Mobile Cloud save

Fisherr

Terrarian
I've gone through 3 different devices with many different worlds and players. The first and most complex on my iPad mini that I created before cloud saving was an option. This had almost every item in the game at the time. Then, I played on my 5c on a cloud saved player and world and got pretty far into the endgame. Now with my Xr those are nowhere to be found. I've watched a few videos on how to recover them from my iCloud files app, but the "OldSaves" file is just empty. This is so sad because I don't want to completely restart for a 3rd time, especially when I was just getting to defeating the endgame bosses. If there's anything you can do PLEASE let me know. I just need to access those cloud saves... Thanks and God bless
A36AFC39-C068-40E9-8AF7-2D2101DE1F81.png

I've gone through 3 different devices with many different worlds and players. The first and most complex on my iPad mini that I created before cloud saving was an option. This had almost every item in the game at the time. Then, I played on my 5c on a cloud saved player and world and got pretty far into the endgame. Now with my Xr those are nowhere to be found. I've watched a few videos on how to recover them from my iCloud files app, but the "OldSaves" file is just empty. This is so sad because I don't want to completely restart for a 3rd time, especially when I was just getting to defeating the endgame bosses. If there's anything you can do PLEASE let me know. I just need to access those cloud saves... Thanks and God blessView attachment 289114
Hi there @Fisherr, welcome to the forums. :)

I’m sorry to say that old iCloud saves are there but inaccessible. This was a decision by the former mobile developer, and the restrictive nature of it may be in part why the new mobile developers, DR Studios, completely overhauled how the save files are treated. Now you’re able to have complete access to the player and world files and can make backups of them, send them to your friends, and share them however you’d like.

The only way that I can think of to get old iCloud saves over to a new device is to 1) go on the old device and within the 1.2 Terraria game, 2) copy/move the iCloud save over to Local saves (as found here as “Cloud to Local backup” Old instructions for 1.2 Terraria (doublecheck that the files are listed on the Local saves menu in the game), then 3) upgrade the old device to have 1.3 Terraria.

Assuming the old device has the Files App, the old iCloud files (that you transferred in-game to be Local) should then be in the OldSaves folder in the Files App, and you can bring them over to whatever device you want.

Back
Top Bottom