Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is going to get "banned", my dude.
It's just that you'll get frowned upon by the community, and you'll never get assistance with anything.
What do you mean "never get assistance with anything" people would be more likely to help you cause they would probably ask for you to duplicate those items for them....well at least from what I've witnessed and experienced

What do you mean "never get assistance with anything" people would be more likely to help you cause they would probably ask for you to duplicate those items for them....well at least from what I've witnessed and experienced
Let me put it this way... Say you grind to get some decent stuff. Then, you get beaten by your friend in PvP. This friend somehow has better stuff than you. And how did they get this? They don't tell you. You look in their base, in their chests. They have everything. Every item. Every weapon. Every piece of armor, including the dev armor. Everything. This cache also includes the stuff that you, quite literally, worked your flipping butt off to get. You start to wonder what's going on. Then, to top it all off, you catch them in the act of cheating. That's when you figure it out. They hacked in every item in the game so that they could beat you in every aspect. Now, let me ask you... How would you feel if you found out this was the case? I'd be willing to bet that you'd never look at your friend the same way ever again. I know I didn't.

Last edited:
Please do not ask about or discuss hacked console items on this forum. You are completely on your own regarding that topic.
It felt satisfying to play a legit PC-authentic Terraria on Console.

I know it was sarcasm - but we did give them a list of stuff to address. Some performance things and the usual list of bugs and such (often times, the creator of a core game sees things that no one else does - I always joke it is like "being able to see the Matrix"). So yeah, it's just down to Pipeworks banging away on that (in close contact with our QA team) and then I am sure we will dive in once again - hopefully for that last pass to give it the official stamp of approval for launch.

I know the delay sucks, but it is necessary in our opinion. Knowingly launching with issues is a self-fulfilling prophecy. :p
It would be cool for it to release on the 30th of June

Let me put it this way... Say you grind to get some decent stuff. Then, you get beaten by your friend in PvP. This friend somehow has better stuff than you. And how did they get this? They don't tell you. You look in their base, in their chests. They have everything. Every item. Every weapon. Every piece of armor, including the dev armor. Everything. This cache also includes the stuff that you, quite literally, worked your flipping butt off to get. You start to wonder what's going on. Then, to top it all off, you catch them in the act of cheating. That's when you figure it out. They hacked in every item in the game so that they could beat you in every aspect. Now, let me ask you... How would you feel if you found out this was the case? I'd be willing to bet that you'd never look at your friend the same way ever again. I know I didn't.
Well I have everything that you can get in the console version accept the dev items....even the rod of discord, the axe, and the slime staff all from grinding but I wouldn't be mad just disappointed in them for cheating and probably give them a disappointed look

Last edited:
Sorry I added to my post a actual answer
I used to play Terraria with a few friends at school. We had fun doing it. Then, one of my friends cheated in some items into the game. Stuff that, back then, wasn't implemented yet. This included various Hardmode stuff. One of my friends quit because of it. I didn't like it. I got a set of wings. Nothing else. I nearly swiped some stuff from this friend when I was at his base. (Of course he was the one that started LootFest 2014.) Then, he did it again the next year. (This was also the year I managed to actually KILL him. Twice. Though, he doesn't give me the second one.) The point here is that, even though I still call him my friend, I have never looked at this friend the same way in Video Games ever again. (I found out he didn't just do it in Terraria.)

I used to play Terraria with a few friends at school. We had fun doing it. Then, one of my friends cheated in some items into the game. Stuff that, back then, wasn't implemented yet. This included various Hardmode stuff. One of my friends quit because of it. I didn't like it. I got a set of wings. Nothing else. I nearly swiped some stuff from this friend when I was at his base. (Of course he was the one that started LootFest 2014.) Then, he did it again the next year. (This was also the year I managed to actually KILL him. Twice. Though, he doesn't give me the second one.) The point here is that, even though I still call him my friend, I have never looked at this friend the same way in Video Games ever again. (I found out he didn't just do it in Terraria.)
It's hard when one of your friends cheat in a game because when they then say they won't cheat again, it's hard to trust them so you don't allow them on your world.

Also, when I said modders wouldn't get asststance with anything, I wasn't just talking about friendship; I was also talking about moderators and Re-Logic members.
And speaking of moderators, I feel like this is getting a bit off-topic. Let's drop it, shall we?

Also, when I said modders wouldn't get asststance with anything, I wasn't just talking about friendship; I was also talking about moderators and Re-Logic members.
And speaking of moderators, I feel like this is getting a bit off-topic. Let's drop it, shall we?
I had that thought as well. I agree. Let's drop it.

I agree, someone I used to play with planted Red's Wings into one of my chests, trying to get me banned...I removed and blocked him on Psn and never looked at him the same ever again. :merchantwhat:

If Sony and Microsoft actually enforced the rules on modified items there would be a lot more banned Diablo 3 players.

Regardless, for anyone worried about their saves and 1.3 just get rid of the items in question. I doubt they leave any lasting traces on your save files.

EDIT: While I'm thinking about it, @Leinfors was there any word on if radial hotbars will make it to console?

Last edited:
Don't go deleting your items just because of fear mongering.

If an actual dev says it will be a problem to your save files having them, then delete them...but they haven't said that. And they would definitely mention that considering that almost 50% of players own them.

Some of you guys should really find a new hobby other than speculating ONLY the negative and getting these kids worried.

Don't go deleting your items just because of fear mongering.

If an actual dev says it will be a problem to your save files having them, then delete them...but they haven't said that. And they would definitely mention that considering that almost 50% of players own them.

Some of you guys should really find a new hobby other than speculating ONLY the negative and getting these kids worried.
It's not just that.
People aren't even allowed to have these items, so you should DEFINITELY delete them.

What's gonna happen if they don't though?

Nothing at all.
First of all, that's no way to think at all. Just because there's no punishment doesn't mean you have an excuse to disobey.
Not only that, but I already said that no one will help you with stuff if you do disobey the modding rules.
bLPAYgP.png

First of all, that's no way to think at all. Just because there's no punishment doesn't mean you have an excuse to disobey.
Not only that, but I already said that no one will help you with stuff if you do disobey the modding rules.
bLPAYgP.png

"No one will help you" lololol.
That's quite an assumption.

Almost half of the playerbase has the items so yea, about half the players won'even t care at all...its just another game.

And I don't recall technical support ever helping with anything so what would we need help with from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom