Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I have all of the exclusive content that is transferring over. You guys can update it now.

We've been entirely up front about what version would be in this release. Those subsequent updates will follow, but we've haven't suggested that post 1.3 content would be bundled in the upcoming release.
Think about it this way:

Halo 5 developers built a game beta with split-screen. Later they removed it, and no one knew till they released the game. In Terraria's case, the devs have been pretty open about what's happening next. In truth, it could be a whole lot worse.

Edit: I just thought it would be fun to turn this to shakespearean english:

Halo 5 developers hath built a game beta with split-screen. Anon they did remove t, and nay one kneweth till they releas'd the game. In terraria's case, the devs has't been quaint ope about what's happening next. In sooth, t couldst beest a whole lot worse.

Last edited:
We've been entirely up front about what version would be in this release. Those subsequent updates will follow, but we've haven't suggested that post 1.3 content would be bundled in the upcoming release.
Dude I know. I just thought the wiring update was part of the initial 1.3 update. Not that it was added afterwards.

Wanted to ask a question, will stability be better on versions 1.3 on console / mobile? or will it be worse?

Dude I know. I just thought the wiring update was part of the initial 1.3 update. Not that it was added afterwards.

https://terraria.wiki.gg/Desktop_Version_history
Wanted to ask a question, will stability be better on versions 1.3 on console / mobile? or will it be worse?

Probably.
I have a question : Does Terraria 1.3 console update will at least be out before 2018 ?

Pretty sure, yes, we got 3 more months left.

I have a question : Does Terraria 1.3 console update will at least be out before 2018 ?
I doubt any dev or mod has the chutzpah to answer this.

If the answer's no it'll spark an actual :red: storm. If the answer's yes then they risk sparking the same :red: storm if they can't deliver.

Nobody wants to be tied to any answer on this question right now.

I doubt any dev or mod has the chutzpah to answer this.

If the answer's no it'll spark an actual :red: storm. If the answer's yes then they risk sparking the same :red: storm if they can't deliver.

Nobody wants to be tied to any answer on this question right now.
I don't think they need chutzpah, I think it's more like they don't want to give a date and then delay it again.

Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed that it'll take awhile longer. But, if it is what needs to be done, then so be it. I'll just keep playing on my current world until the release :)
Greetings, Terrarians!

Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the upcoming console release of 1.3 and wanted to provide an update.

Currently we are working through the final issues/bug list from Re-Logic and Pipeworks QA – as well as any final bits that we need to resolve for Sony and Microsoft certification submission. Parallel to that, we are putting the final touches on optimization and performance for split-screen multiplayer. It has been a challenge getting the authentic PC experience to feel just right in this important format, but we are nearly done there.

Keep in mind that for a game of this scale we need to ensure that the game is properly screened by QA prior to us submitting the update for certification, we don’t want to rush and sacrifice quality for the sake of getting it out sooner. We are hoping to be able to submit for certification in the next few weeks, though there is a good chance this will take a bit longer. That said, we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this should give you a better idea of where the team is currently at. We hope to have additional information with a more solidified date soon – we just need to see how things progress on the final list before we can do so. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
Can you please buff the spectre hood on Xbox one and or 360 because it decreases magic damage by 40%! I just thought that in the newest update the razorpine was merged but apparently it was the specter hood. At most make the debuff by only 10%. I plan on using specter gear to kill the moon lord. Anyway, keep up the good work! ;)

Can you please buff the spectre hood on Xbox one and or 360 because it decreases magic damage by 40%! I just thought that in the newest update the razorpine was merged but apparently it was the specter hood. At most make the debuff by only 10%. I plan on using specter gear to kill the moon lord. Anyway, keep up the good work! ;)

Plan again.

We'll have Nebula Armour at that point which, when worn, Orbs of Health Regeneration, Damage, and Mana Regeneration will spawn when damaging enemies, (in the area you are in) and you touch those to gain their effects.

Plus, Moon Lord has an attack/debuff called "Moon Bite" which keeps you from healing, which includes the Spectre Armour's ability, but not the Nebula Armour's, because it's Health Regeneration, not Instant Health.

Predominantly 1.3.0.7, with other minor changes.

The PC 1.3 changelog is here, it should give the basic changes. You can also consult the wiki.

Major things not included with this update: the wiring update, the Old One's Army event, the Desert/Sandstorm event.
Thank you! That’s quite an impressive list. Although I’m not saying anything new, it’s easily understandable why it’s taking some time to implement and get released. That is a lot of game changing mechanics, additions and deletions.
I am so excited to start a fresh character play through with the yo-you, and am going to craft as many Molotov’s as I can before hand.
@Tunnel King , always appreciate your swift answers. Thank you.

Major things not included with this update: the wiring update, the Old One's Army event, the Desert/Sandstorm event.

And the Water physics update that came with 1.3.4 :( was hoping that would be included but I can understand why it's not

Can't wait for those swishy water effects :p

Ever since pc got content console hasn’t I’ve been waiting for it which is probably a lot longer than most poeple here ive played since update 1, I’m fine with couple extra weeks since been waiting from months to years. Ahh May 2011

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom