Console Console 1.3 - An Update on Timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright to be completely honest I've been patient for quite a while, in fact, the last patch was about a year ago. It would be one thing if there was any information that was solid but so far everything has been just delay after delay. I understand that many unexpected things can appear during development and how they might cause a delay. However, can we seriously not get a single good eta? Q2 Q3 etc. this is basically saying sometime in this year you might see an update. Now I know this is more of a rant than anything but please try to give a more solid eta rather then get people's hopes up over a three month period, it just bums everyone out when the three month period passes and we just get told to wait another possible three month period.

Thanks for reading.

TLDR: I'm frustrated at being told anytime in three month period and hope there would be a solid eta.

I doubt the devs can a definite release date until the game is done and thoroughly tested, all they can do atm is estimate a release date based on the work done.

I doubt it's a simple process to port 1.3 from pc to the consoles, the graphical and audio assets i assume can easily be converted but the game engine itself can be fickle giving the fact that the devs have to deal with 2 different operating systems, one of them being unix based the other windows based (i think with XB1).

Just be patient, the update will arrive when it's ready, we all know what happens when games go through a rushed dev process.

If anyone needs some hype then there's a new YouTube video regarding 1.3 by pipeworks that was uploaded yesterday, however they still don't have a specific date yet, they do kinda hint that it will be during summer by asking what our expert mode summer plans are

This guy. ¶ Plus Im bored.

Possibly to build, craft or whatever you can do with blocks. People have their reasons. #1.3consolehypecan'twait

I might do just that but modify the world instead of just digging it all out but do that for one world I'll dig it all up for the blocks tho (be carefl of the dungeon guardians tho)

Went ahead and killed skeletron just for that reason.

If anyone needs some hype then there's a new YouTube video regarding 1.3 by pipeworks that was uploaded yesterday, however they still don't have a specific date yet, they do kinda hint that it will be during summer by asking what our expert mode summer plans are
I know I seen that. With the "camp" and showing off the new alchemy table.

So excited for the update. eventually it will come out and everyone will have so much fun.

P.S. just be a little more patient I now that we have been waiting for ever but just be happy that were getting this update.

Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
I think this is great news! Quality is of the utmost importance. Although I'm dying to get the update because I play more on my xbox one than my pc.

Well, they do streams every so often, and show us some new content they've been working on(not that I've watched the streams, I just saw their youtube videos)
The problem with the streams is this content isn't new to most people. Even exclusively console and mobile players have probably seen everything the streams are "spoiling." It's hard to hype what is essentially old content.

The problem with the streams is this content isn't new to most people. Even exclusively console and mobile players have probably seen everything the streams are "spoiling." It's hard to hype what is essentially old content.
Well yeah, but the person I was quoting was asking for updates on progress.

is there any dev that can help me? I bought terraria twice on mobile (once in the demo app and once in the full paid version) and i dont want to have to buy it a third time nor do i have the money, could anyone give me it?

Well yeah, but the person I was quoting was asking for updates on progress.
In my opinion (I just watch the gameplay, I don't listen to what they say, sorry pw.) they don't drop any information on progression, just showing them play the actual game that we are waiting for.

is there any dev that can help me? I bought terraria twice on mobile (once in the demo app and once in the full paid version) and i dont want to have to buy it a third time nor do i have the money, could anyone give me it?
Sorry @Ace the terrarian, we don't allow asking or begging for the game here. If you were looking for a console version of Terraria there were deals earlier that had it for Xbox One and PS4 for $4. So if you kept a lookout you could've gotten it for a great deal. I suggest just saving up. If you have it on mobile, you know it's a great game and well worth full price.

Any chance we will get a more specific ETA on this update? Love terraria but not a whole lot to do right now on consoles.

Well, since we are almost through with July, Q3 is looking smaller, so i would say sometime in August or September, since they still fall in Q3. How's that for being more specific? :)

i need the pc version not console, but i understand what you said. I'm still very much in need of the game though...

I think on PC the games only 5-15 Dollars (American...I think those prices were steam). Compared to most other games this good that is a massive bargain (and that isnt even considering any of the sales steam does).

If neccassary just give it some time.

Well, since we are almost through with July, Q3 is looking smaller, so i would say sometime in August or September, since they still fall in Q3. How's that for being more specific? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom