NPCs & Enemies Complete Flying Dutchman Overhaul - Ghosts, loot, a proper battle, and more!

Most of them are reskins of eachother though. Then again it makes sense that developers create content slower than fans at this point, what incentive do they really have to add more to the game? I wouldn't expect anything major at this point.
the last thing anyone should do is call the devs of their favorite game (or at least a game they enjoy) lazy. that wont end up well for anyone.

the last thing anyone should do is call the devs of their favorite game (or at least a game they enjoy) lazy. that wont end up well for anyone.

I don't like your tone. It's not what I said at all either.

The fact is, Terraria got a lot of development since its release, it's an old game and there are other projects they are working on. I personally wouldn't expect them to push out more major updates just for the heck of it, though I'd be happy if it did happen.

The bulk of the sprites in Terraria are furnitures and other stuff that are common in shape and size across the many materials in the game, so it makes sense that they are reskins generally. That doesn't mean they aren't reskins of eachother.

Most of them are reskins of eachother though. Then again it makes sense that developers create content slower than fans at this point, what incentive do they really have to add more to the game? I wouldn't expect anything major at this point.
Of the 9000+ (not even a joke, there are literally OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!) sprites in Terraria, the only significant group of things left that are close to reskins are the bars. Stone/ore textures, furniture, even the starting-level ore equipment and the textures of the bars themselves have all been gradually resprited so that the amount of recolors is practically zero compared to all the other sprites.

Anyways, the developers have been working on complicated mechanics such as controller support for PC, which is apparently a huge task, so no, it's not even just new random items or enemies they're adding anymore. I imagine that with 1.3.1 supposedly being the mechanics update, we can expect some intricate new wire-based stuff at the very least. Anyways, if they couldn't think of much more to add to the game, they would be done by now, would they? :p

Of the 9000+ (not even a joke, there are literally OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!) sprites in Terraria, the only significant group of things left that are close to reskins are the bars. Stone/ore textures, furniture, even the starting-level ore equipment and the textures of the bars themselves have all been gradually resprited so that the amount of recolors is practically zero compared to all the other sprites.

Anyways, the developers have been working on complicated mechanics such as controller support for PC, which is apparently a huge task, so no, it's not even just new random items or enemies they're adding anymore. I imagine that with 1.3.1 supposedly being the mechanics update, we can expect some intricate new wire-based stuff at the very least. Anyways, if they couldn't think of much more to add to the game, they would be done by now, would they? :p
and besides, even if they cant think of anything, we have the suggestion forum for that.

Uhh what? Where are you getting this "couldn't think of anything to add to the game?"

Seriously you two need to stop putting words in my mouth that don't in any way resemble anything I've said. What I said was that Terraria is a done game and there isn't much incentive, that is, a reason, to add more content to the game. It's a done game. Why they still add more beats me, as a Terraria player I'm not complaining but after 5 years or so there's really no reason not to stop adding new stuff. Of course a new update is on the way and that's great but a major content update is not very likely.

Looking good! I'm gonna have to request for this, as well :p
Incidentally, do you have any kind of spritesheet for the ship mount?

Finally starting to get back into the forum business, and I've finally finished something that I had planned to make a long, long time ago... I guess months of procrastination seems to be the running theme with this suggestion, amirite? :D

Well, say hello the the latest weapon in the Dutchman's loot arsenal:

index.php

The Captain's Regards
'Pirate diplomacy at its finest.'
* Ranged bullet-firing weapon.
* Medium-low bullet spread
* Fires a cannon blast that deals increased damage in a small area every 1.5 seconds while firing.
Damage: 35
Use Time: 7 (8.5 uses/second)
50% chance to not consume ammo

That's right. It's a pre-Lunar Vortex Beater; the Pirate Captains half-machinegun-half-cannon as an item you can wield!

I don't know why I put off spriting the damned thing for so long... but it's here now! :happy:

Finally starting to get back into the forum business, and I've finally finished something that I had planned to make a long, long time ago... I guess months of procrastination seems to be the running theme with this suggestion, amirite? :D

index.php

The Captain's Regards
* Fires a cannon blast that deals increased damage in a small area every 1.5 seconds while firing.

That's right. It's a pre-Lunar Vortex Beater; the Pirate Captains half-machinegun-half-cannon as an item you can wield!

I don't know why I put off spriting the damned thing for so long... but it's here now! :happy:
Back with a bang! Good to see you again :p and amazing add on to the suggestion too.

index.php

The Captain's Regards

Oh man, you're coming back with suggestions? That's great news.

It sounds fun.

I was given permission by @StargazerSammie to promote her suggestion in this thread, so I've added her awesome material suggestion to the Flying Dutchman's loot table. This stuff is used to craft Pirate-ship-themed furniture and vanity items, and has some really good sprites in the original thread.

Click this link to check out her idea and support her thread!
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/dreadwood-a-proper-pirate-furniture-collection.42234/

index.php
index.php

Dreadwood
'Almost guaranteed Curse-Free!'
Drop quantity:
index.php
30-50 (Upon transition from 1st to 2nd form)
index.php
60-100 (Upon being defeated)

Back
Top Bottom