tModLoader Colored Damage Types

Pvt Fudgepants

Terrarian
Colored Damage Types

Just updated Colored Damage Types for modloader 1.4! You can find it on steam workshop here:

Colored damage types changes the tooltip and damage text of weapons to be colored, so that it's easier to quickly tell what kind of damage the weapon deals at a glance.

Melee is red, Ranged is green, Magic is blue, Thrown is orange, Summon is pink, Sentry is purple.

Now has cross-mod support! For instructions on how to add your mod's damage type, check out the github:
GitHub - PvtFudgepants/Tmodloader-ColoredDamageText

v1.7.1
-Fixed error where tooltips weren't showing up in newest tmodloader version.
-Added Mod.Call support to allow for other mods to add their own colors/support to this mod.

v1.7.0
-Updated to work with tModLoader 1.4 alpha. Let me know if there are any bugs, especially with the multiplayer as I didn't get to fully test that part.
-The cross-mod support probably will NOT work even after the mods update. I'll need to see how they handle new damage types with the tModLoader changes.

v1.6.0
- Added cross-mod support for Calamity, Redemption, Enigma, DBZ, Battle Rods, and Clicker Class damage types.
- Added toggle to disable damage numbers.
- Added toggle to disable other players damage numbers in multiplayer.

v1.5.0
  • Now works in multiplayer! Test it out and let me know if you run into any problems.
  • Remade the config menu again. Tried to make it a little easier to get through.

v1.4.0
  • Finally got around to adding mod configuration through tmodloader. Old mod config files won't work, so unfortunately you'll need to redo your configs if you had changed anything.

v1.3.0
  • Added support for in game config reloading through Hamstar's Helpers mod.
  • Split Sentries and Summons into 2 separate damage types w/different colors. Sentry damage is colored Purple.
  • Added support for Alchemic damage type from Tremor. Alchemic damage is Dark Pink.

v1.2.0
  • The "True" damage type from Thorium mod is now added. True damage will be colored White/Gray.
  • Adjusted the color of Symphonic damage type to make it stand out from Ranged damage more.
v1.1.1
  • Damage text for Radiant and Symphonic damage types will now properly change color.
  • Known issue: Tooltips on Symphonic weapons do not change color. This will be fixed in a later update. (I need to wait for the Thorium dev to respond to help me out with this)
v1.1.0
  • Defense values on armor/accessories will now be colored this green/gray color.
  • Now also changes the color of the text that shows when you deal damage to match the damage type of the weapon! Note: Some projectile based weapons may show incorrect damage types. This needs to be manually changed for each individual projectile type. Please report any weapons that use incorrect colors. Thorium damage types are not yet supported with this, and will use different colors for Symphonic and Radiant damage until the mod is updated
  • This mod will now create a config file when loaded for the first time. You can use this file to toggle tooltip or damage colorings, and set individual colors for each type! Supports rgb and hex colors!
v1.0.3
  • Now changes the text that pops up when you deal damage to also be colored based on the damage type.
v1.0.2
  • Now works properly with Thorium's flat damage modifying items.
v1.0.1
  • Now supports Symphonic and Radiant damage types from Thorium: Symphonic: Teal, Radiant: Yellow

Screenshots:
damagetext.png cdt-arkhalis.png cdt-platinumbow.png cdt-razorpine.png cdt-summon.png cdt-beenade.png cdt-radiant.png cdt-symphonic.png

I had 2 other mods that I made, but I will NOT be porting them to 1.4, as they're unnecessary with some of the new 1.4 items. Info about them in this spoiler tag:
Melee to Throwing
(Credit to Dark-Assassin for the mod that gave me the idea)
This mod changes all boomerangs, as well as any other melee weapon that acts like a boomerang/thrown weapon into the "Throwing" damage type.
This means that items such as Daybreak, Flying Knife, Possessed Hatchet, Paladin's Hammer, Shadowflame Knife, and Vampire Knives will be switched (Yoyos, flails, etc are NOT changed).
What makes it a little different from the mod I based it off of is that the way I changed the items' damage types means that any mod you install and run alongside this will also have the damage type of similar weapons (boomerangs/melee weapons that are thrown) changed without needing to do anything. I have tested it with Calamity, Spirit, and Crystilium.
Note: Because of the way I implemented this, there may be some unintended changes as well. Let me know if there are any items changed to Throwing that you don't think should be and I will change them.

MeleeToThrowing.png

Minion Crits
This mod makes minions and sentries able to crit enemies like any other weapon.

You can either have the crit chance copy the crit chance of a specific weapon types, use your highest crit chance value, or have it at a flat 10% (but can be manually adjusted by the crit chance multiplier config)

Everything is customizable in the config menu.
v1.1.0
-Added a mod config menu.
-Added option to allow minion crits to gain bonus knockback like other weapons do.
-Added "flat 10% crit chance" option (can be adjusted by crit chance multiplier config)

v1.0.0
-Initial release

MinionCrits.png

Last edited:
Nice mod m8! But I'd like to see other colors for other damage types such as Radiant and Symphonic damage from Thorium. If you talk to them and if they accept, I'll appreciate and use this mod!

When i played with Tremor not so long ago, i noticed it changed the color of the damage tooltip, i really liked it but hated the fact that i had to have Tremor installed to enjoy this feature, so really appreciate this!. Just one thing, could make the colors configurable? that's the only thing this mod lacks imo.

When i played with Tremor not so long ago, i noticed it changed the color of the damage tooltip, i really liked it but hated the fact that i had to have Tremor installed to enjoy this feature, so really appreciate this!. Just one thing, could make the colors configurable? that's the only thing this mod lacks imo.
Ah! I thought it was tremor that had it, but I couldn't really remember. Yeah, that's the exact reason I wanted to make this mod; I really liked the colors but didn't want the rest of the mod.

I'll work on adding a config file next :)

can you make it to where when you hurt an enemy, the damage number thing that flies up and dissapear is that color?

(so... your playing with a friend, your 2 different classes, someone gets a hit for 200, and the number is that persons class/weapon type)

Would it be possible to make the damage numbers in-game the same colours? That way you know how much damage the mage is doing vs the summoner or whatever, and you know when you specifically are hitting a mob when multiple people are attacking.

edit: :red:! Two hours too late on this one.

Nice

Could you make a color typing for Tremor's Alchemy damage too?

can you make it to where when you hurt an enemy, the damage number thing that flies up and dissapear is that color?

(so... your playing with a friend, your 2 different classes, someone gets a hit for 200, and the number is that persons class/weapon type)

I could try. Gonna have to look around and try to figure out how to do this. Since I'm still new at modding it may take a while.​

Of course, it isn't good to ask for my part, but you could make addition for Armor, display green with color Defense? I think it would look very well.
9436799b9abdba789b3f2e4818add6b1.jpg

New update! Adds colored damage text, defense tooltip colors, and a config file to customize everything!

v1.1.0
  • Defense values on armor/accessories will now be colored gray.
  • Now also changes the color of the text that shows when you deal damage to match the damage type of the weapon! Note: Some projectile based weapons may show incorrect damage types. This needs to be manually changed for each individual projectile type. Please report any weapons that use incorrect colors. Thorium damage types are not yet supported with this, and will use different colors for Symphonic and Radiant damage until the mod is updated
  • This mod will now create a config file when loaded for the first time. You can use this file to toggle tooltip or damage colorings, and set individual colors for each type! Supports rgb and hex colors!

New mod added!

Minion Crits

This mod makes minions able to critically hit enemies.
The crit chance used for summoning weapons is, by default, based on your highest crit chance between Melee, Ranged, Magic, and Thrown damage.

Everything is customizable in the config file: The crit chance, the damage type that summon crit chance is based off of, and the crit damage multiplier!
  • "SummonCritChanceMultiplier": Changes how much crit chance summoning weapons use. By default they use 100% of the crit chance used by your chosen type. Changing this to 0.5, for example, would make them use only half of the crit chance value.
  • "SummonCritDamageMultiplier": Changes how much damage your minions will crit for. By default this is 2x damage, which is a normal crit. If you feel this is too strong you could try changing this value to 1.5 to make crits only do 50% bonus damage instead!
  • "SummonCritType": This value lets you decide which crit chance your summoning weapons will use. By default this value is set to 4. These are the possible values:
0: Melee
1: Ranged
2: Magic
3: Thrown
4: Highest out of all damage types
5: Lowest out of all damage types​

New update to Colored Damage Types!

v1.1.1
-Damage text for Radiant and Symphonic damage types will now properly change color.
-Known issue: Tooltips on Symphonic weapons do not change color. This will be fixed in a later update. (I need to wait for the Thorium dev to respond to help me out with this)

Last edited:
From the other posts, RIP Thorium giving you troubles with colored damage mod. It gets worse because there's another problem with it. The Ring gives a flat +4 damage to damage so the item will have like 10 + 4 and that makes it so that it turns off the color.
Taking off The Ring because color > 4 extra damage tbh.

Back
Top Bottom