Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update is a :red:
They never end this update because they didn't anything
2 :red:ing years and nothing!

<Moderator Note: Swear words edited to fit with the Profanity Filter, please write out swear words in full if you choose to swear>

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait! just 1 question, will the mobile update come out in Q4 as well?
thanks, keep up the great work!:happy:
[doublepost=1506419550,1506419315][/doublepost]

I meant a month after the release on console, not Q4. Sorry guys.

that's it pipework's, I've figured out your game, after minutes of thinking I have guessed the release date, so everyone, here me out
so they're supposed to release the update on the 30th of September
they are having a livestream on the 29th of September
this live stream was supposed to happen last week, but it didn't
this stream also includes the moon lord being shown off
pipework's knew that this delay would get everyone really angry, disappointed and dehyped, but if they were to release the update early
everyone would forget all about the delays that they made, and be really happy about the update, they even seemed happy saying...
"this is was going to take longer than a couple of weeks", so this all goes down to the livestream
so to conclude, I THINK that on the Friday the 29th of September the update will come out as a pleasing surprise

So here's how I've come to understand the situation.

Pipeworks gives us a target they aren't able to hit and 3 things always happen.
1. The general community is disappointed but begrudgingly neutral
2. Some members routinely call them out for it.
3. Some more members come to the defense of pipeworks.

This forum has rules. As long as we keep to these rules, we can keep this show going all the way till spring 2018 when 1.3 finally drops (finally we promise this time) and all would be good. Or at least more active than everything else going on for console here.

Where I take issue, even more so than usual, is with two points that are increasing every time these threads pop up.
1. Being told it's "wrong" to vent our frustrations.
2. Being told to "leave" for venting said frustrations.

Speaking for myself ( and maybe two other members I can think of ) it's high time to address these two points.
1. No it's in no way wrong to continually voice our concerns every time pipeworks misses another target.
2. No we're not leaving. In fact, we've had moderators step up and defend us being here to say what we say a few times. So as long as we maintain the rules and don't get banned then, sorry friendo, we're not going anywhere.

With that said. I need to make an apology. Upon reading the original post by ClearConscious I was so mad at the delay that I completely missed the fact that they had addressed one of my earliest complaints and just tore into the thread. They had actually updated us instead of waiting till the last minute. They could've just sat on the last thread two weeks back and just waited for the deadline to pass before telling us anything. Instead we actually got some info, however bittersweet it is, so for that I'm thankful.

And @ClearConscious, sorry for flying off the handle earlier. Now for the love of god please let this be the last delay.
Well said.

Please read back over my comments. I have not personally attacked anyone in this thread. I have responded to multiple attacks myself, and responded in a way that clarified my position. I have also shown my frustration at the situation. Other than my initial comment, which shows sarcasm towards the continued failure of the company to follow their own schedule, i have not directly referenced or insulted anyone. I won't apologize for being upset about a company not keeping their word.

I'd reccomend messaging the mods, not posting this sorta stuff in the thread. From my experience with mods in forums its a much better idea.

I've never heard of that game, but I think that those things are still problems that plague many newer games. It seems like too many games are being made as a money-grab (or it eventually turns into that) rather than being made for the enjoyment of its players. It's really unfortunate because such games always have a ridiculously passionate player-base and someone throws it all away to milk the players for money. Longevity of the game is shrugged off and before you know it, it's a dying/dead game.

Meh, its not even really the devs half the time, its those big companies who lend the money, advertise and all that stuff for them......hopefully one day those big companies realise that making a great game that can easily become a series of great games, with DLC that people are more or less guaranteed to buy will earn them more money then a mediocre game with dlc no one will buy because of the base game and microtransactions people wont buy because they dont want to support a crappy game purely made to milk money outta peopl.

Theres a reason games like terraria can be just as succeful as massive AAA games dispite minimal advertisement...

Maybe just as succesful is a stretch, but I feel like terraria could probably pull in more over all money over the course of a few years just based on positive reviews from an exellent game, then one of the money AAA throw away games that are terrible, buggy amd filled with microtransactions people wont buy because the game's bad.

I'd hate to be a dev working on one of the latter....

Good to hear that the update is on it's way to cert, delays can be a disappointment to come people however there are plenty of other games to be played in the mean time, it also means that pipeworks are focused on delivering a quality update rather than a rushed buggy mess.

TL;RD be patient this is Pipeworks first Terraria update, good things come to those who wait

2 sides of the coin to look at

1. Yes it's annoyingly frustrating that the update is delayed albeit justifiable based on Pipeworks ethics and core values

2. The delay now gives players substantial time to get the soon to be Legacy items (Ocram Trophy & Mask) , we have the Halloween in game event starting soon too

Take the negative and make it a positive
;)

I meant a month after the release on console, not Q4. Sorry guys.

I think Mobile is going to be rebuilt as well, plus, I'm sure things are different between Console and Mobile, they can't just copy the game code for Console and paste it for Mobile and have it work, I bet it will take longer than a month.

Are you kidding me? This is just ridiculous. Take out ocram then delay the game? wtf

Legacy items? Who cares?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do.

Im glad you guys are taking your time! More content is better in my opinion! Keep up the good work! :dryadhappy::rslime:
[doublepost=1506438829,1506438783][/doublepost]I
Good to hear that the update is on it's way to cert, delays can be a disappointment to come people however there are plenty of other games to be played in the mean time, it also means that pipeworks are focused on delivering a quality update rather than a rushed buggy mess.

TL;RD be patient this is Pipeworks first Terraria update, good things come to those who wait
I completely agree!
[doublepost=1506438919][/doublepost]
that's it pipework's, I've figured out your game, after minutes of thinking I have guessed the release date, so everyone, here me out
pipework's knew that this delay would get everyone really angry, disappointed and dehyped, but if they were to release the update early
everyone would forget all about the delays that they made, and be really happy about the update, they even seemed happy saying...
"this is was going to take longer than a couple of weeks", so this all goes down to the livestream
so to conclude, I THINK that on the Friday the 29th of September the update will come out as a pleasing surprise
Here's to hoping! `:D
[doublepost=1506438969][/doublepost]
Hearing about delays is never fun, but they don't happen without a good reason. Making sure that performance and optimization are top notch is the best reason out there.

I'm still looking forward to trying out 1.3 on console!
that makes two of us!
[doublepost=1506439038][/doublepost]
I think Mobile is going to be rebuilt as well, plus, I'm sure things are different between Console and Mobile, they can't just copy the game code for Console and paste it for Mobile and have it work, I bet it will take longer than a month.

I do.
Same dude. I have been waiting for a while. I freaking excited for this!! I do care because i believe that taking their time for maximum performance is key for more players.

Im glad you guys are taking your time! More content is better in my opinion! Keep up the good work! :dryadhappy::rslime:
[doublepost=1506438829,1506438783][/doublepost]I

I completely agree!
[doublepost=1506438919][/doublepost]
Here's to hoping! `:D
[doublepost=1506438969][/doublepost]
that makes two of us!
[doublepost=1506439038][/doublepost]
Same dude. I have been waiting for a while. I freaking excited for this!! I do care because i believe that taking their time for maximum performance is key for more players.

Hello VioletJackson,

In the future, we ask that you use the edit button to edit new content into your Thread if you have more to add. We don't permit Double Posting in most cases as it can be considered spam, and each time a new post is made, it sends a new alert to everyone watching the Thread.

To reply to other member's posts and if no one has posted yet, you can hit "reply" to a members post, and then copy that & hit the edit button to add your new content for your post from there. If you have questions about this or are confused, you may ask me in a PM.

Hello VioletJackson,

In the future, we ask that you use the edit button to edit new content into your Thread if you have more to add. We don't permit Double Posting in most cases as it can be considered spam, and each time a new post is made, it sends a new alert to everyone watching the Thread.

To reply to other member's posts and if no one has posted yet, you can hit "reply" to a members post, and then copy that & hit the edit button to add your new content for your post from there. If you have questions about this or are confused, you may ask me in a PM.
oh ok. sorry bout that. im new still im trying to work it all out

And this thread just further pushes the stereotype for console gamers. Seriously, how childish can you be? I for one am excited to hear about the progress, and it's clear that pipeworks has it worse than the PC team.

At least when Cenx told us 1.3.6 was going to be awhile, (perhaps to help push the console stuff) people gave their support.

Terraria is a game you payed $20 for years ago, yet they are still providing free updates, with no paid DLC or other cash sinks. If you ask me, the fact that they are uniting PC and Console is astounding. They don't have to, but they legitimately love this project, and love their community.

Being angry about the delay is like being angry because someone tells you that their Christmas present for you is going to be late. It just makes you look bad.

The point of this post is positivity. It goes a long way. It's hard to work on things when you're stressed, and complaining about pipeworks is just going to stress them out.

Last edited:
It is good to see news. But I cant realize: is comming update 1.3.6 new version (with new stuff), or we are waiting for union pc and console 1.3.5 version?

It is good to see news. But I cant realize: is comming update 1.3.6 new version (with new stuff), or we are waiting for union pc and console 1.3.5 version?

The new Console Update will be released to be equivalent with 1.3.0.7 on the PC version. PC is developed independently of Console by Re-Logic's own Developers completely and is not going to be held back at all for the Console version to catch up.

It is expected that after the Console version for 1.3 comes out, that updates for newer versions will go far quicker and ultimately catch up with PC. There will not be a "Union update" of PC or Console.

This is what we wish would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom