Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is sure. Pipeworks evidently dodged the question in a steam though according to another poster.
Ok,maybe a moderator/developer might confirm my question or they could just completely it but I doubt they will just pretend it doesn't exist when it is in print

@Proto Persona So, @MoeHolyGhost took the time to fill an inventory full of platforms on a Large world on console then lay them down the length of the world and did the math of 29,970 (the amount of a full inventory of platforms) minus 25,001 (what he was left with at the end) equaling 4,969.

Meaning the length of a Large world on console is 4,969 versus the 8,400 the same size world on PC has. He is currently working on the vertical size but I feel the horizontal size proves the point fine.

I’m glad he did that because I got sucked into Mario and Assassin’s Creed

@Proto Persona So, @MoeHolyGhost took the time to fill an inventory full of platforms on a Large world on console then lay them down the length of the world and did the math of 29,970 (the amount of a full inventory of platforms) minus 25,001 (what he was left with at the end) equaling 4,969.

Meaning the length of a Large world on console is 4,969 versus the 8,400 the same size world on PC has. He is currently working on the vertical size but I feel the horizontal size proves the point fine.

In-Game, one block is .6 Meters, or 2 Feet, (according to the Depth Meter, and Stopwatch calculating a Minecart ride) so your Character stands at around 5 Ft, 7 In. And taking Moe's numbers, A Console Large world is only 1.87 miles and a PC Large world is 3.18 Miles... Do you realize there is several bouts of Forest Biomes, A Jungle, a couple of Crimson/Corruption Biomes, A Hallowed Biome, A Dungeon, A Snow Tundra, A couple Deserts, A lake or two, plenty of ores, a long lost Mayan Temple, 3 Sky Islands, HELL, and a bunch of weird castaways and 2 Beaches IN ONLY 3.2 MILES...ON AN ISLAND??? And if this game was 3D, and you were standing in the middle of the map, it's a 1.6 Mile Radius... There's so much :red: packed onto this island.

But then again, each of these are called "Worlds" are you telling me that this is a planet that is only 3.2 Miles, and then you'd end up back on the other side of the world?

Then, considering how much :red: is on this planet, and how many "caves" are in it, this thing might be dense as :red:. Dense little planets, per ShoddyCast's video on the matter, could potentialy become black holes.

This Video has some swearing in it, so if you have the swear filter on you probably shouldn't watch this, but basically, it means that small dense planets could potentially turn into black holes.

Last edited:
Honestly, guys, y'all should really find other things to do. Expand your interests! That's what I did. Otherwise, I would've freaked out a long time ago.
Read Homestuck!
Play other games!
Try challenges in Terraria!
Just waiting is unhealthy.

Wow, thank you for the work @MoeHolyGhost. That's pretty definitive. Any chance you could upload a clip? Be nice to update the wiki and have something to back the edit up with.

In-Game, one block is .6 Meters, or 2 Feet, (according to the Depth Meter, and Stopwatch calculating a Minecart ride) so your Character stands at around 5 Ft, 7 In. And taking Moe's numbers, A Console Large world is only 1.87 miles and a PC Large world is 3.18 Miles... Do you realize there is several bouts of Forest Biomes, A Jungle, a couple of Crimson/Corruption Biomes, A Hallowed Biome, A Dungeon, A Snow Tundra, A couple Deserts, A lake or two, plenty of ores, a long lost Mayan Temple, 3 Sky Islands, HELL, and a bunch of weird castaways and 2 Beaches IN ONLY 3.2 MILES...ON AN ISLAND??? And if this game was 3D, and you were standing in the middle of the map, it's a 1.6 Mile Radius... There's so much :red: packed onto this island.

But then again, each of these are called "Worlds" are you telling me that this is a planet that is only 3.2 Miles, and then you'd end up back on the other side of the world?

Then, considering how much :red: is on this planet, and how many "caves" are in it, this thing might be dense as :red:. Dense little planets, per ShoddyCast's video on the matter, could potentialy become black holes.

This Video has some swearing in it, so if you have the swear filter on you probably shouldn't watch this, but basically, it means that small dense planets could potentially turn into black holes.
Dude you spent way too much time mathing this out. :happy:

Ahahahah the last tweet from pipeworks is a Mario meme.... WHY LIZ! WHY (Or other Person who doses that)
I also don't mean this in a negative way... I thought it was funny:D

Honestly, guys, y'all should really find other things to do. Expand your interests! That's what I did. Otherwise, I would've freaked out a long time ago.
Read Homestuck!
Play other games!
Homestuck heheheheheheh been and done I can agree with this

Read Homestuck!
Play other games!

I laughed when I read this both my favorite developers have delayed patches multiple times this year here's looking at you studio wildcard

Will post this here, as I did in the other thread.

There has been some talk that older console worlds were smaller than their PC counterparts (I tried to find some mention of this on the wiki, but cannot - let's just assume that is the case, likely for old gen-created worlds?) and subsequent concern about what that meant for the new console build. For newly generated worlds in the new codebase, world size (small/medium/large) will match their PC counterparts. For existing worlds that may - if this is indeed the case - be smaller than their PC counterparts, they will load just fine in the new code, but will remain at their current size - whatever that may be.

I have asked the PW Dev Team as well - so they can correct me if I am mistaken. (in which case, I'll post back where my mistakes were)

---

EDIT: Desk research (aka Google :p ) shows that console worlds appear to have been smaller in the past (not sure why the wiki does not have this noted, though?). Originally (I am guessing here), I assume this was done due to the very low RAM available on old gen. Current Gen, when it launched later on, kept the same world sizes as old gen in order to support crossplay (again, based on looking back at what I could find... a lot of that was on the old, now defunct TO forums).
However, the new PW build is based on the PC code as its foundation, NOT the existing Console code. As such, newly genned worlds there = PC sizes. Old "Console Size" worlds are also supported - but only for files loaded from the legacy console builds. There is not any way to generate "old console sizes" in the new build. Older worlds will not be "upsized", they will remain the same size as they are in your current save. Messing with that would cause a good number of potential issues that would put your saves at risk - and that would, of course, be very bad.

Will continue to add to this if I find out I am wrong on any of that. :)

Last edited:
I appreciate the information @Loki as this is all I desired to know apart from a release date.

Glad to help clear the confusion.

Adding a bit more info to the info above:

• Confirmed that the way the new build works is accurate with the PW Dev Team.
    • Newly genned worlds will match PC size
    • Old Console world sizes supported, but will not "resize"
  • Old/Current Console Worlds will list as <Size> Legacy in the World List vs new gen worlds which will list as <Size> like they would on PC.

I hope that makes sense?

Glad to help clear the confusion.

Adding a bit more info to the info above:

• Confirmed that the way the new build works is accurate with the PW Dev Team.
    • Newly genned worlds will match PC size
    • Old Console world sizes supported, but will not "resize"
  • Old/Current Console Worlds will list as <Size> Legacy in the World List vs new gen worlds which will list as <Size> like they would on PC.

I hope that makes sense?
Thanks a lot Loki that gives me a bit of satisfaction with the new update

They never confirmed a release. They hoped to get it out by those dates. Why don’t you try to make a game as popular as terraria. Ask yourself: do you really want to play a game full of bugs? And when fans go and get mad about a delay for a giant update, don’t you think the creators feel bad since they just want to make all the fans happy? It puts pressure on them that their losing fans just because they want to make a fun and playable game. Calm down and wait. It’s not easy to make a game so big. This update is huge, we all want it, and we’re going to get it. Just hang in there. They want this to be as bug free as it can be. And I can barely play terraria because of a split screen crash glitch. I want this fixed and I want the update now, but I understand how hard it is to make an update as big as this. They don’t really know when it will release, so stop being babies and be patient.
[doublepost=1509225876,1509225484][/doublepost]
Or from anytime from now-December 31st. Past June next year is too far. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that... but I do enjoy the time I have to farm ocram... and do other stuff console only while we still can. Shoot, I gotta hurry on this ocram thing. See ya.
[doublepost=1509226412][/doublepost]Actually as long as it’s confirmed for someday, I’m happy. I don’t care when, just that it’s confirmed and that one day we will have it. Hopefully soon, but we don’t know. Wonder what 1.4 will be like when that rolls around? Hopefully not as annoying of a wait. Haven’t we been waiting since 2014? Pretty sure when pc came out with it, people asked about console. Hmm... at least we have split screen still, right? Eh, like I said, as long as it comes, I’m fine.
[doublepost=1509226827][/doublepost]One last thing, what is this? Is this a real boss or fan art?
According to other forumers it has been around two years since the update was announced for console. I only got it last christmas so I'm not as frustrated, but it has been nearly a year since I got the game and there hasn't been any new content for it.

The developers need to get rid of the gamebreaking glitches, and drop fixing updates after. They say they can't drop frequent updates on console because they aren't allowed (correct me if I'm wrong) but games like fortnite are dropping two updates a week.

Super Mario Odyssey!

Glad there's another good, lengthy game to occupy me while waiting for Terraria Switch.

Note: I already played through Zelda: BotW while waiting for my Terraria fix. Patience is the art of hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom