Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear some news.. Besides, I just got an Xbox One and I need to catch up so I guess this is the perfect time! Hope to see another post soon. :-D

at least we know they are almost done with the torture of ppl complaining of something they are not being paid for taking a long time :sigh::D

round of applause guys!

Huge wall of text... I read the few first lines and appreciate your work-effort, but hope your clients at least received readable messages: use the [ENTER] key more often! Introduce some paragraphs to keep it readable...

It was written in under 15 minutes from my phone while on break. Not alot of time to both explain my position, and worry about sentence structure. But thanks for the criticism. Your post quoting it will allow it to be maintained, while i can delete it and save some forum space.Though it does seem odd that of all the long posts, this was the one you felt the need to single out. It's almost as though you had some other motivation. Strange.

Last edited:
"Has everyone calmed down yet? Yes? Okay, good."
"Go ahead Luigi."

"I am disappointed that there is a delay but at least they aren't releasing a big buggy mess. I much prefer that than a game which releases on time, but rushes content to meet that goal."

"Well said guys... Hehehehe..."

Please listen to M&L

Last edited:
you're placing a stereotype on an entire community for 2-3 people's behavior... yet you don't say anything about the PC community despite the massive amount of "PC master race" and "console peasant" stuff that goes on everywhere on the internet, including here?

that totally doesn't sound biased, at all.

another thing, you say your post is about positivity, yet you insult the entire console community... did they change the meaning of that word, recently?

to me, this whole thing just seems like 2-3 people wanting to stir up as much trouble as possible... expressing opinions is one thing, but when every single post is the exact same thing, practically harassing pipeworks, choosing to like posts that only add fuel to the fire, and refusing to like posts that are being reasonable, even to both sides... just furthers the idea that it's all a big trolling attempt.

i just hope the few people spewing venom and radiating toxicity don't discourage pipeworks and make them view the community as not worth the trouble they're going through.

i genuinely feel bad for them, they picked up a project that was handled so poorly up to this point, and are literally rebuilding it from the ground up to make it more stable and easier to expand in the future, yet are getting so viciously attacked, despite them trying their best to make it high quality.

not to mention, anyone who chooses to be reasonable about the situation, are treated as "bootlickers", despite it simply being a case of empathy and understanding.

it's honestly just disgusting to see that kind of behavior, especially in a community that should be more supportive than that.

expressing disappointment is fine, but being venomous and aggressive is just inexcusable, especially toward people who just recently stepped into the picture and are doing everything they can to improve the situation.
Thank you for this post. It made me reassess what I've been doing. I thought I was better than this, but I've obviously been feeding the trolls a bit myself.

Negative opinions are valid too, as long as they are expressed in a civil manner. We fully expected people to be upset, disappointed and angry. We also expect most will be very happy when at long last they receive the update.

What we don't want to see is people resorting to tearing down others simply because they disagree with them. This response of yours isn't helping anyone either, and you absolutely DO seem to be trying to start something here. If other peoples' opinions offend you so greatly, then go to their profile and click the Ignore button at the top right - you won't see them any longer.
This response saddens me a bit. It's rather clear to me that some posters are here just to be a negative element. This community has always been free of the whiny entitlement I see in almost every other forum on the internet. To endorse the posting of such material just sets a bad precedent.

Since using the ignore function seems to be the only recourse left, I urge everyone to use it. Don't message or quote these posters any further. Don't message other posters to ignore them either, I'm worried the mods would claim we're witch hunting. I'm sure the mods can see how many people have put a user on ignore. Maybe if enough of us ignore them the mods can reassess what the community actually wants. If nothing else we can enact a sort of shadow ban and lessen their impact on this community by not engaging them.

EDIT: I've had some time to mull things over and calm down, and this part was uncalled for. I've since removed the people I was arguing with from my ignore list.

Last edited:
You know what else is strange? The idea that you think you can get away with fighting just because 2 moderators told only 4 people to stop, since they were the only ones involved at the time, you are not free to continue fighting about it, and one of the four aforementioned is still going...

I listened to the warning Aurora and Tunnel King (I think it was) gave us, I suggest everyone else does too.

I'm happy PipeWorks puts in the time (even if it's this guy's job, and he's not coding, by the sounds of it) to give us an update, let's not wreck this thread. (more than we already have, tbh, it's pretty far along already)

That awkward moment when you try to make peace just to have a surprise character jump in from the sidelines to not so subtly suggest a witch hunt.

Honestly this is the main reason I speak up. We can't all be drones intent on ostracizing those we don't agree with. This place is already too quiet as is.

Oh man I can't wait for bubbles. I'm already planning an arena full of honey and lava traps for pvp it's gonna be so hype!

I know it's a weird thing to be excited for but building is one of the main reasons terraria is great. And who doesn't want to suspend various liquids with the intent of harm and confusion?

"Has everyone calmed down yet? Yes? Okay, good."
"Go ahead Luigi."

"I am disappointed that there is a delay but at least they aren't releasing a big buggy mess. I much prefer that than a game which releases on time, but rushes content to meet that goal."

"Well said guys."

Please listen to M&L
Is yellow supposed to be Wario?
Strange Wario would stop robbing them long enough to hear them talk.

Oh man I can't wait for bubbles. I'm already planning an arena full of honey and lava traps for pvp it's gonna be so hype

I don't suggest using Honey like that, I made a Jungle/Beehive Queen Bee/Plantera arena in the sky in one of my worlds, /w honey, and I hated it, removed it, and the honey just fell and completely messed up my snow biome.

I don't suggest using Honey like that, I made a Jungle/Beehive Queen Bee arena in one of my worlds, /w honey, and I hated it, removed it, and the honey just kinda stays there and I think it's hard to get rid of.
That's the point though!
People get stuck passing through the honey and I shoot them! If I can catch at least one person in honey with a sniper rifle it'll totally be worth the clean up. But I'll take your warning into consideration.

Is yellow supposed to be Wario?
Strange Wario would stop robbing them long enough to hear them talk.
No, I just wanted to use a different color. I could add an evil laugh, and Waluigi action though.

P.S. Peach could have yellow text as well, although it is normally pink.

Negative opinions are valid too, as long as they are expressed in a civil manner. We fully expected people to be upset, disappointed and angry. We also expect most will be very happy when at long last they receive the update.

What we don't want to see is people resorting to tearing down others simply because they disagree with them. This response of yours isn't helping anyone either, and you absolutely DO seem to be trying to start something here. If other peoples' opinions offend you so greatly, then go to their profile and click the Ignore button at the top right - you won't see them any longer.

well, i wasn't trying to start something, i can promise you that.

either way, i'll just not respond to anyone anymore, if that is preferable.

sorry for... expressing my opinions, i guess?

just kinda stunned that i asked a simple question out of genuine curiosity, and i suddenly get targeted and accused of causing trouble by other users and moderators alike. %:sigh:

arguments and misunderstandings aside, and in an attempt to return to the main subject at hand... i am still just as excited for 1.3 as i always have been, i've been pretty busy with other games and various things, so i've barely realized how much time has passed since pipeworks even arrived here.

maybe that's why i don't feel disappointed, because i've been far too preoccupied to notice.

could someone explain to me what the issue concerning split screen is, though?

what is going on with it, anyway?

Last edited:
You know, I've always been a big softie.

When the new update hits, I reckon I'll delete all of my characters and most of my worlds and join the Hardie crew.

I'll keep one world to store things for PvP and general messing about, build some cool arenas / areas etc but will likely be running Hard-core chars from now on.

I look forward to dying again and again.. and again.

No respawning at bonfires for me!

you're placing a stereotype on an entire community for 2-3 people's behavior... yet you don't say anything about the PC community despite the massive amount of "PC master race" and "console peasant" stuff that goes on everywhere on the internet, including here?

that totally doesn't sound biased, at all.

another thing, you say your post is about positivity, yet you insult the entire console community... did they change the meaning of that word, recently?

to me, this whole thing just seems like 2-3 people wanting to stir up as much trouble as possible... expressing opinions is one thing, but when every single post is the exact same thing, practically harassing pipeworks, choosing to like posts that only add fuel to the fire, and refusing to like posts that are being reasonable, even to both sides... just furthers the idea that it's all a big trolling attempt.

