Weapons & Equip Cobalt vs. Palladium

What should happen?

• Buff Cobalt

• Buff Palladium

• Nerf Cobalt

• Nerf Palladium

• Stays the Same

Results are only viewable after voting.
First of all my favorite accessory mod is violent. Second, melee speed increases DPS greatly. Third, movement speed can make dodging much easier.

However, like i said before, nobody ever gets my points, so agree to disagree. I personally prefer cobalt.
Raw damage and crits also boost DPS.

The DPS of a cobalt sword with cobalt armor is about 70. For Palladium armor with cobalt sword, the DPS is 73. This is against a possessed armor with -14 damage defense. The problem with going for melee speed over damage is that you have attacks more effected by defense. Palladium's extra damage does 24 damage each hit with cobalt dealing about 20. Three less damage a second isn't that big of a difference (for the DPS).. but palladium also takes about 3 less damage as well as heals back 15 every 5 seconds.

The only real reason to prefer cobalt over palladium is for looks, as cobalt only has a higher DPS if you're fighting something like green slimes.. but both kill them in the same amount of hits.

Melee Speed is an amazing attribute. +27% Melee Speed is amazing! It causes Paladin's Hammer Use Time go from 14 to 10.5. Not much of a change, but still a change.
[DOUBLEPOST=1415136443][/DOUBLEPOST]Palladium's raw stats (and defense) are actually great. Just slightly lower than Cobalt. And even better in some ways.
It doesn't change the use time of the hammer, it changes the range. By that point the player would be better off with hallowed armor anyway

Cobalt's a terrible idea, I tried the Destroyer while wearing it and I got wrecked even with full buffs on. Granted, I had no wings, but still, Cobalt's undeniably inferior.

Personally, I don't think a pure stat change is the way to do it.

Cobalt's a terrible idea, I tried the Destroyer while wearing it and I got wrecked even with full buffs on. Granted, I had no wings, but still, Cobalt's undeniably inferior.

Personally, I don't think a pure stat change is the way to do it.
I got wrecked by Destroyer, too, but I was in adamantite armor. Fought it with palladium and the fight was a breeze.

EDIT: Adamantite has 23 damage negation and Palladium has -16. Seven more damage taken if using palladium, but 15 HP gained every 5 seconds.. so this is why it is superior for bossing.. which isn't right. Well, shouldn't be right.

I used Cobalt vs. Destroyer and it went fine. Cobalt Sword + Destroyer + Violent Prefix + More Attack Speed = Wreckage!

The issue isn't how effective it is on its own, but how effective it is compared to its alternate. They should be equal, or as equal they can get. Cobalt or Palladium armor, by the way?

Also, Destroyer is weak to pretty much any sword. Light's Bane was enough for me to shred it up, not because of my skill but just because Destroyer is allergic to swords.

i get what your trying to say. But i dont think palladium being stronger is bad. It doesnt change how you play all that much. If you dont like the way they made it stronger then dont use it. Besides. Alt ores are not exactly easy to get to spawn. if you disagree with me ok. Im just saying

I get what people are trying to say about making both of them equal, but just remember that Cobalt was awful in 1.1 too.

Cobalt wasn't awful in 1.1 if you liked Melee Speed/Movement Speed. But, those are only really important for Swords, so point taken.

This is apart of my Item vs. Item thread list (which is growing, and relies on you! Your opinion is wanted). Cobalt is worse than Palladium, because of Palladium's ability. But, what I was wondering whether the Stats on Cobalt is worse too. Let's find this out!

Cobalt

View attachment 8802 Helmet:
26 Armor
+27% Melee Speed
+17% Movement Speed
+3% Critical Strike Chance

View attachment 8804 Mask:
19 Defense
+10% Ranged Damage
+10% Movement Speed
+9% Ranged Critical Strike Chance
+20% Chance not to Consume Ammo

View attachment 8805
Hat:
17 Armor
+40 Max Mana
12% Increased Magic Critical Strike Chance
+10% Movement Speed
-14% Mana Usage

View attachment 8806 Palladium

Mask:
32 Armor
+13% Melee Damage
+12% Melee Speed
+3% Critical Strike Chance
Regenerate 15 Health over 5 seconds when you hit an enemy

Helmet:
23 Armor
+14% Ranged Damage
+12% Ranged Critical Strike Chance

Headgear:
21 Armor
+12% Magic Damage
+10% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+60 Max Mana

With all this in mind, does Cobalt need a buff in order to put it on par with Palladium? Or should it stay slightly weaker? I personally don't like Palladium being stronger than Cobalt in many ways. What I'm suggesting is a buff to Cobalt in stats, or a new ability which could increase all types of speed, or an ability which has nothing to do with stats, like the Palladium, Orichalcum and Titanium Armors.
i do think cobalt should be buffed a little because you can use paladium for mechs (i did on classic ig im a noob) but cobalt is not very optimal

Back
Top Bottom