You will need to root your mobile device in order to get back the previous save. (No chance for unrooted device as far as I can tell. I'll explain).

Here is why:-
1) Start a cloud world. I'll name it "C World 1". Immediately there will be 4 copies of the world.
i) in your Android Phone Memory. (Need restart your phone to clear. Caches or whatever that I can't figure it out).
ii) in your Android rooted folder Home\#\data\data\Com.And.Games505.TerrariaPaid\files (Appear as "C World 1.csworld (2.3MB))
iii) in your Android rooted folder Home\#\data\data\Com.And.Games505.TerrariaPaid\files\google_drive (Appear as "C World 1.csworld" (1.5MB) + A Meta file "C World 1.csworldmeta (13 Bytes))
iv) in your Internet Online Google Account \\Google Drive\Terraria\ (Appear as C World 1.csworld (1.5MB))​

2) Are there 2 way communication of the cloud save file? The answer is: not really.
i) refer to A), you can play the cloud save game in airplane mode.
ii) if you delete the Internet Online Google Account \\Google Drive\Terraria\ (2 things might happen, the game will crash due to unable-to-update the save file or new save file appear in google drive. It depends if you sign-in/out of the G+ in your phone Terraria main menu and the state of your game world are for update or newly generated).
ii) The game will Not retrive save prograss from your Online Google Drive.
iii) It only sync 1 way from [your-phone] to [your-Online-Google-Drive], not the other way round. If sync not found, game crash.​

3) The Sign-in G+ at the start up screen in game. Its very important!!! it clear the game/phone memory/copy of your game save files. How is this happend?
i) If you do not Sign-out from the G+, it will generate a copy of world save in (1.ii) and (1.iii). Even you manually delete it using root access file explorer [example:FX File Explorer]​

4) Your original .csworld do have a name_save inside the file coding. Means if you change the filename in (1.ii) it will still be back to its original name.

5) In (1.iv) there are multiple version of the same file name world. You can actually choose which version to download. Hence provide a chance of recovery from a corrupted save file.
0.png 1.png

6) To restore a (1.iv) file to your game. You will have to root your device and follow these steps:-
A) Copy a (1.iv) previous version of the game file. (Refer(5)) Put in your phone extended/removable SD card.

B) Launch your game. Delete the corrupted cloud world.

C) Quit to main menu, sign out G+, sign back in. (If not perform this steps, the corrupted could world will still be there appear as NOT deleted. Remember it keeps a copy of the save in phone memory).

D) Go in game to check on your cloud save, make sure it is gone for good. (If still there, quit your game, restart your phone to 100% sure it is clear.)

E) After it is clear in game. Quit game.

F) Go to (1.iv) make download and delete the world file. (Remember to download multiple version of the particular same world, as it might be save multiple times, and could be bad a few version back.)

G) At (1.iv) empty the bin. (Yes, make sure you download multiple version of the world 1st before you move it to your bin and delete it forever. It still linkable while you move your file location out of Terraria folder in (1.iv)) Yes, you-must-delete the original old file after download various previous version.

(H to M are in offline mode: You phone have no internet connection)

H) Back to phone. Activate airplane mode (Block all internet traffic). Start the game. Sign in G+. (Yes, you can still sign in while offline)

I) Make sure the previous in-game-cloud-save-world are gone. (I have repeated many times) Create a new cloud save world. (same name as previous corrupted world). Go in game, then quit out to main menu, sign out, quit the game to phone interface. Clear it from memory. Or best restart your phone.

J) Open your root explorer. (FX File Explorer (with root extension) work best). Copy a good save from your extended/removable SD card to (1.iii). replace the newly generated .csworld file.

K) Start your game (Still Offline- Airplane mode). Don't Sign-in, and press on the cloud save (It will ask you to connect, then you press to connect). If the game ask which version of the game you want to keep, select the cloud save 'old' version. If the game does not ask you to choose which file to keep. You will have to go back to Step (6.B). Because another copy of the save file already override your just replace good save. And make sure to do phone restart on step (6.I).