i just hope the few people spewing venom and radiating toxicity don't discourage pipeworks and make them view the community as not worth the trouble they're going through.

i genuinely feel bad for them, they picked up a project that was handled so poorly up to this point, and are literally rebuilding it from the ground up to make it more stable and easier to expand in the future, yet are getting so viciously attacked, despite them trying their best to make it high quality.

not to mention, anyone who chooses to be reasonable about the situation, are treated as "bootlickers", despite it simply being a case of empathy and understanding.

it's honestly just disgusting to see that kind of behavior, especially in a community that should be more supportive than that.

expressing disappointment is fine, but being venomous and aggressive is just inexcusable, especially toward people who just recently stepped into the picture and are doing everything they can to improve the situation.

Meh, console communtiies (specially in more child friendly games like terraria) will always have more toxic communities. Why? Because there is always going to be more kids in these communities (because of the console prices compared to pc prices).

Does that make communities worse per say? No, because the majority of games where colaborating may be necassary you'll probably be doing it either with friends or through an lfg...and lets face it, most kids (especially the ones who only seem to play the game to make others lives misserable) wont be using lfgs...least not the majority.

That said, the pc community isnt exactly the purest community out there. Like with all things having a superior version tends to bring out the worst in some...rather stupidly I think...Sure, you can boast that your platform has better performance but what really matters is

1) the games
2) price
3) the platform your friends play on
4) how casual of a gamer you are.

But yeah....hopefully I didnt miss anything there, only read the first few lines due to the size of the text.

Meh, console communtiies (specially in more child friendly games like terraria) will always have more toxic communities. Why? Because there is always going to be more kids in these communities (because of the console prices compared to pc prices).

Does that make communities worse per say? No, because the majority of games where colaborating may be necassary you'll probably be doing it either with friends or through an lfg...and lets face it, most kids (especially the ones who only seem to play the game to make others lives misserable) wont be using lfgs...least not the majority.

That said, the pc community isnt exactly the purest community out there. Like with all things having a superior version tends to bring out the worst in some...rather stupidly I think...Sure, you can boast that your platform has better performance but what really matters is

1) the games
2) price
3) the platform your friends play on
4) how casual of a gamer you are.

But yeah....hopefully I didnt miss anything there, only read the first few lines due to the size of the text.

implying that kids are the only troublemakers?

i've seen kids that are more mature than some adults... i mean, the supposedly "more mature" PC community seems far more toxic to me, from the kind of behavior i've experienced... it's one of the biggest reasons i stopped playing PC games ages ago.

not to mention i just don't wanna be associated with the whole origin of the "master race" thing, i absolutely refuse to tolerate such things, yet people keep saying "it's a joke", despite the way they use it NEVER sounding like a joke, really.

anyway, as for those points you made...

1. i stick to nintendo and sony because i love the games they have and have just had far better experiences with them.
2. i still find consoles far more affordable and comfortable than having to maintain a computer.
3. i play alone.
4. i don't see what that has to do with anything?

games are games... what you play on says nothing about whether you're casual or hardcore, since even PC gamers play the most casual of casual games.

also, i hardly consider PC "superior", they boast about more FPS... but that just makes some games look like they're being fast forwarded when they're going faster than they're meant to... i've seen plenty of games look completely wonky due to that kinda stuff.

not to mention there are so many variables, that even people with similar machines may have completely different experiences with some games.

either way, i just wish the whole thing would stop, cause it almost makes me sick of being part of the gaming community as a whole.

but if you wanna talk about this any further, we may as well take it to a PM or something, so we don't drag the topic off the rails.

Toxicity, arguments and negative opinions are not being shown/stated because of any of those reasons you've given

It doesn't matter if you're young, old, casual, Hardcore, PC, Console/Mobile user

What makes people complain and show negativity towards things like delays, bugs, general issues is the fact that those people have passion

They have so much passion for this game that when they feel let down they feel the need to vent that frustration, whether it be verbally or written as in the TCF forums

If no one cared or wasn't so passionate about the game you wouldn't be seeing the hate, anger, negative posts and overall general upset towards Pipeworks and other TCF users

That being said, I really hope for a early Q4 release too and I think that's something we can all agree on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom