Blocks & Decoration Companion Pedestals: Show off your pets!

Companion Pedestal Yes!

• yAYA!!!

Votes: 56 93.3%
  • p!!!!!!!!!! (Maybe)

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Nein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WoRk NeEdEd (eXPLN PLZ)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So, I love collecting pets, mounts, and other summons, but I've always wished there was a way to display ones you've collected without equipping them. So, I introduce to you, Companion Pedestals!

WoodSmall.png
WoodMedium.png
WoodLarge.png

Companion Pedestals are able to display Pets, Light Pets, Minions, Sentries, and Mounts on top of them by placing their summoning items in the frame, which will be displayed as well. Clicking the pedestal again removes the item and summon. This could be used to show off your collection of pets and summons you have gathered throughout the game without only having one out at a time. If a summon has multiple variants of itself (Optic Staff, Pygmy Staff, etc.), a random variant will be chosen to be displayed and can be changed by reinserting the summon item into the frame. Clicking on the pedestal with a dye would cause the summon to take on the respective dye color, and the dye could be removed by clicking the empty pedestal with nothing in your hand. Additionally, Light Pets will emit light while on a pedestal, which could lead to some interesting lighting options.

The Companion Pedestal comes in 3 sizes (small, medium, and large) and has a variant for each furniture set. Each size can hold different summons depending on how large they are. You can tell which size pedestal a summon goes on by a new line in the item's tooltip, "Small/Medium/Large Companion." Companion Pedestals are crafted with 1 Item Frame and 10 (small)/15 (medium)/20 (large) of the respective crafting material depending on the furniture type at a sawmill.

Generic Pedestals.png
Generic Wood

Mahogany Pedestals.png
Mahogany

Shadewood Pedestals.png
Ebonwood

Shadewood Pedestals.png
Shadewood

(Some sprites use palettes from the Calamity Texture Pack)
MORE COMING SOON

COMING SOON

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Divider.png

Support Companion Pedestals!
(New banner in progress!)

Companion Pedestal Banner.png

Copy dis into your signature:
Code:
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/companion-pedestals-show-off-your-pets.58883/#post-1393773"][img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/companion-pedestal-banner-png.207543/[/img][/url]

Last edited:
So would the pedestal look differnet depending on the gen used? Otherwise I would use amethyst every time I craft it (being the cheapest and most common of gems)

So would the pedestal look differnet depending on the gen used? Otherwise I would use amethyst every time I craft it (being the cheapest and most common of gems)

The gem used would not make a difference in the stand color. That could be an interesting concept though. I might see if I could do something like that.

The problem I see with this feature is that endgame or rare items could easily be stolen. Maybe make it so only the person who placed the item in the pedestal can remove it/ destroy the pedestal.

You do make a good point here, but it could be the same for if you put it in a chest or weapon rack/item frame. You could just break it and take it. Good thought though!

Back
Top Bottom