Official Community Poll - Removal of Most Likes/Messages Tabs

Should the Most Messages/Most Likes tabs be removed from the Members page?

• YES - I support removal of BOTH of these tabs

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • NO - I want the tabs to remain visible as they are

Votes: 366 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunnel King

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is where you cast your vote for whether to remove the 'Most Messages' and 'Most Likes' tabs from the Members section.

tab removal.png

As seen here.
There are two choices for your vote. They are:
  • YES - I support removal of BOTH of these tabs*
  • NO - I want the tabs to remain visible as they are
The rules of the voting:
  • You may only choose only one of the two options.
  • You may change your vote as many times as you wish until the poll closes.
  • It is against the rules of the forum to make alternate accounts for any reason. If we catch you doing it to try to disrupt this vote, all of your accounts may be permanently closed.
  • In the unlikely event of a tie vote, the tabs will remain as they are.
This poll will close in two weeks, at which time the final totals will be displayed and the decision finalized.

You may use this thread to discuss the options and voice your individual opinions on this subject, but only the results of the poll will matter. All forum rules will apply here - keep the discussion civil and respectful, or you will be removed from the discussion. This thread will be locked at the conclusion of voting.

*Disclaimer: There is not an easy method to remove these tabs, but we have obtained two add-ons that claim to do this. It is possible that the add-ons will not work or even cause problems with forum functionality. If this happens, the staff will use their best judgement to restore forum functionality, even if the result is counter to the vote.

Last edited:
Question: will Most Points stay/be removed regardless of the poll outcome? I understand the primary issue here is the idea that these two specific tabs promote spamming posts and likes, but defaulting to a non-functional tab doesn't make that much sense to me.

Well, YES. I mean, there isn't really any need for it. If you're at the top, what are you actually going to achieve? Another reason why is because it's like putting a spotlight on the "popular gang", when basically everyone knows who they are. Now, I'm not one of those people who hate the popular because, they're popular, I'm not that type of guy. I just see the "Most _____" useless, as it's basically a trophy store of cobwebs: Why is it even there in the first place?

Also, I think you forgot to highlight the even more useless points tab

Question: will Most Points stay/be removed regardless of the poll outcome? I understand the primary issue here is the idea that these two specific tabs promote spamming posts and likes, but defaulting to a non-functional tab doesn't make that much sense to me.
That tab is tied into the trophy system. It does function, but since we don't award trophy points, there aren't any names to display.

In XF 1.5 (what we tried to upgrade to recently), this tab can be turned off, though it is unclear whether doing so would disable trophies altogether, which I doubt would be acceptable to the majority of the community.

That tab is tied into the trophy system. It does function, but since we don't award trophy points, there aren't any names to display.

In XF 1.5 (what we tried to upgrade to recently), this tab can be turned off, though it is unclear whether doing so would disable trophies altogether, which I doubt would be acceptable to the majority of the community.
Well, we barely use the trophy points. Unless it is planned. If not, just remove it. It's pointless. I don't think the forums will cause a riot about it

This may have been mentioned already, but I think it'd be really useful because having these two tabs currently only encourages people to beg for likes and post useless content. This is an issue with alot of websites, however, removing the Like feature entirely could make things easier, however likes are something fun to play around with.

Im for removing them. All it is is a e-peen contest of who posts the most and who gets the most likes, which promotes spamming.
I dont think theres any benefit in keeping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom