Conlon's Art

Fox Conlon

Terrarian
UPDATE: June 14, 2020

I'M BACK!

It's been a long, long time since I posted here. More than five years by the looks of it! Over that time period I've come and gone from playing Terraria, but with the recent final update, I've started playing a lot again lately.

You may recognize me from these sword designs I did five years ago:

kK2zdt5.jpg

And this cartoon I did that made the rounds:

HQejm8u.jpg

I'm back in action making some new Terraria inspired swords. Here's the most recent batch!

Zenith_800.jpg

Terrablade_Sketch_1_800.jpg

STAR WRATH_800_2.jpg

Meowmere_Sketch1_800.jpg

Influx Waver_800.jpg

Horseman's Blade_Sk_1_800.jpg

Excalibur.jpg

Brand Of the Inferno_800.jpg

Enchanted_Sword.jpg

Glad to be back!

Please note, as I have been made aware in this thread that some of my sword designs have wound up in another game without my permission, these drawings are mine and I hold the copyright to them. Please do not alter or use them without my permission. You're free to share them on social media, just make sure to credit me by showing off this thread or linking to my Instagram! Always happy to welcome new onlookers :]

Last edited:
Thanks, you two :] I just realized there's a drawing/paintings subforum. Should I post stuff like this there in the future?

Holy hell, Chris - this is nothing short of genius! And bloody accurate for Terraria, as we all probably know only too well! Anyways, if you fancy doing so and have the time, I'd be very glad to see some more works by you. Until then, have a good time of things on the forums!

Really well done.

The characters really feel like they have a personality. Their armor was also given huge detail and accordance to Terraria.

It's also a funny joke!

Keep drawing and improving!

Have a cookie (#)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! They make me want to make more art!

As far as more work goes, I actually just started a facebook page for my comic style stuff a few days ago. There isn't any other Terraria stuff besides this piece up yet, but if you dig this style you'll feel at home there :] Like and or follow it if you want to keep posted on my work, or just check up on it once awhile if you don't feel like liking/following for some reason!

I also have a tumblr but that isn't quite up to date right now, so sorry about that. I'm kind of in an artistic transitional period since I want to do comics and my previous work isn't too comics oriented. I'm looking forward to working in this style more, though.

If you're planning to make more Terraria artworks in the meantime, try making one of those cliche but awesome boss fight scenes.

Looking at your style, and incredible ability to give characters depth, personality and meaning without ever needing a word, I'm sure you would do well :3

Hey guys! Sorry it's been awhile since I posted. Got caught up in a few commissions.

@Samrux , I'll definitely draw a boss fight sometime! For now...

WORK IN PROGRESS:
FDf0PYK.jpg

I had an itch to redesign some of the weapons. Here's the first pass on the line art. After this, I'll punch up the lines and then color them!

Swords shown (left to right): Wood, Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold, Bone, Ice, Light's Bane, Blood Butcherer, Blade of Grass, Fiery Greatsword, Muramasa, Night's Edge, Starfury, Beekeeper, Enchanted.

Feedback and kind words appreciated ;]

Whoa, dude, Daimera! No way! I came across your designs in a Google image search a few minutes ago but didn't see an artist credit in the wiki article it linked to (which is lame). It was cool seeing the similarities and differences in our interpretations, your work kicks so much :red:! Kind of a trip trying to come up with details when you're looking at a few pixels, isn't it?

Last edited:
u draw so gud

The colors looks delicious and the outline work is just astounding, do you pixel, too, though?

Whoa, dude, Daimera! No way! I came across your designs in a Google image search a few minutes ago but didn't see an artist credit in the wiki article it linked to (which is lame). It was cool seeing the similarities and differences in our interpretations, your work kicks so much :red:! Kind of a trip trying to come up with details when you're looking at a few pixels, isn't it?
Ah, neat! Always cool to hear one's work shows up in Google searches for art in general. It's like that time I searched Dark Souls and found one of my dumb pictures of a Dark Souls mimic in a Pokeball (it was part of a discussion about how Voltorbs and Electrodes were just meant to be the Pokemon equivalent to mimics).

And coming up with details based on small sprites is the BEST part of upscaling sprites from games like this! At least, it's my favorite part. :> It's also super fun to see the different interpretations from different artists! Where people draw up the same conclusions, and where people's ideas diverge!

Back
Top Bottom