Weapons & Equip Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite brainstorming thread

Have you seen at least one idea listed here that you like?

• Yes!

Votes: 37 97.4%
  • Not yet.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
This is just a place for us to put our ideas about what the Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite set bonuses should be. Because as of now, they're kind of boring, don't you think?

So, in addition to the standard melee speed/ammo conservation/mana cost reduction bonuses, here are my ideas on how to make these three armor sets more interesting to use:

Cobalt
Adrenaline
"Increases strength based on the strength of your enemies"
The four enemies with the highest contact damage values within a certain distance from the player have their damage values added up. The result is divided by 400 (but changed to 1 if the quotient exceeds 1) and multiplied by 20. Damage and movement speed are increased by that percentage. Defense is also increased by that number of points, but the bonus is capped at 20.

Mythril
Vengeance
"Lowers defense of enemies that hit the wearer"
When an enemy deals contact damage to the wearer, its defense is reduced to zero for six seconds. DG is immune, and this only affects individual worm segments.

Adamantite
Resolve
"Picking up hearts strengthens the wearer"
Picking up a heart grants the Resolve buff for 8 seconds, which grants +10% damage and +10 defense.

And how could I forget Hallowed?

Hallowed Mask
Valor
Increases melee damage and speed by up to 20% depending on how low the player's health is.

Hallowed Helmet
Insight
Increases ranged damage and crit in proportion to the distance to the closest enemy to the player. Half a screen's width = 20% damage, 10% crit.

Hallowed Headgear
Focus
Gradually increases magic damage and crit by up to 10%, but the boost is lost upon taking damage. (Devised by SzGamer227 in this thread's TO counterpart.)

Looking forward to hearing what you guys can come up with! I would also strongly encourage giving feedback to other ideas people have shared here.

By the way, I'd recommend looking at SzGamer227's approach before you begin. His approach is quite different from mine, but it's certainly worth mentioning here. Originally his response was to the TO version of this thread, but it grew into its own separate idea.

That being said, let it begin!

Last edited:
I voted yes because of everything, it was unfair for the alternative ores to be awesome and the old ones to suck.

wouldn't resolve be a bit OP because you could just keep on picking up hearts from statues?
what about a cooldown before you can use it again maybe 20 seconds after the effect has run out?

wouldn't resolve be a bit OP because you could just keep on picking up hearts from statues?
what about a cooldown before you can use it again maybe 20 seconds after the effect has run out?
The imbalance lies with Heart Statues, not with the Resolve buff. If you want to solve the problem, address the Statues.

I think you got the math wrong with cobalt, as even with the previously mentioned dungeon guardians, the highest damage/speed boost you could get is 12%, and it would never go over 2% in normal situations (outside of the holiday moon events, which no one in their right mind would take on with cobalt armor)

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, without dungeon guardians the stat boost would never go over 2%, even when taking on holiday moon events or fighting duke fishron. The stat boost would rarely surpass 1% if you're doing things that sane people might actually do with cobalt armor, so this set bonus would be pretty much pointless as it currently is.
@Baconfry, you should probably fix this...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom