• Buff Cobalt

• Buff Palladium

• Nerf Cobalt

• Nerf Palladium

• Stays the Same

Results are only viewable after voting.

Everybody

Terrarian
This is apart of my Item vs. Item thread list (which is growing, and relies on you! Your opinion is wanted). Cobalt is worse than Palladium, because of Palladium's ability. But, what I was wondering whether the Stats on Cobalt is worse too. Let's find this out!

Cobalt

Cobalt_armor_Helmet.png
Helmet:

26 Armor
+27% Melee Speed
+17% Movement Speed
+3% Critical Strike Chance

Cobalt_armor_Mask.png
Mask:
19 Defense
+10% Ranged Damage
+10% Movement Speed
+9% Ranged Critical Strike Chance
+20% Chance not to Consume Ammo

Cobalt_armor_Hat.png
Hat:
17 Armor
+40 Max Mana
12% Increased Magic Critical Strike Chance
+10% Movement Speed
-14% Mana Usage

Palladium_armor.png
Palladium

Mask:
32 Armor
+13% Melee Damage
+12% Melee Speed
+3% Critical Strike Chance
Regenerate 15 Health over 5 seconds when you hit an enemy

Helmet:
23 Armor
+14% Ranged Damage
+12% Ranged Critical Strike Chance

Headgear:
21 Armor
+12% Magic Damage
+10% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+60 Max Mana

With all this in mind, does Cobalt need a buff in order to put it on par with Palladium? Or should it stay slightly weaker? I personally don't like Palladium being stronger than Cobalt in many ways. What I'm suggesting is a buff to Cobalt in stats, or a new ability which could increase all types of speed, or an ability which has nothing to do with stats, like the Palladium, Orichalcum and Titanium Armors.

Last edited:
When people see a problem and see two ways in which it can be solved, one of which involves a simple tweak in numbers, and the other introducing an interesting new mechanic, guess which one they'll pick. Every single time.

I never said anything about numbers and a new mechanic. I don't mind them buffing Cobalt with Numbers, also, that post is kind of irrelevant.

Ignore the credit claimers.

Anyway, if you're asking us our opinion, this seems better fit for general terraria discussion than a suggestion thread.

i'll say nerf palladium
if you buff cobalt, you should also buff mythril, which makes every armor too strong, which makes the game too unbalanced

you can easily buff every 1.1 armor because it's weaker than the 1.2 counterpart. i'll rather say that the 1.2 will be a little bit weaker

Why should the 1.2 Armors be a little weaker (I sort of agree though). One of the following should apply:
  • 1.1 Armors are Stat-Wise Stronger than 1.2 Armors, but do not have Special Abilities
  • 1.1 Armors have special abilities and are equal
  • 1.1 Armors have abilities and are stronger

IMO Palladium is better than Adamantite even. I have a couple of ideas:

Nerf the alts a bit and buff the originals with new, interesting abilities.

or

Remove the alts' abilities and make the abilities accessory items instead.

That would actually work. I like that idea a lot. But how would such accessories be obtained? Can I make a thread based off of that idea? (basically your idea).

That would actually work. I like that idea a lot. But how would such accessories be obtained? Can I make a thread based off of that idea? (basically your idea).
You can go ahead.. it wasn't exactly my idea to begin with. I remember seeing some mod with ore shields and for example the titanium shield gave shadow dodge even if you don't wear titanium armor.

They seem pretty balanced already.

Here is why: palladium has that life regen thing, but cobalt specializes in agility for melee and ability for ranged/magic. Though damage isnt much of a factor with cobalt, it makes up for itself with its other bonuses. Not all armors are going to be damage based, and cobalt is one that isnt.

I know this. Although, I think that they should lower Palladium's stats bonuses because they are (in some cases) better than the Cobalt versions, even though they have special abilities.

I know this. Although, I think that they should lower Palladium's stats bonuses because they are (in some cases) better than the Cobalt versions, even though they have special abilities.
But palladium focuses on DPS rather than the abilities of the user. Palladium specializes in damage/crits, and cobalt specializes in movement/attacking ability, so its kind of hard to even compare them to one another because they are so different.

They seem pretty balanced already.

Here is why: palladium has that life regen thing, but cobalt specializes in agility for melee and ability for ranged/magic. Though damage isnt much of a factor with cobalt, it makes up for itself with its other bonuses. Not all armors are going to be damage based, and cobalt is one that isnt.
Actually, the only thing cobalt has over palladium is a movement speed boost and ammo/mana usage reduction. Palladium is better in every other way, even without the extra healing. Palladium has higher defense, more damage and more critical strikes.

Actually, the only thing cobalt has over palladium is a movement speed boost and ammo/mana usage reduction. Palladium is better in every other way, even without the extra healing. Palladium has higher defense, more damage and more critical strikes.
Exactly what i said in my last post. Cobalt is better in movement and attacking ability, and palladium is better in attack/defense. It balances out. Without palladium's regen bonus, cobalt would actually be better; attack speed and movement speed gives much more of an offensive edge that pure power.

Back
Top Bottom