Coincidence involving endgame armors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baconfry

Terrarian
Turtles, beetles, mushrooms, and ghosts.

Turtle_armor.png
Beetle_Armor.png
Shroomite_armor.png
Spectre_armor_mask.png

KoopaTroopaGreenL.gif
BuzzyBeetleDL.gif
Goomba.gif
BooDiddlyDLchase.png

I dunno about you guys, but I'm going to guess that this isn't a coincidence.

This is pretty crazy, I seriously now am going to post this to Cenx and ask if it was on purpose.

But aren't Goombas designed after chestnuts rather than mushrooms? Anyways, nice find! Would've never drawn a connection between those.
well, the definition of the Japanese word for goomba is chestnut man, but they are supposed to be mushrooms, except in one mario game I heard they actually are chestnuts with feet and eyes.

I don't really see a connection apart from them all being mario enemies, they weren't introduced in the same game.

Or are these supposed to be the 5 most common enemies? i wouldn't say they are.

So I guess that means it's just a coincidence, nothing more.

well, the definition of the Japanese word for goomba is chestnut man, but they are supposed to be mushrooms, except in one mario game I heard they actually are chestnuts with feet and eyes.
The official wikipedia page for Goombas says that they're designed after chestnuts, I re-checked before submitting my last post.

The official wikipedia page for Goombas says that they're designed after chestnuts, I re-checked before submitting my last post.
Oh yes and everything on Wikipedia is true, totally, undoubtably. Also on the wikipedia page it says this "In Japan Goombahs are called "Kuribō", which is loosely translated as "chestnut person". The word "Goombah" can be derived from the Hungarian word "gomba" meaning "mushroom" or "fungus"."

Oh and here is a contradiction on the page "A shiitake, on which the Goomba is based. The pileus and stipe of the shiitake share similar colours to the Goomba's." So just know you can't trust wikipedia 100%

Oh yes and everything on Wikipedia is true, totally, undoubtably. Also on the wikipedia page it says this "In Japan Goombahs are called "Kuribō", which is loosely translated as "chestnut person". The word "Goombah" can be derived from the Hungarian word "gomba" meaning "mushroom" or "fungus"."

Oh and here is a contradiction on the page "A shiitake, on which the Goomba is based. The pileus and stipe of the shiitake share similar colours to the Goomba's." So just know you can't trust wikipedia 100%
please try to be nicer when commenting on threads. I'm not a mod or anything, but it's not kind to just throw something in someone's face and yell you're wrong.

I just couldn't think of a nicer way to say it, I wasn't intending to be a jerk.
Okay ^_^ often time something we say can sound different to someone else. it's deffinately happened to me before. anyways back on topic, if this isn't on perpose then my name isn't courage ,and it's not!

Giant Tortoises are also sorta based off of Bowser's attack in SMB3 I believe, and Golem (for the beetle husks) is immune to On Fire (buzzy beetles are immune to fire), but this similarity is more likely coincidental. But then.. the mushroom armor turns invisible when you'd think the ghost one should, huh.

...Now I want the ability to slide around in turtle armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom