Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess for the arrival of 1.3 is November 7th, which also happens to be my birthday. This is pretty unlikely, but a man can dream.

Me too though I plan to go Summoner (bringing the Slime Staff with me). Although an Engineer playthrough might be interesting, considering I like to build farms/arenas.

My main char for my last play through was a summoner. Spent a long time on him. Already toyed with most the other builds pre 1.3. figure might as well go with the yoyo for a change in gameplay. Closest we had before was flails, they're cool, but really like the idea of a mid range weapon with no ammo cost. Plus the terrarian just seems like an op toy to play with if ya build right. Down side is you can't get it unless you farm moon lord, which takes away some of it's utility. Kinda sucks you can't get it before hand. It would really help with the fight, and with the pillars.

I usually wait to build an arena unless i've already defeat a boss/event to make it faster to farm. I like to prove a build works before i turn on my doom engines to melt my foes. Engineer seems kinda fun as a different play style though.

Last edited:
My main char for my last play through was a summoner. Spent a long time on him. Already toyed with most the other builds pre 1.3. figure might as well go with the yoyo for a change in gameplay. Closest we had before was flails, they're cool, but really like the idea of a mid range weapon with no ammo cost. Plus the terrarian just seems like an op toy to play with if ya build right. Down side is you can't get it unless you farm moon lord, which takes away some of it's utility. Kinda sucks you can't get it before hand. It would really help with the fight, and with the pillars.

I usually wait to build an arena unless i've already defeat a boss/event to make it faster to farm. I like to prove a build works before i turn on my doom engines to melt my foes. Engineer seems kinda fun as a different play style though.
The terraria is useful for those who like to feel powerful as it is a very powerful endgame weapon that can destroy every boss. First I’m gonna farm the pillars event and the moon lord to get my endgame weapons and armour (mainly a warrior build) and then I will test it out on various bosses and events and be amazed at how powerful I am and mess around with friends then I’ll start a proper 1.3 playthrough to get the full experience

The terraria is useful for those who like to feel powerful as it is a very powerful endgame weapon that can destroy every boss. First I’m gonna farm the pillars event and the moon lord to get my endgame weapons and armour (mainly a warrior build) and then I will test it out on various bosses and events and be amazed at how powerful I am and mess around with friends then I’ll start a proper 1.3 playthrough to get the full experience

I'm an old school grinder. I like the journey. Don't usually spend alot of time farming content after i beat the game, unless theres something like an optional boss. If i feel like fighting the bosses again, i usally just start a new playthrough. I like the whole harrowing journey to get the one item that wreckz faces approach. It usally means you get to experience the hidden aspects of the game and content you would ignore otherwise. Being op can be fun, but i gotta have something new to use it on. Maxed out the game clock several different times on ff7 playthroughs years ago for the joy of min/maxing my skills. I'll still jump on an end game char to help others when they need it, but i usually start a new char pretty fast after i beat a game if it offers a different play style. I like to do my grinding before the final boss. I put god only knows how many hours into the moster hunter franchise, just chasing the next upgrade.

Last edited:
I'm an old school grinder. I like the journey. Don't usually spend alot of time farming content after i beat the game, unless theres something like an optional boss. If i feel like fighting the bosses again, i usally just start a new playthrough. I like the whole harrowing journey to get the one item that wreckz faces approach. It usally means you get to experience the hidden aspects of the game and content you would ignore otherwise. Being op can be fun, but i gotta have something new to use it on. Maxed out the game clock several different times on ff7 playthroughs years ago for the joy of min/maxing my skills. I'll still jump on an end game char to help others when they need it, but i usually start a new char pretty fast after i beat a game if it offers a different play style. I like to do my grinding before the final boss. I put god only knows how many hours into the moster hunter franchise, just chasing the next upgrade.

This conversation points out one of the things I like most about Terraria, and how I never get bored with it. It's possible to play through from start to finish a number of times, and each time discover (or have available) new things or take different paths. It also works well as a game you can "max out" on by grinding the top level bosses to become wonderfully OP.

Then there's what I've been doing lately (mostly while playing with my daughter), which is take my end game character to new worlds and enjoy the comfort of complete safety (with a tornado watching over me) while I explore all the options for construction. I've grown quite fond of building houses/structures with "secret" stairwells, tunnels of actuators that lead off to hidden rooms, and all manner of decor to make a story for the world.

There are so many play styles already, and I'm super excited to know console will be getting even more.

(Side note, looks like my first task will be to spawn new worlds and go farm some marble) ~:)

What does posting this help exactly?
You feel big getting in the last word after the fact?
I see you liking a bunch of posts during an argument but not jumping in yourself, grow a pair and join us next time if you feel strongly enough to call people out over it.
This argument seems to have been stated on page 23 to now and I haven't lived any of the people posts on either side, and I only jumped in now because I'm sick and tired of my notifications being this stupid argument.

This argument seems to have been stated on page 23 to now and I haven't lived any of the people posts on either side, and I only jumped in now because I'm sick and tired of my notifications being this stupid argument.

@Running with scissors

Please ignore it, the post has been dealt with as you can see and the discussion has moved on. If you have nothing to contribute to the discussion other than complaining about your alerts being effected by this, then you do not need to post.

If the discussion bothers you, you have the option of unwatching the Thread. You will stop getting notifications that way.

This conversation points out one of the things I like most about Terraria, and how I never get bored with it. It's possible to play through from start to finish a number of times, and each time discover (or have available) new things or take different paths. It also works well as a game you can "max out" on by grinding the top level bosses to become wonderfully OP.

I wish Re-Logic would add more "Alternates" like Crimson/Corruption, IMHO, The Crimson/Corruption Difficulty Difference is gone in like 2-5 hours, you now have gear, now they're the same in difficulty. (Must beat BoC/EoW)

But the Reward is too great for Crimson Worlds over Corruption, (more powerful weapons, especially the Vampire Knives over the Scourge Of The Corruptor)

I've seen it, it's not new now, I've seen Crimson/Corruption, and I prefer Crimson, don't much care for Corruption..
But with new Alternates that are decided at the World's Beginning and doesn't change, I like that. New "Good Biomes" (Like Hallow, it's "Good") or Hell Biomes, or Jungle Biomes, or what have you, and there's one user on here who has gone to town on that idea, and has Alternates for nearly every Biome.

Now, I doubt Re-Logic will just use that person's ideas directly, but it's an amazing idea, and it will (practically, I guess not if you don't care) Force you to make new worlds, new characters, new playthroughs, for this other content, which will provide an even better experience, and keep people occupied for a damn long time.

@Izzabelle

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/izzabelles-alternates.42782/

Alternate Biomes Hub-Thread.

Then there's what I've been doing lately (mostly while playing with my daughter), which is take my end game character to new worlds and enjoy the comfort of complete safety (with a tornado watching over me) while I explore all the options for construction. I've grown quite fond of building houses/structures with "secret" stairwells, tunnels of actuators that lead off to hidden rooms, and all manner of decor to make a story for the world.

There are so many play styles already, and I'm super excited to know console will be getting even more.

(Side note, looks like my first task will be to spawn new worlds and go farm some marble) ~:)

It's a big part of what drew me in. Knowing each time i start a new character, i can approach the game from a different direction. Melee, ranged, mage, summoner, each with different paths to follow. Do i cleanse the world or let chaos rule? Do i build an impenatrable fort to protect my npc's or build a village that extends out toward either side of the map. Massive castle, or cloud village. Build traps, or face the enemies with only the weapons i wield and skills learned from past defeats. Will this hole end in treasure or just a long fall into a quick death. All part if what made me enjoy the game when i first found it.

Greetings, Terrarians!

Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the upcoming console release of 1.3 and wanted to provide an update.

Currently we are working through the final issues/bug list from Re-Logic and Pipeworks QA – as well as any final bits that we need to resolve for Sony and Microsoft certification submission. Parallel to that, we are putting the final touches on optimization and performance for split-screen multiplayer. It has been a challenge getting the authentic PC experience to feel just right in this important format, but we are nearly done there.

Keep in mind that for a game of this scale we need to ensure that the game is properly screened by QA prior to us submitting the update for certification, we don’t want to rush and sacrifice quality for the sake of getting it out sooner. We are hoping to be able to submit for certification in the next few weeks, though there is a good chance this will take a bit longer. That said, we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this should give you a better idea of where the team is currently at. We hope to have additional information with a more solidified date soon – we just need to see how things progress on the final list before we can do so. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
The Terraria Team at Pipeworks

here's my question so if your getting rid of Ocram will you have another boss to replace him? (this my first time writing something sorry)
I
underlined what I was mostly answering.

here's my question so if your getting rid of Ocram will you have another boss to replace him? (this my first time writing something sorry)
I
underlined what I was mostly answering.

They'll be adding in the bosses introduced in P.C. 1.3 (cultist, pillars, moonlord)but no new exclusives. The plan is to have the same content across all platforms. (Excluding consoles they will no longer be providing updates for, and certain legacy items, most of which will be turned into vanity items and lose their stats.)

Last edited:
I'd love to see more alternates like the Crimson/Corruption split, but at this point I think it might be beyond the scope of the remaining Terraria team. To me work on Terraria is finished really. I figured they are only working on Terraria any further as a way to keep the name alive while they work on the next game in the series. As such I only expect minor stuff like new items or quality of life improvements. The only real question is will it be OtherWorld or Terraria 2 that lands first.

They'll be adding in the bosses introduced in P.C. 1.3 (cultist, pillars, moonlord)but no new exclusives. The plan is to have the same content across all platforms. (Excluding consoles they will no longer be providing updates for, and certain legacy items, most of which will be turned into vanity items and lose their stats.)
I can’t wait to start more play through a bit being rediculously op is very satisfying and it can be useful for events where getting to the last wave would be hard otherwise. There are a lot of new features which basically force you to do a new play through so you can get the full experience. I usually just play with friends because that helps me not to be bored and expert mode does again force you to do a new play through and it means the only way to fully experience 1.3 is to at least do a few 1.3 play throughs

I should read some hp.lovecraft since terraria has so many references to those books.

He's a bit dry, but he builds a unique world. If your looking for a place to start, try the call of Cthulhu.He goes into alot of detail on how he views the Cthulhu mythos, and directly references the cultists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom