Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
as to be expected, people come here to whine and complain...

boo, how dare you guys make sure the game is functioning properly before releasing this update!

obviously, the best choice is to release a broken mess, so these same people can complain that you should've delayed it to make sure it was working properly!

on a serious note, thanks for the news, it's nice to know the wait is almost over, atleast. :dryadsmile:

seeing these people so immensely upset over a relatively small delay to make sure a massive update and rebuilt-from-the-ground-up version of the game is working as smoothly as possible... it must be nice to have such a comfortable, problem-free life that your biggest complaint is that a game update isn't coming out fast enough. %-_-
As to be expected, a bunch of bootlickers come to the aid of people who haven't put out a damn thing yet.

We haven't seen proof of their quality yet but here come the blind followers to pay tribute to their unseen lords.

If that's what you are taking away as the biggest blocker to progress, please do not. Its a focus, but it isn't the "bigger issue", nor is it the cause of you having to wait. :)

For that matter, split-screen is one of THE most popular features of Console Terraria. It is, at this time, probably the most requested PC functionality feature we don't already have (after Gamepad and Improved Localization were added). I really wouldn't sell this short, its a very important feature to tens of thousands of players.
agreed i only play console terraria because of split screen :)

As to be expected, a bunch of bootlickers come to the aid of people who haven't put out a damn thing yet.

We haven't seen proof of their quality yet but here come the blind followers to pay tribute to their unseen lords.

calling me blind is like calling yourself reasonable.

it's a lie and a half.

if you hate them so much, leave... simple as that.

i suggest you put your big boy pants on and calm down.

I have a question about the new update.

Has/is the map on consoles 1.3 being updated to the pc version?

I find the current map on consoles is a game breaker, you can see so much that exploring is ruined.

Its the main reason i keep going back to pc.

It's too pessimistic of you to assume that it WILL be a mess, when you have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what this company is like.

[quote="Khaosbringer]
If they would do anything worth praising like, oh, i don't know, keep their word, i wouldn't have a reason to be upset. Since that is clearly not the case, well, here we are once again.

Or maybe REBUILD THE ENTIRE :red:ING GAME SO CONSOLE DOESN'T HAVE TO SUFFER THE OLD BUILD.[/QUOTE]

And how would we know what it's going to suffer, since they keep setting expectations for release, and then delaying it. Can't judge it's content or it's stability, so we have to take their word and stability of past releases. They've already shown how reliable their word is, we can't exactly hold them up as icons of dependability.

^ Try that instead.
Except we have seen proof of their lack of quality. It's called delayed since June.

13 days ago we were told they were pushing for certification by the end of September. In just 13 days we're already being told that now it'll take a few more weeks. So at least mid October maybe, then the week or two for the cert process. So now we're "hopefully" looking at a November release.

But no, we've seen zero proof of their failures at all. At least these threads bring the console community together, nobody even tries making threads anymore lol.

Last edited:
And how would we know what it's going to suffer, since they keep setting expectations for release, and then delaying it. Can't judge it's content or it's stability, so we have to take their word and stability of past releases. They've already shown how reliable their word is, we can't exactly hold them up as icons of dependability.

Correct, we don't know what it's going to be like, HOW ABOUT YOU WAIT AND SEE? By the way, this is getting far out of hand, and I refuse to allow this thread to be filled with negative comments over positive ones, the poor COMMUNITY MANAGER put time into this thread that you're now ruining.

Take who I assume is your brother MoeHolyGhost with you.

Except we have seen proof of their lack of quality. It's called delayed since June.

13 days ago we were told they were pushing for certification by the end of September. In just 13 days we're already being told that now it'll take a few more weeks. So at least mid October maybe, then the week or two for the cert process. So now we're "hopefully" looking at a November release.

But no, we've seen zero proof if their failures at all. At least these threads bring the console community together, nobody even tries making threads anymore lol.
It’s very frustrating and maybe pipeworks is a fault a little here. I could complain more but it’ll do nothing. So I’ll wait and take my mind off it. Then I’ll think the terrarian Gods that we ever got this update

Correct, we don't know what it's going to be like, HOW ABOUT YOU WAIT AND SEE? By the way, this is getting far out of hand, and I refuse to allow this thread to be filled with negative comments over positive ones, the poor COMMUNITY MANAGER put time into this thread that you're now ruining.[/QUOTE]

Been waiting, not alot seeing. Just delays and broken promises. Announcing another delay, and not expecting negative feedback is unrealistic. Maybe if this was the first time. But its not. Delays seem to be the company rule, not the exception.

But no, we've seen zero proof if their failures at all. At least these threads bring the console community together, nobody even tries making threads anymore lol.

we've "seen" their lack of quality by... not seeing it?

or are you implying they somehow released a broken mess already, despite saying they haven't done such a thing in the same sentence?

make up your mind, you're literally complaining about people trying their best to make a game as enjoyable as possible.

Maybe it's because of my background, but I am also thoroughly frustrated with the level of annoyance over any delays. The devs are obviously pushing hard on this update, and subsequently falling behind their desired date whenever there is any kind of hiccup with no way to catch up. The fact that they're offering up timeline changes as they happen is amazing to me, and shouldn't be seen as breaking any sort of promise.

Also, I have not personally seen a single statement of commitment to a certain date (feel free to reply with a link if there is one). I've seen things like "our goal is this time frame", but never a "we will have it out on". As such, they have stuck to their word and pushed to meet their time goals. Where they have said "we will" is regarding not submitting until it's ready, and there's no way to judge that yet.

No one yells at their friend who was 45 minutes late to a party because there was more traffic than expected. If we can understand in that situation, I feel we should be able to understand in this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom