Other Consider the re-implementation of old gen Terraria content.

Terraria community, should Re-Logic re-implement the old gen Terraria content into vanilla 1.4?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

person3879

Terrarian
Hear me out, many players loved the old gen Terraria content. Removing that content hurt the few who still remembered it. I also do not understand why the old gen content was created if it was just going to be removed. From what I understood, the old gen content was removed because the times were different when that content was created. However, I believe that this content would drastically improve the game play of Terraria. I would love to be able to fight Ocram, Turkor and Lepis on PC post 1.4 without mods. This alone sounds heavenly. The seasonal events from old gen mobile. All the pets from old gen mobile. This includes the Shiny Black Slab which I believe should be craftable with something like Iron or Lead. The messages where "NPC would like to settle down." All of this content would make a great improvement to Terraria in my opinion. I love Terraria and I am sure not many people will read this but at least I put forth the effort to make my desire known.

Last edited:
The problem with this is that things like Ocram weren't well balanced or implemented well. They'd be awesome, but they'd have to go through a LOT of changes.

Personally, I am fine with a good fine tuning and re-balancing of the old gen content. It feels good to imagine how much better 1.4 could be with this content implemented back into the game. I am certainly not expecting any big changes like this taking place especially considering how much was done for 1.4. However, some of the old themes were able to find their place in 1.4 so there is always hope. 😄

I think one of the reasons why they might have gotten removed is because of the quality. They're far inferior compared to items & pets added by Re-Logic.
Don't forget that when the old-gen content was added it was mostly recolors of preexisting items, before they got the sprites redone.
They did get re-sprited, but I believe that before getting readded again, they need to go through some balance changes. Ocram was infamous for his terrible hitbox, for starters.

Where would Ocram be in the boss progression? What kinds of drops would he have to even make him worth fighting?
Ocram's boss progression would honestly depend on if Ocram got reworked. I am not sure where Ocram could fall on boss progression. My best guess would be sometime after Plantera. I will admit, I would like to see a rework of this old content rather then scrapping it entirely. As far as drops go, I think that Ocram should drop the same items that it did. However, they may need to be buffed or nerfed depending on where Ocram is in boss progression.

I think one of the reasons why they might have gotten removed is because of the quality. They're far inferior compared to items & pets added by Re-Logic.
Don't forget that when the old-gen content was added it was mostly recolors of preexisting items, before they got the sprites redone.
They did get re-sprited, but I believe that before getting readded again, they need to go through some balance changes. Ocram was infamous for his terrible hitbox, for starters.
I suppose you are right about the content. Ocram as well as the old gen content would need to be re-balanced before it would even fit into modern Terraria. However, that being said I would still love to see it be reworked instead of still being scrapped content. I liked how Terraria 1.4 reused some themes from old gen Terraria. This leads me to believe that there is still a shred of hope for this content getting re-worked.

Last edited:
It'd be cool to see a resprited/revamped version of Ocram back in the game, as much as he stands out. I think with a lot of retouching and fixing, he could be a fun boss to fight.

But unfortunately, time and time again, it has been officially confirmed that none of the old-gen content will return, as disheartening as it is.

Why would they bring back ocram? He was literally an eye of cthulhu rematch with underwhelming projectiles at a tier right after you just fought an eye of cthulhu rematch with projectiles. He and his drops would have to be reworked so heavily that the devs may as well just add a new boss at that point, and honestly they would probably be better with adding something that has an actually creative theme anyway.

You know what I miss? Arch wyverns and demons
may i ask why you miss more painful wyverns and those demon variations speaking of which the variations were absolutely pointless. imagine them with expert mode and master mode boosts as well

Arch wyverns actually added a challenge to the sky, I found arch demons a fun alternative to crystal farming
imagine that i get attacked by arch wyverns while dealing with a pumpking! we have infinite flight mounts now my guy. Arch demons were obviously removed due to their zero originality and being a pre-hardmode way to acquire crystals and crystal storm

It'd be cool to see a resprited/revamped version of Ocram back in the game, as much as he stands out. I think with a lot of retouching and fixing, he could be a fun boss to fight.

But unfortunately, time and time again, it has been officially confirmed that none of the old-gen content will return, as disheartening as it is.
If I am not mistaken which I could be, back in the old days of Terraria before 1.2, the developer team said that the final update would be 1.1. Then 1.2 came out, then this year we got 1.4. I highly doubt that 1.4 will be the last update. I still have a shred of hope that some of the old content may be re-worked and re-added into Terraria. I know a ton of old fans would be grateful for that.

Last edited:
Or my old kindle fire wich if im not mistaken refuses to update past 1.2

Which caused me much anger waiting for 1.3 thinking i could destroy everything with my specter armour magnet sphere combo

Fishron passed the judgment of realization on me

Why would they bring back ocram? He was literally an eye of cthulhu rematch with underwhelming projectiles at a tier right after you just fought an eye of cthulhu rematch with projectiles. He and his drops would have to be reworked so heavily that the devs may as well just add a new boss at that point, and honestly they would probably be better with adding something that has an actually creative theme anyway.
A lot of people (including myself) actually enjoyed the Ocram fight. That is why I know a lot of people would appreciate Ocram's return. The only issues I have had with the fight is one getting the materials and two Ocram's hitbox. I do believe that the Terraria developers could re-work this content to be more balanced and fit within modern Terraria.

Or my old kindle fire wich if im not mistaken refuses to update past 1.2
That is interesting that your Kindle will not update Terraria to 1.4.0.5. You said that it was old. Maybe, it does not have enough system resources to run the 1.4.0.5 update?

Back
Top Bottom