L) After choosing the cloud save 'old' version of the file, you should be in the previous good save in-game. Don't celebrate just yet. Before quit the game, and a few more steps to make sure it works. Put a torch or something to indicate changes. Quit the game to main menu.

M) Do not Sign-out your G+. Quit the game to phone interface. Exit all the way. (Game still running in phone memory back-end).

N) Disable Airplane mode (or enable internet connection). Go to (1.iv) to check if your save file appear there. (Using PC or other online media) Make sure the internet connection are good. Launch phone browser to test it. or manually sync your google drive. [At phone disable the sync via wifi only option at Phone Google Drive setting.] The purpose for this is for the game to upload your file to Online Google Drive (as new save file, if old file found, it will crash, as world made un-save-able.)

O) Make 100% sure the save file are in (1.iv) before you launch you game again. Else it will freeze and you will have to start over (6.B). Try sign-in/out of the game main menu to make sure the save file are in (1.iv).

P) I presume that you success on getting your file appear at (1.iv). Then you can launch your game, go to the world and check if the "torch"/indication make is still there.

Q) If everythings is there. Then congratulation. You have your old world back. If not, please start over (6.B).

R) Don't delete the tiny meta files. Its need to be there. And if your (1.iv) got multiple world with the same name, just ignore it. Do not delete. It might render your game file link freeze...)​

Sorry for my bad english. English are not my primary language. If you have any question please pm me. I will answer it as best as I could.

Note: For local save, if your world/character are corrupted, and you did not make a copy of your world/character (which only possible access via rooted devices). Its gone for good. I have try various 'android undeleter', 'file recovery' apps. Its not working.

I have lost my local world in the mid of transferring items to cloud save world, cause I'm changing to a new phone. 50% of my items lost. And I spend 2 days to figure out these steps. Call me stupid, but I'm happy that I can share this info with you and I'm able to get my world back 50%.

Edit: My save are not persistant. It crash after a while. Best option, create a local save, and in game move everything manually to local save.

Last edited:
I would like to point out that o a point cloud saves can actually be recovered on thr google play version, however there is a TIME LIMIT for it. Google dive:find your file in the drive and select it, find the options menu that has a "manage versions" option. Click it and remome the latest files. (I remove a couple off the very top and save the 2nd/3rd as well as which one i make the newest)

This system is a google drive feature that can be exploited to revive the file. However it only holds these past versions for 1 MONTH.

Hello guys, I know this thread is old but I had the same problem just now (my cloud world disappeared). As usual I freaked out but what I did was uninstall Terraria mobile, reinstall, then log back in. I kept switching between local and cloud saves until it magically showed up. Just to share with you all. And good luck retrieving your lost data.

Hello guys, I know this thread is old but I had the same problem just now (my cloud world disappeared). As usual I freaked out but what I did was uninstall Terraria mobile, reinstall, then log back in. I kept switching between local and cloud saves until it magically showed up. Just to share with you all. And good luck retrieving your lost data.
Your issue was just a load issue. It happens randomly. Sometimes it will come back when you go to main menu and back in, other's you have to refresh the ingame cloud. (I can't remember how atm) however most issues posted here are likely corruption of the save which will never load in. (Unless you happen to have the google account cloud where you can rewind it)

Old thread bur happened to me. Here it is 2 years after the creation of this thread and this is still going on. 505... if you can't offer a stable cloud solution just don't offer one at all so people don't loose their work over and over again.... really. Built a while Christmas themed world with my kids. Now I have to tell them when they wake up that a month of game play is gone...

Old thread bur happened to me. Here it is 2 years after the creation of this thread and this is still going on. 505... if you can't offer a stable cloud solution just don't offer one at all so people don't loose their work over and over again.... really. Built a while Christmas themed world with my kids. Now I have to tell them when they wake up that a month of game play is gone...
Android or apple? If you use android you can save the world. (Google drive has a version history you can access on pc, just manage versions of the save file from (google drive) and delete the most recent edit. You may notice b4 deleting anything that the current file has a 0kb file size. It should be about 2mb or so. Takes me 1 or 2 steps back to fix. You'll have to wait around for the game to recheck cloud data tho. (Sry i forgot how to force update cloud) just make sure your in the MANAGE VERSIONS (select file, view more options, click manage versions, popup opens showing all recent edits. I like to find the "save forever option" on the top 2nd and 3rd item then delete the 1st. (You don't get that button on "current version" but they should stay if you tell it to keep them before making them the newest.)

As with many before me, I, too, fell into 505's dastardly trap of poor cloud save management. However, as I did not yet know about the loading error (where it doesn't display the players or worlds, yet they're still there), I deleted the game and reinstalled it, thinking that would fix the issue. Of course, it did not. I still have my GDrive saves, yet being the intellectual that I am, I deleted them and replaced them with the ones I downloaded originally, disintegrating the possibility of reverting to a previous version. The files I still have downloaded seem to be the correct files, however (world ~3mb, character ~700kb). It seems that the only way to fix this issue is to play the game from the beginning, though I was quite far into the game and, of course, it would be quite time consuming. I managed to get the character to show up once, and the world to show up multiple times, but of course I didn't back them up. This is probably the fifth time this has happened.
Why am I not surprised to not see any help from 505 in this thread...?

I am a mobile Terraria player and I am PISSED OFF. After 2 months of grinding and leaving ALL of my belongings on 1 cloud world, it crashes every time I try to open it! Please fix this i'm going to cry soon... I had the Ankh Shield ;(:sigh:

I am a mobile Terraria player and I am PISSED OFF. After 2 months of grinding and leaving ALL of my belongings on 1 cloud world, it crashes every time I try to open it! Please fix this i'm going to cry soon... I had the Ankh Shield ;(:sigh:
If your on the google play you can "manage previous versions" of the file on google drive. You simply delete the latest update. (It's a google drive feature, they save any edit within the last month of all files)
JUST MAKE SURE YOU OPEN THE VERSION HISTORY MANAGER FIRST!

I caught up to where I was by now, not really mad anymore. It happened to another world of mine (this time a non cloud world) recently and at this point, I don't care. Thought I would report the issue.
And no, I play on iOS. My internet might just be crappy. :rolleyes:

I have the same problem! My cloud save character and world vanished! WTF?! How to fix that, please I need help, I'm really mad! `:mad:`:cry:

I have the same problem! My cloud save character and world vanished! WTF?! How to fix that, please I need help, I'm really mad! `:mad:`:cry:

Simple go to your website "cloud save", and reversed it back to previous save version. (If using google drive).

You may search more help on how to revert it back to previous save on other topic here.

Time for my 2 cents worth,
I had this also happen to me, I played the character for about 2 years, keeping it saved on my device, which I then bought a new one, and uploaded my character and my world (WITH THE :red:ING BROKEN CHEST BUG) to the cloud save. And I thought it would be fine but no,in the day week that it took to get a new device, gone. Yay.

This has happened to me too, I saved all of my decent characters and worlds to icloud, and whenever I exit the game they all disappear. I'm getting increasingly annoyed because my best character AND my best world (both had overpowered stuff that took forever for me to find) disappeared after I put them in cloud save. I've been trying everything to get them back and I'm desperate. I paid for this game, I should get good quality stuff, not trash. at this point, I'm furious. I can't get my stuff back. I had a freaking Terrablade on my character, the best armor you could find, and a whole lot more in my world.
I'm playing on an iPhone 5, and yes, Terraria shows up when I go to Icloud in my settings. I've tried turning icloud on and off for Terraria will update on what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom