Story CLST-0X : The Story of Nova

sodapone🌳

Wall of Flesh
I had been toying around with some ideas, and after coming up with a character concept, I realized that it would be best to make this character in a story. This will be my first story to receive regular updates. I hope you'll enjoy it!

CLST-0X

"What's that?" Electrolyte asked.
Celeste was in her work room, staring at a set of blueprints. Her work android Electrolyte had just wandered into the room.
"I've programmed you with too much curiosity, huh?" Celeste said jokingly. "These are blueprints for an antimatter reactor."
"May I take a look?"
"Go right ahead."
Electrolyte walked over and picked up the blueprints. She set them back down after a few seconds, having immediately understood them in seconds.
"Very well done, if I do say so myself!" the android said with a smile.
"Thanks," Celeste replied. "I plan to use this antimatter reactor with my next project. If I can build an android that runs on antimatter instead of cosmic energy, then not only will it have infinite power, but it will have capabilities beyond that of any other being in the universe!"
"With all due respect, mistress Celeste...that's...a very bold claim."
"Just you wait, Electrolyte. You'll see the power of antimatter!"

Command received. Running masterstartup.exe...
masterstartup.exe ran successfully.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in some kind of chamber. There was a blue-haired person in front of me talking to what appeared to be an android.
"...And so the time has come to boot up my latest and greatest creation. I call her...CLST-0X Nova!"
I looked down at my hands. They were completely white, with little seam lines in places. Apparently I was an android too.
"Uh...mistress Celeste, I believe Nova is awake now," the android said, pointing to me. So that woman's name was Celeste...
"Oh," Celeste said. She turned around to face me. "Greetings! I am Celeste, and your name shall be Nova. You are an android powered by antimatter, a limitless resource with extreme energy potential. If I am correct, you are the most powerful android I have ever created!"
"Most...powerful?" I asked.
"Yes," Celeste replied. "Since you are powered by antimatter, I was able to use the most advanced technology to build you, giving you far superior strength and mental capacity."
Suddenly, information began to rush into my head. I suddenly understood what antimatter was, what its potential is, the reactor on my back which harnesses it.
"I see now," I said. "Can I come out now?"
"Oh, yes, right," Celeste said, chuckling sheepishly. She went over and pressed a button, opening the chamber door. I stepped out.

"Is there something you'd like me to do?" I asked cautiously.
"Yes, as a matter of fact, there is," she replied, with a glimmer in her eye. "To test your abilities, I am going to send you to the surface for one week. Take this; I will be monitoring your performance from the observatory."
She handed me a bright blue pickaxe. As soon as I grabbed it I recognized it as a Cobalt Pickaxe.
"Thank you," I said. "I won't let you down!"
I sat at my office chair, watching Nova on the monitor. She had been doing very well thus far; I was quite relieved. To have spent so much time developing that antimatter reactor just to see it go to waste...even the thought infuriates me!
"Mistress Celeste, I suppose you are right," Electrolyte said from behind my shoulder. I turned around to face her.
"What did I tell ya? In just the first three days she's already built her own base, and defeated the Destroyer, Twins, and Skeletron Prime effortlessly!" I replied haughtily.
"She's a real natural, mistress Celeste."
"Yup...could you fetch me a cup of coffee please?" I turned around to face the monitor. Something was wrong; Nova had fallen flat on her face and wasn't moving.
"Certainly," Electrolyte said as she was just about to turn around.
"Hold up," I said, slightly panicked. "Come take a look! Right now!" Nova already gotten back up and was resuming working on her base.
"What is it?" Electrolyte asked. By the time she took a look at the monitor Nova was working as if nothing had happened.
"She...she just collapsed a second ago..."
"Are you sure, mistress Celeste?" Electrolyte said. "She seems to be fine now. Maybe you need that coffee."
"...I could've sworn...alright. I'll have a cup of coffee. I guess it was my imagination..." I said with a sigh. I wish I was actually imagining things though, but at the time I was deprived of sleep just eagerly watching Nova do her work.
A few minutes later, Electrolyte returned with a mug of coffee. She set it down on my desk and gave me a pat on the shoulder. Nova was still working as usual.
"Your coffee, mistress," she said.
"Thanks," I said, picking the mug up and taking a sip.
Error report compiled. Results inconclusive. Restarting system...
I woke up in a bed I didn't recognize. I looked around; I was in a completely unfurnished room. The door was at the corner of the room.
"I thought I was supposed to be on the field; I still have 2 days to go," I thought to myself. "What happened last night?"
I was shocked. I couldn't remember. I was able to remember everything up to this point; I was programmed to. What could have caused me to lose such a huge chunk of memory?
"Do you have any idea how long it took me to build that?! Three months! Three! Months! And I know it's one of your goddamned androids that did it!" I heard an unfamiliar voice shout from outside the room.
"I'm sorry, Soda; I wasn't expecting this to happen. I'm keeping her safely in here--" I heard Celeste's voice say.
"Well she still went and nearly destroyed my home!" the unfamiliar voice screamed.

I got up from my bed and walked to the door, opening it. I stepped out to see Celeste and another young woman with reddish-brown hair, clad in blue and black armour. She suddenly froze and stared at me with a terrified expression. Celeste turned around to see me.
"Who are you?" I asked the unfamiliar person.
"You...you...nearly destroyed my entire house..." she replied, quaking in terror.
"I...I did? When?"
"Last night...you just came...and smashed through the walls of the house...I couldn't stop you, no matter how I tried...I thought I was...going...going to die..." she looked as if she were about to cry.
"...I have no memory of last night," I said with a neutral tone and expression.
"How...how could you not remember?! You backed me into a corner; you were about to stab me with my own sword when you just collapsed!" she screamed, now overwhelmed with panic.
"I don't know how I couldn't remember," I replied. "I am programmed to record all my actions and experiences."
"That's enough, the both of you!" Celeste shouted. "Sodapop, go home."
"But aren't you going to do something about that freak?!" Sodapop screamed.
"Yes, but I can't do anything if you're here and impeding on my work," Celeste said sternly.
"Fine then," Sodapop said, turning around and leaving taking the observatory's surface teleporter in a huff.
"Now then, Nova..." Celeste said, turning around to face me. "Is it true that you have no recollection of last night?"
"Yes," I replied with a sigh. "I can send the error report; it didn't find anything."
"It's fine, I trust you," Celeste said. "For now, let's go to my repair room. There I'll be able to monitor your system processes and find out what's wrong."

We went down into the basement of the observatory, and entered the repair room. There were no windows, but there were fluorescent lights, which Celeste flicked on as she entered. There were various computer systems on each side of the room, and monitors all around. At the end there was an iron slab with restraints on it. I gasped and cringed in shock.
"Oh, that?" Celeste said with a chuckle. "Don't worry; I won't use the restraints...unless I have to..."
"That is not reassuring at all..." I moaned.
"Just go lay down there, alright? I'll figure out what's wrong with you in a second."
I went to lay down on the slab. It was as uncomfortable as I imagined it to be. A bright blue light was shining from the ceiling; it was scanning me. After a few minutes of just lying there, I heard Celeste gasp in horror.
"No...it can't be..." Celeste choked. "All this work...and it's just going to...go to waste..."

Back
Top Bottom