tModLoader Compressed Potions

doomday83

Terrarian
This mod aims to take all those potions that clutter up your inventory and compress them down into a variant that will provide the same buff, but infinitely!

This mod currently adds an infinite variant of almost every potion available, craft-able at any alchemy station. These compressed potions can then be combined to conserve inventory space. These more powerful compressed potions can only be made at the alchemy table obtained from dungeons. Lastly every combat related potion can be combined into a single item, this however requires a crystal ball obtained after hard-mode.

Feel free to give me any feedback and suggestions, I hope you all enjoy!

Download Here
or from tModLoaders in-game mod browser

Simply place CompressedPotions.tmod into the folder located at C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods and enable from tModLoaders Mod menu. don't forget to reload your mods.

All the compressed versions of vanilla potions are made with 30 of the potion at any alchemy station.

The advanced compressed potions that give multiple buffs are simply made with other compressed potions and are made at the alchemy table (found in dungeon).

The only exception being the Ultimate Combat potion which is made at a crystal ball. (wizard in hardmode)

I am painfully aware my spriting is not very good, but I hope you enjoy and can get past it, I'm currently working on an alternate version that uses vanilla sprites if they bother you.

V1.0 Created
V2.0 All compressed potions now work from your inventory

Last edited:
Only problem I have is the buffs should probably be compressed as well since there is a limit of 22 buffs active at once which means that the compressed potions cannot all be used at once...

Only problem I have is the buffs should probably be compressed as well since there is a limit of 22 buffs active at once which means that the compressed potions cannot all be used at once...
That's actually an interesting idea, I'll do some research on custom buffs and see if I can make it happen.

The descriptions of these compressed potions can be misunderstood since they say they work when kept close to the player. It would make some people think that you only need them in your inventory to work and not have to equip them. Just a nitpick from me! :p

Anyhow, it's an interesting mod and would like to see more potions in the future! :D

Can I see some sprites? I want to know if this is my kind of mod. I hate mods that don't fit into the Terraria vibe. Not to be judgmental but I just wanna know. :indifferent:
EDIT: Okay, so I saw the sprites... Do you need a spriter that can make it more Terraria-esque? I might not be the greatest but I can at least take existing sprites and edit them to look more pure, etc.

Last edited:
This sounds pretty cool. You should add a spoiler that shows off a few of them with sprites. :)

hi, thanks for the beautiful mod, idea is so good. I think ultimate combat potion has 16 buffs. I am using a pet and a light pet. when I go to a place with a have camp fire, heart lantern, star in a bottle and banners; buff icons on left top start constant flickering and I hear this noise (I think it is the biting sound of summon a pet, keep repeating fast). and I wish I could combine the potions I use into a custom compressed potion. but I read you say infinite variations so maybe I couldn't figure that out. I can only make predecided compressed potions like master bowman etc. anyway this mod is amazing thank you again

Last edited:
hi, thanks for the beautiful mod, idea is so good. I think ultimate combat potion has 16 buffs. I am using a pet and a light pet. when I go to a place with a have camp fire, heart lantern, star in a bottle and banners; buff icons on left top start constant flickering and I hear this noise (I think it is the biting sound of summon a pet, keep repeating fast). and I wish I could combine the potions I use into a custom compressed potion. but I read you say infinite variations so maybe I couldn't figure that out. I can only make predecided compressed potions like master bowman etc. anyway this mod is amazing thank you again
This mod does exactly as you say it does. It simply compresses the potions effect into on accessory but still gives each individual buff. The problem is that Terraria has a limit on the number of buffs and debuffs you can have which means with the ulimate combat potion you will have sound and buff problems. I mentioned this to him and suggested using a custom buff instead of using the predefined ones, which he said he would look into. He just hasn't gotten around to it apparently.

Good idea. Seems bit easy to get the unlimited version? eg for manapotions, I go through 100s all the time. maybe make some harder to craft? just my opinion tho. I really like it

I dont know if possible but can you make a players custom potion or something like that which allows you to choose which buffs you want and it would require a fixed amount of things plus the comrpessed versions of the potions that you choose to create that item.

If the previous is not possible you could make a "Gamblers potion" that gives you random number of random buffs that change everytime you use/equip the item?

I made a template texture if you want to use it. Based off of the ironskin, wrath, and a bit of an added touch ;)
Compressed_Potion_Template.png

to anyone who still cares, I've done a lot of reading on modding and the coding language, and I think I can update this mod to reflect my original idea a little more closely. Hopefully before the end of today I'll have the update out.

might take a little longer than just 1 day, I thought I would be able to simply edit my mod, but I cannot since I lost all my original files, I have to basically rewrite the entire mod from scratch.

I had done that, but whenever I make a change to the mod, nothing changes.
You need to put the "CompressedPotions" folder on your Mod Sources folder (you can check that on tmodloader -> mod sources -> open folder) then delete the info mono.dll windows.dll windows.pdb files that are inside of the "CompressedPotions" folder and create a build.txt file that says this

author = doomday83
version = 1.0
displayName =Compressed Potions
includeSource = true
hideCode = false

and a CompressedPotions.csproj with this code http://hastebin.com/jazitipapo.xml

then when you made changes to your cs files on tmodloader go to mod sources and click the button that says build + reload and youll generate the new updated tmod file

You need to put the "CompressedPotions" folder on your Mod Sources folder (you can check that on tmodloader -> mod sources -> open folder) then delete the info mono.dll windows.dll windows.pdb files that are inside of the "CompressedPotions" folder and create a build.txt file that says this

author = doomday83
version = 1.0
displayName =Compressed Potions
includeSource = true
hideCode = false

and a CompressedPotions.csproj with this code http://hastebin.com/jazitipapo.xml

then when you made changes to your cs files on tmodloader go to mod sources and click the button that says build + reload and youll generate the new updated tmod file
Oh my god, thanks so much, I wish I had known about this when I started, would have saved quite a bit of time and effort on my part.

Back
Top Bottom