Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
We run a dedicated 1.4 server on a pc with port forwarding and connect to it over IP. Everything worked fairly well until version 1.4.0.4 - I had a few connection lost here and there (mostly at the very end of very busy boss fights) but otherwise it was playable. However, since 1.4.0.4, I now get disconnected every 5 to 10 minutes. Nothing has changed in the settings, PCs and server since 1.4.0.3 except for the version upgrade. I read a few reddit thread saying this seems to happen also with steam multiplayer; I can confirm it is happening with dedicated servers as well.

The player who is hosting the server on his local network does not seem to get disconnected, but players connecting from outside get "connection lost" at really high rate now, and seemingly for no specific reason, even when the processing power isn't heavy. We validated the local game files for the 2 PCs and the server, and we also restarted the 2 PCs and the server, but it continues to disconnect regularly.

Also, since 1.4.0.4, "verify integrity of game files" now always indicate "one file to be reaquired" even if you run it multiple times in a row. Same behavior for both PCs and for the server. Unfortunately until this is fixed, it really has become unplayable for multiplayer. Thanks.

Same here. Not the issue of host as players don't get disconnected at the same time. I am getting disconnected while joining over Steam.
Disabled firewalls, no antivirus, last Windows update as of today. Any ideas on how to debug?
PS: Same with reacquiring game files.

I am also having the same problem over a steam connection between two people. Did you ever find a solution?

Back
Top Bottom