What is this mod about?
"Coins are Health" is a mod that, put simply, replaces the player's

health with their coins! The more coins you have, the more health
you'll have as well.

Where can I get this mod?
You can get this mod from the following places:

The tModLoader Discord (#mod-browser)
The
absoluteAquarian Mods Discord (#coins-downloads)
Direct Download

Changes
+ Current HP can "overflow" past max HP.
+ Running out of coins in the player's inventory, Piggy Bank, Safe and Defender's Forge will start a countdown. Once this countdown has ended, the player will die. Grabbing coins before then will prevent the player from dying. The countdown lasts for 2 seconds in Softcore, 5 seconds in Mediumcore and 10 seconds in Hardcore.
+ Dying while still having at least one Extra Life will revive the player, give them 50HP and extended invincibility.

+ All monsters, except for bosses, drop more money when killed.
+ Invincibility after being hit is doubled.
+ Pickup range for coins has been increased.

~ The Nurse NPC has been reworked. Instead of healing the player, she will now trade 1 gold 50 silver for an Extra Life. Once the trade has been done, the player will have to wait a few days before getting another one. Speeding up time will NOT reduce the wait time for another Extra Life.
- Positive life regeneration has been completely disabled.
- New and respawning players start with 50 HP. This base max health can be increased by using Life Crystals and Life Fruit. Pre-existing players that have no coins are considered "new" in this regard.
- Picking up Hearts, Candy Apples and Candy Canes give +3 HP instead of +20 HP.

- Items that heal the player, such as the Healing Potion, have their effectiveness reduced by 90%. For example, the Healing Potion would now only heal +10 HP instead of +100 HP.
- All shop items that don't use custom currencies are more expensive.

Known Bugs
- None atm

Changelog
- Reworked how the health modification works internally. Health increases from things like modded Life Fruit and the Lifeforce potion now work properly.
- Nerfed the Coin Magnet's coin pickup range from infinite to 30 tiles
- The Golden Gun now has its statistics listed in its tooltip
- Nerfed the Golden Gun's damage calculations (meaning, it deals less damage now)
- Made the Golden Gun's knockback scale like how its damage scales
- Reduced the Golden Gun's use speed from 38 ticks to 27 ticks
- The Golden Gun now supports "chance to not consume ammo" effects
- Added a new weapon: the
Golden Gatligator. It's an upgrade to the Gatligator which acts like the Golden Gun

- The Golden Gun and Golden Gatligator deal reduced damage when the "chance to not consume ammo" roll succeeds
- fixed a bug from previous versions that ended up reducing the maximum HP of players used with this mod
WARNING: due to the nature of this bug, the "hotfix" will affect ALL players used with this mod enabled, reducing their maximum HP when not using this mod to 100 (This will only be applied once per character though). I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience, but I could not figure out a better alternative.
- made the Coin Gun have a chance to not consume coins based on which type of coin was used as ammo
- fixed the Coin Magnet and Golden Gun having melee hitboxes
- fixed the Golden Gun suddenly increasing in damage when a "Godmode" ability from another mod was activated
- decreased the rate at which the Coin Magnet can damage enemies
- fixed a bug where the player would become invincible if they had too much total money
- fixed a bug where the game would suddenly crash for no reason
- fixed some bugs
- added four new items:
Golden Gun, Gamer's Wallet, Coin Magnet and Emergency Savings.
- fixed pre-existing players dying instantly when entering a world
- fixed a game-breaking bug which caused the player to be unable to die
- fixed mod missing an icon
- initial mod release

Other Information
Videos for this mod and my other mods can be found on my
YouTube channel.

Last edited:
so, essemtially, practically speaking, and figuratively, you buy things with your life...

you broke my fargo run for awhile maybe add some text on the top to say that it can mess stuff up

you broke my fargo run for awhile maybe add some text on the top to say that it can mess stuff up
- Health-increasing items from other mods currently do nothing

This is listed in the mod's description.
Would you mind elaborating on what exactly broke?

Mod updated to v1.0.1.3

WARNING: due to the nature of a bug this version fixes, the "hotfix" will affect ALL players used with this mod enabled, reducing their maximum HP when not using this mod to 100 (This will only be applied once per character though). I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience, but I could not figure out a better alternative.

Back
Top Bottom