Cobweb Farm Help

Mizu

Terrarian
I am not sure where I can place this post so I apologize in advance. So a few years ago before the the 1.4 update, I made a cobweb farm because I thought it was cool to mess around with water and hoiks, and making a somewhat a spider fang farm, I will put the picture of the previous build
1611100082807.png

The red lever deactuates the blocks and the hoik to let the water drop down to cleans the cobweb off from the spider biome wall and reactivating the red lever, hoiks the cobweb towards you. Now the blue switch is there to fill the upper part with water, just enough water for a next use. The dart trap is there as a "automatic mechanism" to turn off the water pump with a teal pressure plate and also I have a 1 second timer where the blue wiere and yellow wire meets as a sign that the mechanism is filled with water. Now I started building the same thing on 1.4, on a drunk world, in a bigger scale. I'll show it here
1611100454668.png

However for some reason the 1 second timer keeps on triggering the water mechanism and I am not sure why is doing that. Maybe I am just stupid and don't see the wiring problem. Did they change the how dart trap works. Please help! FYI The water tank on the right is there because I was planning to hook it up since the farm is larger.

This is guesswork, since images and descriptions are hard to follow.

Seems like in your old design, the delay to turn off the timer was slightly more than two seconds, which is less than dart trap cooldown so it worked.
In new version you scaled things up and new delay is slightly more than 5 seconds. This is more than dart cooldown, so while the first dart is still flying towards teal pressure pad, dart traps becomes active again and next pulse from pump timer sends a 2nd dart flying.
1st dart hits the teal pad, deactivates the pump timer, but the 2nd dart is still flying, and will reactivate the timer after about 3 seconds.

Either block further darts from reaching teal pad by actuating a block in their path after 1st dart has gone through, and deactuate it after teal pad has been hit, or send the pulse to dart trap directly from the lever instead of the timer.

This is guesswork, since images and descriptions are hard to follow.

Seems like in your old design, the delay to turn off the timer was slightly more than two seconds, which is less than dart trap cooldown so it worked.
In new version you scaled things up and new delay is slightly more than 5 seconds. This is more than dart cooldown, so while the first dart is still flying towards teal pressure pad, dart traps becomes active again and next pulse from pump timer sends a 2nd dart flying.
1st dart hits the teal pad, deactivates the pump timer, but the 2nd dart is still flying, and will reactivate the timer after about 3 seconds.

Either block further darts from reaching teal pad by actuating a block in their path after 1st dart has gone through, and deactuate it after teal pad has been hit, or send the pulse to dart trap directly from the lever instead of the timer.

Thank you so much for the help. This is something I did not know about the dart traps.

I don't know why I never thought of an automated web farm, but I love the idea.
There were a post a long time I go I was reading on about making a farm for cobweb and I thought it was a pretty cool idea with using the water mechanics of this game :). With that been said, it is useless, somewhat, unless you are until building and not using tools/mods to get free cobwebs, maybe that's why lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom