Mobile Cloud world, world not saving.

ArcticFox__

Terrarian
Hi, first off, I'm new to this forum and I couldn't search (I'm on phone atm) and I didn't find this so I'll make a new one.

I have a problem with cloud. If I play on cloud world save, it doesn't save my progress. One day I spend 5-7h on my world and it didn't save anything (well, maybe first 10mins..) except my character. Local save worlds works fine and save before I leave the world.

Also, I can't see cloud characters or worlds on different device. It only worked once when I saved character to cloud like 5 times.

Hi, first off, I'm new to this forum and I couldn't search (I'm on phone atm) and I didn't find this so I'll make a new one.

I have a problem with cloud. If I play on cloud world save, it doesn't save my progress. One day I spend 5-7h on my world and it didn't save anything (well, maybe first 10mins..) except my character. Local save worlds works fine and save before I leave the world.

Also, I can't see cloud characters or worlds on different device. It only worked once when I saved character to cloud like 5 times.
Hi @ArcticFox__, I have seen this happen a bit on my own device. Every once in a while when playing on a cloud save it won't keep the progress that I made. I'm not sure of a solution to it, but here is the way I use a workaround. I play on a local save, and then I copy that local save over the cloud as a backup. The local saves seem to work much better so if I'm playing I always use a local save to make sure the progress is saved.

If you then are on another device, you can take that cloud save, move it to the local spot, play on it, then copy it back to the cloud. It is a bit of a hassle, but it's a workaround that has been working for me.

For the cloud save not showing up on a different device, make sure that you are logged in to the same account and have a good internet connection. If you don't see it on the new device, slowly go out of the game, go back in, and keep doing that to see if the cloud save pops up. Don't go through the menus too fast though, give it time.

They really should fix the cloud save issue. I'd like to play on 2 devices since I hate playing on phone when its charging. And if I somehow lose the phone I usually use, I don't want to lose my game progress because it only saved on local.

They really should fix the cloud save issue. I'd like to play on 2 devices since I hate playing on phone when its charging. And if I somehow lose the phone I usually use, I don't want to lose my game progress because it only saved on local.
Yes, I agree. The good news is that mobile is going to get a huge update that will include rewriting all of the code for better performance, so hopefully the update will take care of a lot of the issues. There is no release date set for the update yet.

Well, I don't care about better performance. I have never really had any issues with performance.
Maybe they should add like manual refresh/download for cloud saves. Maybe that could work better. I don't know how it works now (I know it saves stuff on Drive, but that's about it)

Well, I don't care about better performance. I have never really had any issues with performance.
Maybe they should add like manual refresh/download for cloud saves. Maybe that could work better. I don't know how it works now (I know it saves stuff on Drive, but that's about it)
I mean hopefully better performance all around like cloud saves. :)

It doesn't save at all? Or rolls back a few minutes?

You need to go into the Cloud Save with a good Internet Connection, and "save" by pressing the pause button, and let the loading icon dissappear, also having a good internet connection at the time. I highly reccommend hitting "Resume Game" and waiting another minute or two, and saving again, as I've had it rollback before, even though I waited for the loading icon to go away before exiting.

It doesn't save at all? Or rolls back a few minutes?

You need to go into the Cloud Save with a good Internet Connection, and "save" by pressing the pause button, and let the loading icon dissappear, also having a good internet connection at the time. I highly reccommend hitting "Resume Game" and waiting another minute or two, and saving again, as I've had it rollback before, even though I waited for the loading icon to go away before exiting.
That has nothing to do with why iCloud isn’t saving, it seems to be an iCloud issue that I’m still trying to find out about

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with why iCloud isn’t saving, not sure where that came from.
I'd lost Internet in the middle of the night once, and everything went back to how it was when I had lost connection.

Just checking if it's this, or some other thing.

That seems like something different. iCloud for a lot of people just doesn’t save at all, and remains in the state it was backed up as.

Back
Top Bottom