Mobile Cloud save issues

DaLegend9627

Terrarian
Hi. I've been playing terraria for a while and i have 1 cloud save world. When i got a new phone and downloaded terraria again i was able to backup this cloud save world to local but ever since then whenever i try to save a world to the cloud, it just freezes for 30 seconds and then the game crashes. I know its not a space problem because i have 5gb of space available on my phone. I cant even open the cloud save option to see if there are other worlds on cloud save because it also freezes then crashes. I would like to fix this because if i get a new phone all the progress i've made since i originally cloud saved a world will dissapear and ill have to restart with what was originally saved, which, well.......S*cks. I would like to fix this before the 1.3 update for mobile comes out so nothing happens to the progress i've made. Thank you in advance. (Sorry if you cant understand what i said that well)

Hi. I've been playing terraria for a while and i have 1 cloud save world. When i got a new phone and downloaded terraria again i was able to backup this cloud save world to local but ever since then whenever i try to save a world to the cloud, it just freezes for 30 seconds and then the game crashes. I know its not a space problem because i have 5gb of space available on my phone. I cant even open the cloud save option to see if there are other worlds on cloud save because it also freezes then crashes. I would like to fix this because if i get a new phone all the progress i've made since i originally cloud saved a world will dissapear and ill have to restart with what was originally saved, which, well.......S*cks. I would like to fix this before the 1.3 update for mobile comes out so nothing happens to the progress i've made. Thank you in advance. (Sorry if you cant understand what i said that well)
Hi @DaLegend9627, what type of phone are you on?

Im on a samsung j3v however this is the only game on my phone and i have this device running pretty smooth
So you're on Android. Any chance that you are using the Amazon version of the game? Or did you buy it from Google Play?

I bought it from the google play store
Gotcha. I only asked because there is a known cloud issue with the Amazon game running on non-Amazon phones.

I can see your worry. You've got the world and can play on it locally, but without being able to back it up to the cloud you won't have access to it from a different phone.

I don't know your solution off-hand. Normally I'd say reinstall your game and see if that helps, but don't do that, because reinstalling with delete your local saves permanently, and that's what we're trying to save. A couple things that came to mind was are you sure that you have enough storage on the cloud? I know you mentioned you still have 5gb on your phone, but what about your cloud storage? Perhaps it's full and that's why it won't open up to even show you the contents of your cloud saves? Seems unlikely, but it's a thought.

Make double and triple sure that you are signed in to the same cloud account that you first used. Or alternatively, if possible, set up a new cloud account and see if it will allow you to save to cloud then.

What I would recommend strongly is backing up that local save to another local save slot. On a regular basis. Just in case that first slot ever gets corrupted, you'll want at least a more recent backup.

Gotcha. I only asked because there is a known cloud issue with the Amazon game running on non-Amazon phones.

I can see your worry. You've got the world and can play on it locally, but without being able to back it up to the cloud you won't have access to it from a different phone.

I don't know your solution off-hand. Normally I'd say reinstall your game and see if that helps, but don't do that, because reinstalling with delete your local saves permanently, and that's what we're trying to save. A couple things that came to mind was are you sure that you have enough storage on the cloud? I know you mentioned you still have 5gb on your phone, but what about your cloud storage? Perhaps it's full and that's why it won't open up to even show you the contents of your cloud saves? Seems unlikely, but it's a thought.

Make double and triple sure that you are signed in to the same cloud account that you first used. Or alternatively, if possible, set up a new cloud account and see if it will allow you to save to cloud then.

What I would recommend strongly is backing up that local save to another local save slot. On a regular basis. Just in case that first slot ever gets corrupted, you'll want at least a more recent backup.
High i checked everything you said and everything is correct but still isnt working right. This is probably a stupid question but i got a cleaner apparound the same time this problem started. Would the app deleting some of the terraria files affect this if so is there anyway to download the files im missing if im missing any at all?

High i checked everything you said and everything is correct but still isnt working right. This is probably a stupid question but i got a cleaner apparound the same time this problem started. Would the app deleting some of the terraria files affect this if so is there anyway to download the files im missing if im missing any at all?
Well, a reinstall of the game would probably fix any compromised files, but it will also delete the local saves permanently.

Back
Top Bottom