PC Consistent lag in Terraria on single player and multi player!

MADCRAFT9753

Terrarian
I have had Terraria now for about 2 years on my current PC and over the course of the last 6 months i have been experiencing, often unplayable lag both on single player and multi player. Originally my PC was able to run Terraria quite smooth with next to no lag. After taking a break from the game around September and returning back at the beginning of this year, the game had begun to lag but not as much as now. Over the past month the lag has increased quite a bit.

- On host & play whenever I host a game I tend to experience consistent lag whereas the person I'm playing with seems to be running the game fine.
- When on a Terraria server I also have multiple lag spikes and my character can be quite glitchy - my fps can drop to around 10 - 20 with after playing on the world for quite a while.
- On single player I still gain lag on my much larger worlds and on smaller worlds it becomes unplayable after half an hour or so.

I have tried many solutions found on the internet such as:

Turning frame skip on and off as well as vsync.
Switched to High performance for terraria in my nvidia control panel.
Re installed both steam and terraria.
Altered CPU priorities.
Changed in game settings such as lighting.

Here are my PC specs for reference:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590T @ 2.00GHz (4CPUs), ~2.0Ghz
16Gb ram
Directx Version: DirectX 12
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 830A

My PC is a HP Envy Recline 23-k310 23-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop.
This may be a problem with my pc specs itself but if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have had Terraria now for about 2 years on my current PC and over the course of the last 6 months i have been experiencing, often unplayable lag both on single player and multi player. Originally my PC was able to run Terraria quite smooth with next to no lag. After taking a break from the game around September and returning back at the beginning of this year, the game had begun to lag but not as much as now. Over the past month the lag his increased quite a bit.

- On host & play whenever I host a game I tend to experience consistent lag whereas the person I'm playing with seems to be running the game fine.
- When on a Terraria server I also have multiple lag spikes and my character can be quite glitchy - my fps can drop to around 10 - 20 with after playing on the world for quite a while.
- On single player I still gain lag on my much larger worlds and on smaller worlds it becomes unplayable after half an hour or so.

I have tried many solutions found on the internet such as:

Turning frame skip on and off as well as vsync.
Switched to High performance for terraria in my nvidia control panel.
Re installed both steam and terraria.
Altered CPU priorities.
Changed in game settings such as lighting.

Here are my PC specs for reference:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590T @ 2.00GHz (4CPUs), ~2.0Ghz
16Gb ram
Directx Version: DirectX 12
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 830A

My PC is a HP Envy Recline 23-k310 23-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop.
This may be a problem with my pc specs itself but if anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Do you lag while in the air ingame?

Do you have other programs open when playing Terraria? Any anti-virus scanning or medium usage of CPU?
Have you scanned for any viruses impaling performance?
And have you installed any always-active background programs since then?

Do you have other programs open when playing Terraria? Any anti-virus scanning or medium usage of CPU?
Have you scanned for any viruses impaling performance?
And have you installed any always-active background programs since then?
I have made sure to close all programmes when playing the game, closed all background processes that run while playing the game, disabled most start up tasks, scanned for viruses and I haven't installed many background programmes. However, the lag has decreased over the past week but is still present

I have made sure to close all programmes when playing the game, closed all background processes that run while playing the game, disabled most start up tasks, scanned for viruses and I haven't installed many background programmes. However, the lag has decreased over the past week but is still present
hey, you ever solve your issue? I'm having similar issues now and can't seem to fix them.

Back
Top Bottom