Conlon's Art

qlKbZeG.jpg

Little WIP update. Figured I'd post it since I have a commission coming up and I might be MIA for a few days :x

rwFhTiW.jpg

Back! So close to being done... They all need some finishing touches, but they're getting there.

I know I said I would post it finished but around the holidays my schedule gets weird so I'm keeping everyone posted in case I disappear. Don't want to lose momentum on this!

Bloody hell Chris, just when I thought it couldn't get any better... that depiction of the Night's Edge. Absolutely spot on details-wise, and a fantastic interpretation of the weapon's 'feeling' as well. The Blood Butcherer (also great) is definitely the most technically impressive, but the Night's Edge is nonetheless my favourite.

Bloody hell Chris, just when I thought it couldn't get any better... that depiction of the Night's Edge. Absolutely spot on details-wise, and a fantastic interpretation of the weapon's 'feeling' as well. The Blood Butcherer (also great) is definitely the most technically impressive, but the Night's Edge is nonetheless my favourite.

Thank you sir! The Night's edge is definitely the closest to the style I was going for. I wanted to retain some comic-esque line quality while still having a slightly realistic look. This piece has been a balancing act between realistic details and style, but it's a fun balancing act! If I can bring them all to somewhere around that level of finish, I'll be happy.

kK2zdt5.jpg

Went ahead and finished off Starfury! I think I'm going to leave the Beekeeper and Enchanted Sword for the next batch. They'll fit in better with the more exotic swords I'll be drawing.

Edit: Also, I didn't disregard suggestions for Light's Bane! I just kept chugging forward with the other ones. I'm hoping to polish these up a bit eventually, and those changes will be included in that process.

Man, I just really REALLY love that Blood Butcherer. It takes the sprite and actually makes something that looks like a legit fantasy sword out of it, rather than my rather messy interpretation. They all look very good! You also make the new Blade of Grass actually look pretty nice, I've never been terribly fond of the resprite since I was so attached to the old one.

kK2zdt5.jpg

Went ahead and finished off Starfury! I think I'm going to leave the Beekeeper and Enchanted Sword for the next batch. They'll fit in better with the more exotic swords I'll be drawing.

Edit: Also, I didn't disregard suggestions for Light's Bane! I just kept chugging forward with the other ones. I'm hoping to polish these up a bit eventually, and those changes will be included in that process.
I have to say, I really like that bone sword you did, especially the guard! and that blood butcherer too! that's bad:red:!

Man, I just really REALLY love that Blood Butcherer. It takes the sprite and actually makes something that looks like a legit fantasy sword out of it, rather than my rather messy interpretation. They all look very good! You also make the new Blade of Grass actually look pretty nice, I've never been terribly fond of the resprite since I was so attached to the old one.

Whaaaat! I really liked your Blood Butcherer. It remained a lot more loyal to the sprite than mine did. As far as the blade of grass goes, I actually didn't know they resprited it. Must have been before my time. I do think the design on the old sprite is cleaner, though. I feel like the guard on the new sprite is a little too low and that the color palette is kind of weird.

In general I feel like the game could use a big resprite to make the designs from early game to late game more consistent. Not that I don't appreciate how much work that would take!
I have to say, I really like that bone sword you did, especially the guard! and that blood butcherer too! that's bad:red:!

Thanks! Those were my more brutal designs, haha.

Last edited:
i know its may sound a bit weird but a roblox game stole your designe

Hey everyone!

I'm Fox Conlon. I'm an illustrator and you can check out some of my work on my Instagram.

You may have seen some of my renditions of Terraria swords floating around the internet. I posted on here a long time ago as "Chris" but have long since lost that login and am now going by Fox :] About 5 years ago I made this set of pre-hardmode swords:

terrariaswords.png

Lately I've been working on a new set of swords to celebrate Journey's End! Here are the sketches so far:

TERRA BLADE:

Terrablade_Sketch_1_800.jpg

ZENITH:

Zenith_800.jpg

MEOWMERE:
Meowmere_Sketch1_800.jpg

STAR WRATH:

STAR WRATH_800_2.jpg

INFLUX WAVER:

Influx Waver_800.jpg

HORSEMAN'S BLADE:
Horseman's Blade_Sk_1_800.jpg

BRAND OF THE INFERNO:

Brand Of the Inferno_800.jpg

EXCALIBUR

Excalibur.jpg

Hope you guys dig them so far! Let me know if you have anything else you'd like drawn. I'm keeping track of requests :]

Fox

Attachments

• Terrablade_Sketch_1.jpg
    Terrablade_Sketch_1.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 966
  • Zenith.jpg
    Zenith.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 1,063
  • Meowmere_Sketch1.jpg
    Meowmere_Sketch1.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 508
  • STAR WRATH.jpg
    STAR WRATH.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 1,778
  • Influx Waver.jpg
    Influx Waver.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 456
  • Horseman's Blade_Sk_1.jpg
    Horseman's Blade_Sk_1.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 846
  • Brand Of the Inferno.jpg
    Brand Of the Inferno.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 539
  • Meowmere_Sketch1_800.jpg
    Meowmere_Sketch1_800.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 3,521
  • Meowmere_Sketch1_800.jpg
    Meowmere_Sketch1_800.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 198
  • STAR WRATH_800.jpg
    STAR WRATH_800.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 729
Last edited by a moderator:
i know its may sound a bit weird but a roblox game stole your designe

Hey, this is the same artist! Thank you for notifying me. I checked it out and they did indeed use my designs. I'll be contacting them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom