Weapons & Equip Compilation of miscellaneous changes to weapons

Alright, I have no offense against y'all, but the important fact is that we are talking about the Terra Blade you can get before Plantera comparing to something post golem
DPS is not everthing, it is like trying to beat Plantera in its second phase with a Sniper Rifle, Bad Idea, Why?
The tentacles with the biters try to shield Plantera so they absorb the hits, this applies to the wall of flesh as well. Also, I play in Expert so the velocity of the Influx Wave doesn't suit me and lack of pierce drives me insane and the use speed makes me feel like I am using a high power enchanted sword.
Again, I am talking about a sword that can control a solar eclsipe and you get it in early-mid hard mode, as the Influx Wave you obtain close to end game and can't even control a goblin invasion
:DAlso the Terra Blade is my fav color!!!
The Terra Blade is incredibly dependent on RNG to get before fighting the golem. only after defeating the golem can you manually trigger a solar eclipse. Then being the most likely time one would be capable of crafting it. I think it's entirely fair to compare it to the influx waver not just because of that fact, but because they are essentially the same weapon functionality-wise. The Influx waver is sorry to say superior under most if not all circumstances.

I get that you like the Terra Blade, but the time in which you are given a fair opportunity to craft it unfortunately makes it obsolete very fast. The only time it would be remotely useful is anywhere before the golem. and if you manage to get it before the golem makes the game up until that point incredibly easy.

It's overpowered for when you can get it, and underpowered for when you're most expected to get it.

In short, I believe the Terra Blade is in the game's current state is unfortunately one of the most poorly tiered weapons.
Personally I think it should be redone, and made to be post golem only, and on par with the influx waver.
The influx waver is already FAR better against a single target, while the Terra Blade would be better for crowds with insane, maybe even infinite penetration

I think a change to the way you get the Terra Blade would be a good addition to this thread.

All right then, TERRA BALDE IS BETTER!! lel

So There can be a alt attack for spears like a forward thrust or something. Like a joust attack or something with High Knockback and so kind of like a Chutlu Dash but has a high recoil depend on the (Cobalt, Titanium, etc.) tier of the spear

------------------------>

The Terra Blade is incredibly dependent on RNG to get before fighting the golem. only after defeating the golem can you manually trigger a solar eclipse. Then being the most likely time one would be capable of crafting it. I think it's entirely fair to compare it to the influx waver not just because of that fact, but because they are essentially the same weapon functionality-wise. The Influx waver is sorry to say superior under most if not all circumstances.

I get that you like the Terra Blade, but the time in which you are given a fair opportunity to craft it unfortunately makes it obsolete very fast. The only time it would be remotely useful is anywhere before the golem. and if you manage to get it before the golem makes the game up until that point incredibly easy.

It's overpowered for when you can get it, and underpowered for when you're most expected to get it.

In short, I believe the Terra Blade is in the game's current state is unfortunately one of the most poorly tiered weapons.
Personally I think it should be redone, and made to be post golem only, and on par with the influx waver.
The influx waver is already FAR better against a single target, while the Terra Blade would be better for crowds with insane, maybe even infinite penetration

I think a change to the way you get the Terra Blade would be a good addition to this thread.
Dude, what you just said has nothing to do with the argument as we were seeing which is a more powerful sword. All you are doing is supporting my side. Also, the sword is not a walk in the park to get, it is like a walk in the jungle, crimson/corruption, duengon, and hell to get. Also getting the hallowed bars for armor (so you don't get one shot but wield a awsome sword) and enough for a sword then getting 2 broken hero swords from mothon (he is also not easy, especially in Expert which I did and almost died in TWO hits)
Does that explain why now?:redmunch::redspin:
[doublepost=1481856291,1481856145][/doublepost]Also I like your fan art:D
:sigh:Why don't we like the Terra Blade, this was like the first thing I wanted to get in the Hardmode update

Dude, what you just said has nothing to do with the argument as we were seeing which is a more powerful sword. All you are doing is supporting my side.
The argument of which sword is stronger has nothing to do with the actual thread we should be discussing.

Scarecrow's comment said that there should be a change to the Terra Blade, considering the topic I say that seems relevant.

Baconfry, do you ever intend to continue this thread? It seems like you forgot about it :indifferent:
I would, but I don't have much experience with the new weapons, and before I can take them on a test run, I'll have to wait until a version of Terraria comes out that doesn't crash my computer T_T

I would, but I don't have much experience with the new weapons, and before I can take them on a test run, I'll have to wait until a version of Terraria comes out that doesn't crash my computer T_T
Thats a shame. I hope you can get that issue resolved soon!

I've updated and simplified the thread so it reads more like a list. I've also added potential buffs for many, many more weapons, which should increase the viability of certain overlooked weapons and make things more interesting overall.

So, the eye of Cthulhu will be pillar-tiered.
People already use it against the pillars, so my only job is to make sure it’s not better than the Solar Eruption and Terrarian, which even with those changes I don’t think it will be. I mean, we could drop the damage value if it turns out to be too much. The main problem I was trying to solve wasn’t its power, but rather how boring it was to use.

People already use it against the pillars, so my only job is to make sure it’s not better than the Solar Eruption and Terrarian, which even with those changes I don’t think it will be. I mean, we could drop the damage value if it turns out to be too much. The main problem I was trying to solve wasn’t its power, but rather how boring it was to use.
The range of yo-yos allow corporations of manuability as well as high DPS, but with the risk of getting hit due to relatively lackluster range, allowing a special experience, gaving this thing projectile range basically makes it a yo-yo version of the terra blade, but better due to the existence of the yo-yo bag.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom