Mobile Cloud save , not worth the money

marianmc221

Terrarian
Okay , maybe i am going to sound really angry in this one , but this thing just kills my nerves.
I tried every single way of contacting someone , except this forum , i sent a ticket , i posted on various forums and ffs... I even sent a message on instagtam and facebook to the terraria team , because this thing is just really annoying , and not the thing i paid for.
So , i saved my world and character in CLOUD ( GOOGLE F.ING DRIVE ) , i had to do a factory reset , on on my phone , i did my backups and all. But ... When i install Terraria again , the cloud files are not there.All good , i waited like 3 days for someone to answer my ticker and still nothing . Now , i saw that the .cs and .csworld files are in my drive account in a Terraria folder.After this i tried everything , i created a new character , that saved in another folder , called Terraria . I even tried moving my original files there but they seem to not apear in the game . I do not understand why this is happening... It is very wierd.Whatever, i hope someone will respond to this because i can't handle this crap anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180625-163138.png
    Screenshot_20180625-163138.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot_20180625-163117.png
    Screenshot_20180625-163117.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 177
Okay , maybe i am going to sound really angry in this one , but this thing just kills my nerves.
I tried every single way of contacting someone , except this forum , i sent a ticket , i posted on various forums and ffs... I even sent a message on instagtam and facebook to the terraria team , because this thing is just really annoying , and not the thing i paid for.
So , i saved my world and character in CLOUD ( GOOGLE F.ING DRIVE ) , i had to do a factory reset , on on my phone , i did my backups and all. But ... When i install Terraria again , the cloud files are not there.All good , i waited like 3 days for someone to answer my ticker and still nothing . Now , i saw that the .cs and .csworld files are in my drive account in a Terraria folder.After this i tried everything , i created a new character , that saved in another folder , called Terraria . I even tried moving my original files there but they seem to not apear in the game . I do not understand why this is happening... It is very wierd.Whatever, i hope someone will respond to this because i can't handle this crap anymore.
That sounds frustrating, I'm sorry you're having trouble.

Here are a few things to try, some of them you may have already tried.

In no particular order...
  • Make sure that you are logged in to the same cloud id. It's something that is simple, but that can be overlooked easily. Just doublecheck.
  • Log out of google drive, then log back in.
  • In the game, go to the screen that should have your cloud save slots, if they aren’t there, go back to the main menu, then go to the cloud screen again. Do this slowly, don’t move fast through the menus. And let it sit on the screen where it should show you your saves for awhile before going back to main menu. Sometimes going back and forth can pop them to come up. But go slowly.
  • And if that doesn’t work, here’s one last thing to try...Please be careful with this option.
    1. Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files.
    2. Select a file, right click and choose View More Options.
    3. And then Manage Versions.
    4. Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file.
    5. Remove the most recent version if it shows 0.0 kb (delete it or move it to your desktop).
    6. If the next most recent version also shows 0.0 kb, remove that as well.
    7. Restart your Terraria on your device, give it plenty of time to find the cloud saves.

• Make sure that you are logged in to the same cloud id. It's something that is simple, but that can be overlooked easily. Just doublecheck.
  • In the game, go to the screen that should have your cloud save slots, if they aren’t there, go back to the main menu, then go to the cloud screen again. Do this slowly, don’t move fast through the menus. And let it sit on the screen where it should show you your saves for awhile before going back to main menu. Sometimes going back and forth can pop them to come up. But go slowly.
  • And if that doesn’t work, here’s one last thing to try...Please be careful with this option.
    1. Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files.
    4. Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file.
    5. Remove the most recent version if it shows 0.0 kb (delete it or move it to your desktop).
    7. Restart your Terraria on your device, give it plenty of time to find the cloud saves.
I will do this right now.

So , i did everything you said,by the way , thank you for the quick response,exept for the last point , and no success. But , i logged in to my google drive from my computer , and it seems that my files are intact , no 0.0kb files (i will upload some screenshots so you can see).Also , there are no old versions of the files.
[doublepost=1529938765,1529938513][/doublepost]

Also , in the "Terraria " cloud folder , there is a "test" character and a "test" map , that i made to see if they appear in the game , and they do , my files are in the exact same folder , but are not seen by the game , wich is really wierd.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    94.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    103.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    98.3 KB · Views: 127
So , i did everything you said,by the way , thank you for the quick response,exept for the last point , and no success. But , i logged in to my google drive from my computer , and it seems that my files are intact , no 0.0kb files (i will upload some screenshots so you can see).Also , there are no old versions of the files.
[doublepost=1529938765,1529938513][/doublepost]
Also , in the "Terraria " cloud folder , there is a "test" character and a "test" map , that i made to see if they appear in the game , and they do , my files are in the exact same folder , but are not seen by the game , wich is really wierd.
That’s a bummer that nothing worked. It sounds like you’ve tried it all and I’m afraid that I’m out of ideas of what to try next.

Is it possible that the new device has a setting somewhere that needs to be flipped? On my iOS devices I needed to make sure that iCloud Drive was enabled on the new iPad and had to turn it on before I could see my cloud saves. Not sure how android works.

That’s a bummer that nothing worked. It sounds like you’ve tried it all and I’m afraid that I’m out of ideas of what to try next.

Is it possible that the new device has a setting somewhere that needs to be flipped? On my iOS devices I needed to make sure that iCloud Drive was enabled on the new iPad and had to turn it on before I could see my cloud saves. Not sure how android works.
It is not a new device , it is the same one , and no , i have acces to the drive and all that , just .. the files DO NOT APPEAR in the game ... Whatever i will wait for another response , who knows, maybe someone will have an ideea of what is going on.
Well , from what i read from other forums , there might be a way , in wich you install the files on the device itself , but it requires root acces , and i am not ok with that. Or maybe i am wrong and you can get there whitout root. Hopefully i can find a fix for this... Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom