Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No one will help you" lololol.
That's quite an assumption.

Almost half of the playerbase has the items so yea, about half the players won'even t care at all...its just another game.

And I don't recall technical support ever helping with anything so what would we need help with from them?
I don't have never used a dev item BUT I will be using the expert mode treasures :p

What was posted in the screen is accurate. Caveat Emptor.

As to what will happen with existing hacked-in dev items? Not quite sure, but I plan to raise it today.

"Let the buyer beware"

...rofl

Yes indeed. The "buyer" of the hacked items - in the face of warnings to the contrary - has no guarantee that his or her game will work properly as a result. Same as with anything else. That isn't to say there WILL be issues, only that if they ever did with said hacked items, then its on the hacker.

Not sure what is funny about that, but to each his own.

Yes indeed. The "buyer" of the hacked items - in the face of warnings to the contrary - has no guarantee that his or her game will work properly as a result. Same as with anything else. That isn't to say there WILL be issues, only that if they ever did with said hacked items, then its on the hacker.

So are the console exclusives going to be removed? Is Ocram being removed?
Are the items that almost every player has, but shouldn't, going to affect their saves or not?

These are legitimate concerns from customers that are being avoided by staff and fueled by users with no actual proof or anything.

Are you going to get those answered or just keep saying how they shouldn't have an item and its a possibility, totally avoiding the other, bigger concerns?

Thanks for the fantastic transparency and certainty...that's what's funny.

And note, these are not my concerns but what I've been reading on your forums and seeing zero answers.

So are the console exclusives going to be removed? Is Ocram being removed?
Are the items that almost every player has, but shouldn't, going to affect their saves or not?

These are legitimate concerns from customers that are being avoided by staff and fueled by users with no actual proof or anything.

Are you going to get those answered or just keep saying how they shouldn't have an item and its a possibility, totally avoiding the other, bigger concerns?

Thanks for the fantastic transparency and certainty...that's what's funny.

And note, these are not my concerns but what I've been reading on your forums and seeing zero answers.

Unknown - hopefully not, though. Again, that was a choice anyone deciding to hack unobtainable items in made and a risk that they have and are taking. That has been the statement since before TCF even existed. Thus the caveat emptor. I am not sure what else you want said - hopefully they will not cause issues, however, QA cannot run around testing "out of bounds hacks". The notion of expecting a company to do this is - as politely as I can put it - absurd.

No one knows what "almost every player has" - I suspect that is a perception bias. Regardless, see above.

The answer on console exclusives as it stands has been given - ALL of them will undergo a thorough review. The outcome of which will be shared when it is completed and decided. Something as impactful (I guess? Given the age and obsolescence of so many of them) as that would warrant an actual post, not a reply on page 13 of a different thread.

While we are on the topic, you can kindly drop the snark. Neither appreciated nor driving any of your desired outcomes nor gaining you any answers at any accelerated rate. :)

Unknown - hopefully not, though. Again, that was a choice anyone deciding to hack unobtainable items in made and a risk that they have and are taking. That has been the statement since before TCF even existed. Thus the caveat emptor. I am not sure what else you want said - hopefully they will not cause issues, however, QA cannot run around testing "out of bounds hacks". The notion of expecting a company to do this is - as politely as I can put it - absurd.

No one knows what "almost every player has" - I suspect that is a perception bias. Regardless, see above.

The answer on console exclusives as it stands has been given - ALL of them will undergo a thorough review. The outcome of which will be shared when it is completed and decided. Something as impactful (I guess? Given the age and obsolescence of so many of them) as that would warrant an actual post, not a reply on page 13 of a different thread.

While we are on the topic, you can kindly drop the snark. Neither appreciated nor driving any of your desired outcomes nor gaining you any answers at any accelerated rate. :)

How informative.

How informative.
What more information are you hoping to get really? He answered every question you had.

Q: Will hacked items affect or corrupt your save after 1.3?
A: Hopefully not, but we don't know for sure. We definitely aren't going to test for it or help anyone it affects.

Q: Are console exclusives being removed?
A: We don't know yet, we're still deciding that. We'll post something on the front page when we have decided on it.

Did you get different answers from his post than I did?

To anyone asking "will they remove ocram" it's highly unlikely cause it just gives them more work and if they did mobile would more than likely be saying goodbye to turkur and lepus and the backlash would be tremendous

To anyone asking "will they remove ocram" it's highly unlikely cause it just gives them more work and if they did mobile would more than likely be saying goodbye to turkur and lepus and the backlash would be tremendous
Actually removing removing the console and mobile exclusives is less work. Pipeworks isn't working from the existing codebase for console Terraria, they starting with the PC version. None of these exclusives exist there so technically they are already removed. That means they would have to recreate them from scratch without creating more bugs by accident.

What more information are you hoping to get really? He answered every question you had.

Q: Will hacked items affect or corrupt your save after 1.3?
A: Hopefully not, but we don't know for sure. We definitely aren't going to test for it or help anyone it affects.

Q: Are console exclusives being removed?
A: We don't know yet, we're still deciding that. We'll post something on the front page when we have decided on it.

Did you get different answers from his post than I did?

No I got the same thing you did...an elongated BS post simply saying "I don't know" lol

No I got the same thing you did...an elongated BS post simply saying "I don't know" lol

You were asked to cut your snark and, low and behold, you're at it again. You're pretty dead set on thinking game development is a one way street with paved roads at a normal pace.

It is not. There's business to handle, code to write, decisions to be made, goals to plan, and it's a multi person effort in tangent with other projects in the works.

So before you go telling people "lol, they have no idea what they're doing" take that into consideration. You are also not privy to every piece of information currently in the game or any game for that matter, for all those aforementioned aspects I mentioned? They need to coincide, and that takes time.

So I'll reitirate what Loki said. Cut the sarcasm and snark.

Easy or not, they'd never remove a boss lol. They're trying to add content not remove it. Pretty sure the guys making it sound like its gonna happen are just PC players, salty they don't have him.

He ain't going anywhere.
[doublepost=1497368606,1497368519][/doublepost]
You were asked to cut your snark and, low and behold, you're at it again. You're pretty dead set on thinking game development is a one way street with paved roads at a normal pace.

It is not. There's business to handle, code to write, decisions to be made, goals to plan, and it's a multi person effort in tangent with other projects in the works.

So before you go telling people "lol, they have no idea what they're doing" take that into consideration. You are also not privy to every piece of information currently in the game or any game for that matter, for all those aforementioned aspects I mentioned? They need to coincide, and that takes time.

So I'll reitirate what Loki said. Cut the sarcasm and snark.
Cool story bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom