Mobile Cloud Save Issue

Nothing major here, but I was caught a little off-guard by something that happened yesterday on my main world. I'm also entirely technically inept, so it may be something extremely obvious and stupid haha.

Anyways, before I was about to enter my main world, I took the initiative of 'backing it up' to the cloud to ensure I'd always have it. The next time I left my world and re-accessed the game, my world was indeed in the 'Cloud Save' section, re-assuring me.

However, the second time I left and came back, the world was back in the normal world selection, and the work I'd done to the world had been reset.

Any reason this happened? Am I blatantly missing something?

(Nearly lost The Axe, which I got at LAST :D)

Thanks!

Nothing major here, but I was caught a little off-guard by something that happened yesterday on my main world. I'm also entirely technically inept, so it may be something extremely obvious and stupid haha.

Anyways, before I was about to enter my main world, I took the initiative of 'backing it up' to the cloud to ensure I'd always have it. The next time I left my world and re-accessed the game, my world was indeed in the 'Cloud Save' section, re-assuring me.

However, the second time I left and came back, the world was back in the normal world selection, and the work I'd done to the world had been reset.

Any reason this happened? Am I blatantly missing something?

(Nearly lost The Axe, which I got at LAST :D)

Thanks!
Hi Tomb, the cloud saving on mobile can be finicky. I tend to make a backup to a local slot and a cloud slot just in case. I have seen other members that have trouble with the cloud keeping the save. I'm not sure of the reasons, whether they've run out of cloud space, their connection is bad, if the game had a hiccup, etc.

Thank you @Unit One, really appreciate the help.

So, the changes I'd made while it was saved to the cloud are gone? It's no big deal -- I'm just wondering.

Anyhow, for the moment, I shall keep playing locally, as that's probably my safer bet. There's a reason I play on mobile. I have no idea how to handle technology haha.

Thank you @Unit One, really appreciate the help.

So, the changes I'd made while it was saved to the cloud are gone? It's no big deal -- I'm just wondering.

Anyhow, for the moment, I shall keep playing locally, as that's probably my safer bet. There's a reason I play on mobile. I have no idea how to handle technology haha.
It may not be gone, it may pop up again. But there's no guarantee that it will. I know that's not an ideal answer though. I would recommend backing up to the local and cloud slots often. I also recommend (just in general, not specifically pertaining to your problem) letting the game have a lot of time to complete the save process and to move slowly through menu screens. Too often I've heard of players going in and out of worlds too quickly and then their world or character becomes a corrupt file.

It may not be gone, it may pop up again. But there's no guarantee that it will. I know that's not an ideal answer though. I would recommend backing up to the local and cloud slots often. I also recommend (just in general, not specifically pertaining to your problem) letting the game have a lot of time to complete the save process and to move slowly through menu screens. Too often I've heard of players going in and out of worlds too quickly and then their world or character becomes a corrupt file.
Oh wow, did not know that. Thank you for the warning - duly noted.

As always, your help is much appreciated. I came from some forums for other games I enjoy, and damn is it nice to have such useful and helpful mods.

Appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom