Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will it be a surprise update or tell date first then update?

I think it would be a bad idea for them to surprise-release, they are likely going to act like a "responsible-adult-company" (We have sent the material for certification, and we expect it to be done in X-X weeks.) and not a "childish-company" (Heh, jk, jk, we already did it...BOOM, Update. Oh you didn't backup your worlds and characters? too bad.)

I think it would be a bad idea for them to surprise-release, they are likely going to act like a "responsible-adult-company" (We have sent the material for certification, and we expect it to be done in X-X weeks.) and not a "childish-company" (Heh, jk, jk, we already did it...BOOM, Update. Oh you didn't backup your worlds and characters? too bad.)
Yeah this is my expectation too.

Wait, will the update delete your old characters or something?

Will it be a surprise update or tell date first then update?
Pipeworks said in their streams that they will announce it when they submit the update for certification, and then announce the release date as soon as they know it.

No, old characters and worlds will stay. Shadow was making an example of how a "childish-company" would act.

... only a bit longer then I'll have Skyrim, Minecraft, Stardew Valley, and TERRARIA all on a single mobile platform. I'll never be bored anywhere ever again! lol

<3 Switch

No, but some people may want to backup their worlds and characters for any great number of reasons.

Even just fear and distrust that the update might corrupt their worlds, (paranoia) despite a decent game company doing extensive testing to try and corrupt the worlds and characters within the parameters of what a standard user could do in the game, and failing to corrupt the files, making it pretty safe.

Q2. I can feel it. Mid April, First of May 2018. I have also convinced myself that it's because of that ridiculous split screen nonsense.. who the hell plays couch co-op anymore? (If you do, just realize that you are a small minority. Don't argue.) All in all, this makes me incredibly doubt the progress of T:OW as well. Maybe we'll get to see it before 2025 maybe?

Lol. Finally got my family moved back into our house due to fires in our area. First thing they ask is to check to see if the update is out!:D Even though its not, glad to see its relatively close. Thanks for the hard work, pipeworks!

Q2. I can feel it. Mid April, First of May 2018. I have also convinced myself that it's because of that ridiculous split screen nonsense.. who the hell plays couch co-op anymore? (If you do, just realize that you are a small minority. Don't argue.) All in all, this makes me incredibly doubt the progress of T:OW as well. Maybe we'll get to see it before 2025 maybe?

Parents who play games with their kids. Siblings who only have one console. Couple's who don't want to buy multiple consoles so they can have their own screen. It's not as small of a minority as you would think. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean that it's not important. Look at how big the outcry was when other games dropped split screen (Halo 5 comes to mind).

I'm frustrated at how long it's taking too. But I'm not going to be selfish and say that we should get it now even if it means others can't play.

Oh, but your selfish enough to keep the majority (I still think we are the vast majority, regardless of your statement) from playing just so you can play by some archaic method of co=op that died in the 2000s?

Oh, but your selfish enough to keep the majority (I still think we are the vast majority, regardless of your statement) from playing just so you can play by some archaic method of co=op that died in the 2000s?
Parents who play games with their kids. Siblings who only have one console. Couple's who don't want to buy multiple consoles so they can have their own screen. It's not as small of a minority as you would think. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean that it's not important. Look at how big the outcry was when other games dropped split screen (Halo 5 comes to mind).

I'm frustrated at how long it's taking too. But I'm not going to be selfish and say that we should get it now even if it means others can't play.
Fact of the matter is that Re-Logic has final say on what console Terraria needs to have. Nobody else can even be "selfish" about it because they don't get to make the decision.

Fact of the matter is that Re-Logic has final say on what console Terraria needs to have. Nobody else can even be "selfish" about it because they don't get to make the decision.

Ahhhh, the sweet sound of logic to my like-"minded" ears...and eyes...

It's like when it's 80 Degrees (F) out and you have a ice-cold 12-oz can of your choice beverage (even beer) in your hand, and you open it, and hear that beautiful "cuh-chunk" sound of popping the tab, folowed by a refreshing swig of the aforementioned beverage of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom