Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally the first thread introducing pipeworks where they announce they're officially abandoning last gen.

Our current target delivery for the Reset+1.3 is Q2 2017. All of this will be absolutely free to existing Current Gen Console Terraria owners (Old Gen players will have to purchase a Current Gen copy).

https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...-major-news-updates-for-console-mobile.47156/

"Current" "Target Delivery" being, an expectation, not a promise.

Any other "Proof"?

Last edited:
I have a question about the new UI, will we be able to use text chat? Set favorite items that we can't auto store in a chest? I need my heckin' favorites... How about the mini map? Is it resizable and adjustable? Can I turn it off if I want?

I have a question about the new UI, will we be able to use text chat? Set favorite items that we can't auto store in a chest? I need my heckin' favorites... How about the mini map? Is it resizable and adjustable? Can I turn it off if I want?

Favorites will be a things. One of their streams showed it off. Also, the mini-map can be turned on and off, but I don't know about adjusting it.

The favorites thing is something I'm really looking forward to. I play a lot of loot rpgs and I can't tell you how many times I have lost items because there was no favorite system. It didn't matter how careful I was, I would still sell or store stuff by accident.

I play a lot of loot rpgs and I can't tell you how many times I have lost items because there was no favorite system. It didn't matter how careful I was, I would still sell or store stuff by accident.
Yuuuuuuuuuup!
It's the worst feeling selling off an item you spent hours grinding for by accident because you were spamming buttons too hard and didn't notice.

Your opinion of what "real proof" is, is just that, your opinion. I also like how you missed the point entirely.

(Old gen players will have to purchase a current gen copy)

That's all the "real proof" we need to know we're "entitled" to this update.

You missed the point entirely, I was talking to Khaosbringer when you stepped in, the point I was trying to make is how he has no "real proof" that he is "entitled" to have the update... back in Q2 when they "Promised" they would release it in Q2.

I am not saying you shouldn't have the update, especially if you bought a new system and copy of Terraria, what I'm saying is, I don't think you should go running around bashing the company for not having it out in Q2 when they never PROMISED you a Q2 Release, which is what I thought we were talking about, especially since I was the one who brought it up.

And no one has proved that they ever PROMISED a Q2 Release, I'm only seeing "We expect", "Target Release", "Current Target", "We don't have a date yet", (which they say in every single video the question "When is it coming out" is asked, they have never, in any video, given a date) "We're still working on it", and "This is still a Development Build" (I.E there isn't a finished, releasable build yet. And again, this is mentioned in every single video they've posted about Terraria 1.3, featuring Gameplay)

Someone show me a credible post, directly from a member of PipeWorks showing that they ever actually promised a Q2, Q3, or even Q4 release, they are all expectations, and they've made that fairly clear.

The favorites thing is something I'm really looking forward to. I play a lot of loot rpgs and I can't tell you how many times I have lost items because there was no favorite system. It didn't matter how careful I was, I would still sell or store stuff by accident.

Yes, I'm quite concerned that I might accidentally sell something I want to keep, but I never do, somehow ._.
You'd be amazed how fast I sell items in Terraria..

Text chat is problematic on consoles for a few reasons.

First, there would need to be keyboard support (and likely mouse support as well). We know this has been requested for alternate movement controls on console, but it's not part of this update and is at this time not confirmed for any future updates.

Second - likely the same issues would apply to text chat as to the signs/tombstones, and as of now the console manufacturers restrict that sort of thing because they claim it affects the online experience and rating of the game. You can use a mic and say anything you want, but typing it out as words is apparently a bad thing.

First, there would need to be keyboard support (and likely mouse support as well). We know this has been requested for alternate movement controls on console, but it's not part of this update and is at this time not confirmed for any future updates.

Second - likely the same issues would apply to text chat as to the signs/tombstones, and as of now the console manufacturers restrict that sort of thing because they claim it affects the online experience and rating of the game. You can use a mic and say anything you want, but typing it out as words is apparently a bad thing.

That's why the games have all the "May contain:" things and usually 17+ rating, is because they have to, because a person could say/do/ whatever they want, and even create, considering this is a sandbox game, I've seen some pretty cool pixel art, but likewise, people could make some pretty messed up :red:.

It's unfortunate.

You missed the point entirely, I was talking to Khaosbringer when you stepped in, the point I was trying to make is how he has no "real proof" that he is "entitled" to have the update... back in Q2 when they "Promised" they would release it in Q2.

I am not saying you shouldn't have the update, especially if you bought a new system and copy of Terraria, what I'm saying is, I don't think you should go running around bashing the company for not having it out in Q2 when they never PROMISED you a Q2 Release, which is what I thought we were talking about, especially since I was the one who brought it up.

And no one has proved that they ever PROMISED a Q2 Release, I'm only seeing "We expect", "Target Release", "Current Target", "We don't have a date yet", (which they say in every single video the question "When is it coming out" is asked, they have never, in any video, given a date) "We're still working on it", and "This is still a Development Build" (I.E there isn't a finished, releasable build yet. And again, this is mentioned in every single video they've posted about Terraria 1.3, featuring Gameplay)

Someone show me a credible post, directly from a member of PipeWorks showing that they ever actually promised a Q2, Q3, or even Q4 release, they are all expectations, and they've made that fairly clear.

Yes, I'm quite concerned that I might accidentally sell something I want to keep, but I never do, somehow ._.
You'd be amazed how fast I sell items in Terraria..
I've covered this already multiple times, providing screen shots, links, timelines, quotes, and various other examples. Click on my character portrait and go through my previous posts. I've taken up enough room on the forums, no reason to ga back through and repost the same information. Another alternate would be to go through the terraria official twitter and thr pipeworks twitter yourself. It's not hard to find plenty of examples. Start around may 8th and work your way back. I've already done enough legwork to back up my opinion.

I've covered this already multiple times, providing screen shots, links, timelines, quotes, and various other examples. Click on my character portrait and go through my previous posts. I've taken up enough room on the forums, no reason to ga back through and repost the same information. Another alternate would be to go through the terraria official twitter and thr pipeworks twitter yourself. It's not hard to find plenty of examples. Start around may 8th and work your way back. I've already done enough legwork to back up my opinion.

The Terraria Official Account, plenty of people could have access to, not exclusively PipeWorks, in fact, PipeWorks may not have any access to that, but they might tell information to someone who does, but that's second-hand Information.

The Terraria Official Account, plenty of people could have access to, not exclusively PipeWorks, in fact, PipeWorks may not have any access to that, but they might tell information to someone who does, but that's second-hand Information.

If, in your opinion you feel like this speculation justifies these statements run with it. I disagree, but we are each entitled to our opinions. As i've stated to @Kazzymodus in the past we already discusses this to death, we don't agree, and will likely continue to disagree. time to move on to other topics.

If, in your opinion you feel like this speculation justifies these statements run with it. I disagree, but we are each entitled to our opinions. As i've stated to @Kazzymodus in the past we already discusses this to death, we don't agree, and will likely continue to disagree. time to move on to other topics.

In that case, refrain from @-ing me, or referring to me, or something I said, in future posts, if you really want to drop this, like you say.

Taunting and trolling, banned from replying further here.
Why do you guys continue to argue over mindless dribble? Q2 is in the past, they didn't meet their target date and apologized for the inconvenience of the players.
What does posting this help exactly?
You feel big getting in the last word after the fact?
I see you liking a bunch of posts during an argument but not jumping in yourself, grow a pair and join us next time if you feel strongly enough to call people out over it.

Text via Keyboard is already implemented though, not an exact chat box but renaming chests, and basically any interaction that opens the [Enter text UI] already exists, keyboard support is already there from MS

Mouse support isn't but hopefully Re-Logic can work with MS in the future to give us something great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom