Items Compound Dye improvements - Better Values and Dye Separation

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Simple enough suggestion: make dyes that are a combination of other dyes more valuable to improve refund value if you end up not liking it. It could look something like this:

Red_Dye.png
Orange_Dye.png
Yellow_Dye.png
Lime_Dye.png
Green_Dye.png
Teal_Dye.png
Cyan_Dye.png
Sky_Blue_Dye.png
Blue_Dye.png
Purple_Dye.png
Violet_Dye.png
Pink_Dye.png
Silver_Dye.png
Black_Dye.png
- Basic Dyes: sell value remains at 20 silver.

Bright_Red_Dye.png
Bright_Orange_Dye.png
Bright_Yellow_Dye.png
Bright_Lime_Dye.png
Bright_Green_Dye.png
Bright_Teal_Dye.png
Bright_Cyan_Dye.png
Bright_Sky_Blue_Dye.png
Bright_Blue_Dye.png
Bright_Purple_Dye.png
Bright_Violet_Dye.png
Bright_Pink_Dye.png
- Bright Dyes: sell for 30 silver.

Red_and_Silver_Dye.png
Orange_and_Silver_Dye.png
Yellow_and_Silver_Dye.png
Lime_and_Silver_Dye.png
Green_and_Silver_Dye.png
Teal_and_Silver_Dye.png
Cyan_and_Silver_Dye.png
Sky_Blue_and_Silver_Dye.png

Blue_and_Silver_Dye.png
Purple_and_Silver_Dye.png
Violet_and_Silver_Dye.png
Pink_and_Silver_Dye.png
Red_and_Black_Dye.png
Orange_and_Black_Dye.png
Yellow_and_Black_Dye.png
Green_and_Black_Dye.png
- Plus Silver/Black Dyes: sell for 40 silver.
Lime_and_Black_Dye.png
Teal_and_Black_Dye.png
Cyan_and_Black_Dye.png
Sky_Blue_and_Black_Dye.png
Blue_and_Black_Dye.png
Purple_and_Black_Dye.png
Violet_and_Black_Dye.png
Pink_and_Black_Dye.png

Flame_Dye.png
Yellow_Gradient_Dye.png
Green_Flame_Dye.png
Cyan_Gradient_Dye.png
Blue_Flame_Dye.png
Violet_Gradient_Dye.png
- Flame/Gradient Dyes: sell for 50 silver.

Flame_and_Black_Dye.png
Green_Flame_and_Black_Dye.png
Blue_Flame_and_Black_Dye.png
- Flame and Black Dyes: sell for 70 silver.

Intense_Flame_Dye.png
Intense_Blue_Flame_Dye.png
Intense_Green_Flame_Dye.png
- Intense Flame Dyes: sell for 1 gold.

Rainbow_Dye.png
- Rainbow Dye: sells for 1 gold, 25 silver.

Intense_Rainbow_Dye.png
- Intense Rainbow Dye: sells for 2 gold, 50 silver.

In addition, the Dye Trade should have a new function: Dye Separation. You can place a compound dye item into a slot in his UI (just like placing in item to reforge at the Goblin Tinkerer) and pay 20 Silver to separate the Dyes back into it's components, undoing the last step you made in crafting. That way, once you've earned a Dye by finding it's ingredient, it's possible to avoid wasting them on an unappealing Dye combination, or you can simply pay to switch up your colors and try something new.

That's it for the suggestion. Feedback is appreciated! Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think.

Dye separation similar to this?

Because of the easy potential with reverting dyes, I'd like to make a simple 'payment' required for reverting. What if you have the option to recycle dyes into an item that is required in the recipe for reverting (I'm terrible with names, by the way, so I'll just leave that for now)? Let me present an example:

(Recycled dye) + Flame dye = Yellow dye + Orange dye + Red dye.

Every plant (when recycled through the Dye Vat) will convert to the same substance and the same quantity (1). And the process will have to be repeated every time you decide to revert a dye. In this case, it will still give all of those Yellow Marigolds and Blue Berries a never-ending purpose and doesn't really require good luck as you can find the common ones hanging around commonly through exploration.

I think my idea is better simply because this kind of reverting is pretty easy to implement, if not a little tedious at first. Then again, your idea doesn't sound like a mighty task either.

Dye separation similar to this?

I think my idea is better simply because this kind of reverting is pretty easy to implement, if not a little tedious at first. Then again, your idea doesn't sound like a mighty task either.
I don't even understand exactly how yours works... :confused:

Anyways, I like mine better because it gives the Dye Trader a reason to exist beyond visiting him just once or twice.

I don't even understand exactly how yours works... :confused:

Anyways, I like mine better because it gives the Dye Trader a reason to exist beyond visiting him just once or twice.

I must have snipped too much off. Put simply, you can craft any raw dye plant (yellow marigold, blue berries) into recycled material and then use that material to 'un'-craft the dyes back to its predecessor. It's simply crafting with the word 'reverted' wrapped around it.

As for your second line, I could say the same for a lot of NPC's.

I'm just going around looking at old suggestions, and I thought I'd bring this one back. The price thing makes sense, but the part I really like is the dye separation thing. The would be very handy when you want to try out mixed dyes, but when you don't like it there's no going back.

Back
Top Bottom