Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So there seems to be a problem with cloud saves right now on PC. I was playing earlier today on a world and it was all fine and working, but loading that same world an hour later gave me a "Cannot load world" message. I was confused, tried the load backup method, and that failed. I then took the save offline, and loaded a backup that was so old all my meaningful progress was gone. I was crushed.

However I have a mac, and had recently played terraria on it while on a plane. So when I loaded it, steam asked me if I wanted to overwrite my cloud data or copy it onto my mac. I chose to push my mac data to the cloud, thinking maybe it would have a way to connect to my world in the cloud and I could save it. This somehow worked, and I saved my world on my mac.

I then loaded it up on my PC, and couldn't load the world. I reinstalled the game and deleted my save folders. Upon starting up, the world wasn't even listed in my worlds folder. Loading terraria on my mac shows the world is in the cloud.

I'm not sure what's going on, but something is very very wrong with the cloud on windows 10, and people need to know before they wipe their worlds like I almost dd.

Never use cloud saves
Just copy terraria folder from my games in documents and upload it to any cloud service

Back
Top Bottom