Mobile Cloud save issues on mobile

Lev

Terrarian
So I’ve played Terraria on my IPad Air 2 (now updated to the latest IOS) since the end of 2016 and have always had problems with the cloud save. In 2016, my cloud world did not save any progress that I made and just returned to what it was before the change when I come back (convenient for resource gathering so not much problem). Then, I deleted the game when my main world file was corrupted. I redownloaded the game last year. Since then, my cloud saves have never worked once. I would save my world to the cloud, enter it and next time i come back, the world was gone. I would be happy if this issue was fixed in the next update but is there anything I can do about it now? My main world file was corrupted again and I really don’t want to lose the next one.
Thank you for reading and for helping if you can.

So I’ve played Terraria on my IPad Air 2 (now updated to the latest IOS) since the end of 2016 and have always had problems with the cloud save. In 2016, my cloud world did not save any progress that I made and just returned to what it was before the change when I come back (convenient for resource gathering so not much problem). Then, I deleted the game when my main world file was corrupted. I redownloaded the game last year. Since then, my cloud saves have never worked once. I would save my world to the cloud, enter it and next time i come back, the world was gone. I would be happy if this issue was fixed in the next update but is there anything I can do about it now? My main world file was corrupted again and I really don’t want to lose the next one.
Thank you for reading and for helping if you can.
Hi @Lev, sorry to hear you’re having troubles with the mobile cloud save function. I’ve found it to be somewhat reliable, but not entirely so I use it with caution.

Like you mentioned, hopefully the new update will alleviate some of these issues. You’ll be able to have access to your character files and world files via the Files app that is native to iPhones and iPads, so you can make copies to multiple places, including any cloud storage that you have. There’s no estimate on when the update will release, but you can read more news and info here: Mobile - 505 Games

For the interim, I’m not sure that there’s much you can do. Two things to doublecheck (that you may have already done), make sure your ‘iCloud Drive’ is turned on in Settings, and make sure that you have extra cloud storage available in iCloud.

Beyond that, I’d suggest using the local slots, and making frequent backups - using the instructions for the current version here: Official - Mobile Backup Instructions

Back
Top Bottom