Comics

MournfulRelic

The Destroyer
I didn't see a thread for this, so I made it.
This is just a general place to discuss comics (Can include comics on the internet). Talk about your favorites, recommend some to others, and so on.
To start off, my favorite comic is Calvin and Hobbes, and I love a new comic I just discovered over on Naver called Bluechair/Owlturd Comics.

Lets see,

Calvin and Hobbes is also one of my favorite Comics alongside Garfield. I grew up with both of them, and still enjoy reading them to this day. Calvin and Hobbes also became even more interesting to me once I learned that they got their names from 2 famous philosophers that had different ideologies.

I also enjoy Peanuts as well. Snoopy is adorable!

Never heard of Bluechair before. What's it like so far?

Lets see,

Calvin and Hobbes is also one of my favorite Comics alongside Garfield. I grew up with both of them, and still enjoy reading them to this day. Calvin and Hobbes also became even more interesting to me once I learned that they got their names from 2 famous philosophers that had different ideologies.

I also enjoy Peanuts as well. Snoopy is adorable!

Never heard of Bluechair before. What's it like so far?
I enjoy Peanuts and Garfield as well. I find Bluechair hilarious and sometimes relatable, and that's why I like it. Here's a link to the comic, and the creator's website:

http://www.webtoons.com/en/comedy/bluechair/list?title_no=199
owlturd.com

I also, for some reason, idolize the author. An example of it would have been my latest status.
Hope you enjoy!

I've never really been into superhero comics, but as a kid I loved reading Conan comics and had a reasonably large collection. The adventures were always fun, interesting, and, unlike so many DC/Marvel comics, straight forward and without a bunch of convoluted nonsense. Other than that, the only comics I read as a kid with any regularity where the various Star Trek lines, though DS9 tended to be my favorites.

Though, without any doubt, my favorite comics of all time are the Sandman series and its related series, which I've recently reread in their entirety. The stories are amazing and far different from the normal comic fare, addressing and based on some intriguing existential concepts and covering what, for the time and to some extent still today, are controversial topics. I highly recommend the core series to anyone and everyone, even people who don't like comics and those, like me, who tend not to like typical superhero based comics.

Back
Top Bottom