Resolved Completely Blocked from Online?

ZachBail

Terrarian
This is what's happening

Steps I've taken so far:
Tested my psn connection in the consoles network settings
Completely powered down the console
Checked my psn subscription status
Joined a Fall Guys session
Started a psn party and chatted with a friend
Powered down my console and my homes router for 30 seconds
Deleted the miscellaneous files saved for the game
Deleted and re downloaded terreria

Here's a weird thing about it. I even had a friend start shareplay so we just split screen over the net on his console and it gave me the same error on his console trying to join. Its like my ip or gamertag is blacklisted for some reason. Any ideas?

Can you update the game? Cause it seems you aren’t on the latest version
Yeah, I have ps4 pro and it is the latest version I can download. Just says "The installed application is the latest version." When I try to update from the options menu on the ps dashboard

These are the install details

Attachments

• 20201231_174655.jpg
    20201231_174655.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 266
Hmmm in update history does it show anything about quality life improvements? And if you scroll down 1.3.5 Added?
The latest version is from August and its 1.21 on ps4. The equivalent of 1.3.5 was out in November last year. It seems completely up to date. It's a weird one. I have another standard ps4 I'm going to try it on in about 20 minutes. I'll let you know if it was the hardware or account/location related.

I'm going to try to go online with the old save data on the other ps4 first. I know it worked last time I tried. Just in case it has something to do with my character or map saves on my pro.

Just tried on a completely different ps4 and different save data. Same result. Has to be my psn account or location. I'm not sure what else to try.

If you have more than one PS4 on the same network that connects to the Internet through a router performing NAT (sharing a single IPv4 address), then hosting a game won't work. Is that what you are trying to do?

Joining other peoples games on dedicated servers should still work. It's only when you try to host a game on your console that it doesn't work. It has to do with how each console adresses each other. When connecting to the Internet using a shared address, each PS4 tries to perform something called "port forwarding" in order to be able to be reachable to other consoles. Unfortunately each PS4 will try to use the exact same ports, causing trouble for each other. Sony didn't design the system to cope with multiple consoles in the same house.

The only way around this is to ask your ISP if they can enable IPv6 for your connection. It's not impossible that would require updating the firmware in your router (or even replacing it). So they may be reluctant to do that. Their backbone should already support IPv6 though so that's not an excuse for not doing it.

If you have more than one PS4 on the same network that connects to the Internet through a router performing NAT (sharing a single IPv4 address), then hosting a game won't work. Is that what you are trying to do?

Joining other peoples games on dedicated servers should still work. It's only when you try to host a game on your console that it doesn't work. It has to do with how each console adresses each other. When connecting to the Internet using a shared address, each PS4 tries to perform something called "port forwarding" in order to be able to be reachable to other consoles. Unfortunately each PS4 will try to use the exact same ports, causing trouble for each other. Sony didn't design the system to cope with multiple consoles in the same house.

The only way around this is to ask your ISP if they can enable IPv6 for your connection. It's not impossible that would require updating the firmware in your router (or even replacing it). So they may be reluctant to do that. Their backbone should already support IPv6 though so that's not an excuse for not doing it.
I get what you're saying. No, the old ps4 isn't used regularly so it sits on top of the pro. I just moved the cords hookups back and forth. They are never hooked up at the same time. I'm trying to play with a friend in another state. The pros ip is static and I've set up port forwarding on my router for the ps4 last night, no change. I get the same error on a different psn account I have, on a different playstation, Playstation, and with different save data. Literally the only thing I can think of, is that terraria is seeing my public ip and is blocking me for some reason. Everything else works on other games

Definitely something to do with my ISP. I just connect my ps4 to my mobile hotspot and the games multiplayer worked fine. Last night I completely factory reset my router so I'm gonna call them. I'll let you know what I find out

Called my ISP and they're setting me up a static ip for free for a year due to the issue. I tried my phones mobile hotspot and it works with no issue. Hope the static ip works. Won't know for a few days

Hey Zach, I am not sure if this will be helpful to you or not. I was having the same exact issue with multiplayer on the ps4. Last night, it seemed to fix itself after doing a hard power down of my Xfinity router/modem. It worked all last night...however this morning upon trying to launch I continued to have the same error even after several restarts of router/modem. The steps I took to resolve the issue are as follow... :

-Set up a static IP on the PS4 (This may not have actually been the problem, however I manually set up my wifi connection entering all the same information as it automatically uses except for IP address I used 10.0.0.199 instead of 10.0.0.90 which is what it was previously defaulting to.)

-I went into my router settings using my local IP 10.0.0.1 in my URL on my browser, found my PS4 on connected devices, and then changed it from DHCP to Reserved IP, and set the IP to 10.0.0.199 (again this may not have actually been the fix but im including it as I did many things at once instead of testing one by one.

-I discovered in my Routers Firewall Logs that my PS4 had made 21 attempts to connect and was blocked by my Firewall. The only thing that made any sense were my attempt to host multiplayer in Terraria as that's all I've been doing all day. This prompted me to adjust my security settings from low to custom, blocking no ports. It was already low by default with only one port setting selected to be blocked so I unblocked it.

-I enabled a setting called DMZ which unblocks everything for a single specific IP. (This is a bit of a security risk, but I wouldn't be able to say how much) The IP I selected with this setting is the same one I am using for my PS4 manually, 10.0.0.199. Without changing anything else what so ever, you may be able to go to View Connection Status on ps4, look at the IP address its set to. Lets say its 10.0.0.25... Go to your modem/router settings and enable DMZ on that specific IP address. Xfinity gives you the option to do it right from the browser however that did not work for me. I had to go to the actual router/modem settings page and enable the setting there.

I hope some or all of this helps you, good luck!!

Hey Zach, I am not sure if this will be helpful to you or not. I was having the same exact issue with multiplayer on the ps4. Last night, it seemed to fix itself after doing a hard power down of my Xfinity router/modem. It worked all last night...however this morning upon trying to launch I continued to have the same error even after several restarts of router/modem. The steps I took to resolve the issue are as follow... :

-Set up a static IP on the PS4 (This may not have actually been the problem, however I manually set up my wifi connection entering all the same information as it automatically uses except for IP address I used 10.0.0.199 instead of 10.0.0.90 which is what it was previously defaulting to.)

-I went into my router settings using my local IP 10.0.0.1 in my URL on my browser, found my PS4 on connected devices, and then changed it from DHCP to Reserved IP, and set the IP to 10.0.0.199 (again this may not have actually been the fix but im including it as I did many things at once instead of testing one by one.

-I discovered in my Routers Firewall Logs that my PS4 had made 21 attempts to connect and was blocked by my Firewall. The only thing that made any sense were my attempt to host multiplayer in Terraria as that's all I've been doing all day. This prompted me to adjust my security settings from low to custom, blocking no ports. It was already low by default with only one port setting selected to be blocked so I unblocked it.

-I enabled a setting called DMZ which unblocks everything for a single specific IP. (This is a bit of a security risk, but I wouldn't be able to say how much) The IP I selected with this setting is the same one I am using for my PS4 manually, 10.0.0.199. Without changing anything else what so ever, you may be able to go to View Connection Status on ps4, look at the IP address its set to. Lets say its 10.0.0.25... Go to your modem/router settings and enable DMZ on that specific IP address. Xfinity gives you the option to do it right from the browser however that did not work for me. I had to go to the actual router/modem settings page and enable the setting there.

Thank you so much, I'll try that in a few hours. I have to wait till the family is asleep or there is hell to pay if I'm screwing with the internet lol. I did a few of those steps but the firewall and dmz sound promising.

I've set the dedicated ip for my ps4 on the router and manually input the connection on the ps4 already. If I get this solved maybe we'll both find a fix for the future.

I'll let you know

It was the routers firewall. I just disabled it for now. I'll properly port forward once my isp sets up my new static ip but for now I just disabled it. Works just fine. Thank You Aedron

I'd say this is Solved but I still don't know what caused this in the first place. It just became a problem one day. Worked fine for weeks until yesterday. No changes in my network happened that I am aware of. Thanks for all the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom